This is a group of people, approved by us, to receive free books to read and share their honest opinions about.
We seek people who enjoy reading, who want to read a lot, and who will share reviews. Not everyone will be approved because of the number of books available. We hope you understand.
Latest Activity: Oct 8
We will be adding books every month and will be looking for feedback. We can have videos here and other promotional activity.
Make sure that everyone has their contact information filled in under the "settings" tab (upper right click settings and about 1/2 way down) so that we can send you books for this extended project :-)
More in a little bit...
Rules: (We all need them)
1) We will be having publishers sending you books directly (so we will have to give them your address) We will not give them your phone numbers or email addresses. We ask that you work with us on these things because we will provide a large variety of books from many sources. Plus honestly we are charging them for promotional work, so it helps us if you stick with us. Does this make sense? It helps keep this and the magazine free and keeps free books coming to you!
2) When we send a PDF version of a book to you, it is with the understanding that you will not be sending it out to other people... Authors want to sell their books. I am sure you understand that? I mean if I buy a paperback and I like it and give it to my friend to read and they do the same... that is one thing, but with an email it can "viral" out to hundreds of people and it can really hurt the author. So please treat these like you would a paperback?
3) We will post our opinions on Amazon, Christianbooks.com, Barnes and Noble and Good Reads as well as any other sites requested. We will then post a copy of our opinion that we shared on the Readers Only review page for that book in the discussion for it here:
Here is the link to the Review Pages
http://www.bookfun.org/group/reviews-by-readers-only-group-public and include a list of where it was posted, so that authors publishers and others will be encouraged by our efforts.
You will get an email from Cheri, with the link for that particular discussion, don't loose that email, you can use it to go back and place your review and list everywhere you posted it.
Authors will be watching that page, and even though you may have posted your review everywhere, they and we, will not know, unless you post what you think and did, on that discussion.
4) We will put a statement like: "I received this book from bookfun.org in return for my honest opinion" in our reviews so others can find the site. :-) (VERY important rule)
5) "AN HONEST REVIEW" means that we will post just that, an honest review. We do not require members to post "positive reviews" only. If someone does not like a book they can either refrain from posting, thus being released from reviewing it, or if they feel they must post a negative review are free to do so. We want your honest participation in the reviewing process.
6) STAR rankings on Amazon and others are subjective at best but our members will post an honest ranking of what they feel the book deserves. We are free to refrain from ranking a book any lower than a 3 star ranking, but if our readers feel the need to post a 1 or a 2 ranking they are certainly free to do so, we want your honest participation.
How to request the books and where is the chat?
Once you hit Play look on the bottom right hand corner of the video for the Full Page link and enjoy!
2) How and where do you post your reviews?
After pushing play look on the bottom right of the video for the full screen icon and enjoy