MARCH 2018 DRAWING - (2) HB COPIES THE POWER TO BE by TWILA BELK

GIVEAWAY EVENT - Kicks off TODAY MARCH 20th

ABOUT BOOK: Be still. Be grateful. Be strong. Be courageous.

Sure, that's easy for you to say, but you don't know what I'm dealing with. Is that what you're thinking? The good news is that it is possible to be still, grateful, strong, and courageous--even when undergoing trials, facing unknowns, battling fears, or struggling with feelings of inadequacy or insecurity. It all has to do with where your focus is. In this beautifully hopeful devotional, Twila shares important truths and helps you shift your attention from situations and self to a big God. Learn as she shares how Whatever we focus on becomes magnified. Our circumstances don't change who God is; they show us who God is. The better we know God, the more we can trust him. This forty-day devotional contains encouraging readings, Scripture verses, prayers, and daily affirmations, which will lead you to realize that you indeed have the power to be.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Twila Belk, aka The Gotta Tell Somebody Gal, is a writer and speaker who loves braggin’ on God. She enjoys laughing and promoting laughter, but even more than that, she’s passionate about shining the light on her amazing Lord. 

Twila's seventh book—The Power to be: Be Still, Be Grateful, Be Strong, Be Courageous, Raindrops from Heaven: Gentle Reminders of God’s Power, Presence, and Purpose.

In addition to writing and speaking, she enjoys teaching at writers conferences across the nation and coaching writers on their next steps as The Writer's Champion. She's worked full time with veteran author Cecil Murphey since June 2007 and looks forward to carrying on his legacy after he retires.

Twila and her husband, Steve, live in Bettendorf, Iowa, near the Mississippi River and the home of American Pickers, John Deere tractors, and Whitey's ice cream. She is Mom to three grown children and Grandma to three precious little boys.

For more information, visit www.gottatellsomebody.com

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION TO ENTER

1. What is your favorite devotional? Why?

2. Are you reading a devotional now? If so which one?

3. When do you read your devotional?

CONGRATS TO JAN HALL

Your Name was Picked to receive a copy of Power to Be

I've sent your contact information to the author.

EVERYONE will have another chance to win a copy of Power to Be NEXT MONTH!

GIVING AWAY One book this month

and ONE next month!

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 301

Replies to This Discussion

I'm reading Jesus Calling as a devotional. My co-workers at Samaritan's Purse gifted it to me before I finished my work with them for Operation Christmas Child. We often read it as our office devotional, and I think of that inspiration when I read it now. I don't read it every day, but it's a good one to have; I like to read the accompanying bible  verses. 

I try to start my day reading Jesus Calling by Sarah Young and I also do the First5 app.

kathyrobinson11@comcast.net

I read several devotionals each morning, inc
Our daily Bread, Anchor, and Beside Still Waters. I also write devotions and edit them for a publisher.

1. My favorite devotional is Our Daily Bread and this goes back to my grandmother. She received a paper copy by mail and she would give her old copies to me. This was very special to a little girl who loved to read! I now get a new entry via email each morning.

Twila, thanks for the chance to read your devotional.

2. Reading a devotional now that I got for free via Amazon, called Got Fruit? by Ron Brooks. a guide to family devotions based on the furit of the spirit.

sounded interesting, have yet to crack the spine.

Thanks for the chance, book sounds very interesting,

Julie

I have a devotional that has the Psalms divided into 31 days and coupled with Proverbs daily so I go through both books every month. I have been doing this for more than 5 years! I would think either I would have them memorized or be bored but everyday I find more and more to savor every morning to "chew" on for the day. One year I took a colored pen and circled every instance of "wise" or "wisdom" just for a change. Another year I did the same thing with "joy". I have found in times of deepest sadness or bouts of doubting, God has shown me a new joy and wisdom in His word. His word is every refreshing and a lamp to me feet - a light for my path. 

I have several devotionals that I read every morning.  Come Ye Apart which our church supplies, Daily Declarations of Faith, and one of Joyce Meyers.  I have several on my Kindle--Streams in the Desert, one on Psalms, and others that I read if I have to leave home early for an appointment or trip.  All are very inspirational. 

I usually read my devotional before I go to bed, but there are times where I have read first thing upon awakening.

I like "God Calling", the original basis for "Jesus Calling" . It was written almost 100 years ago and has recently been revised with more current language for a modern audience.

I am reading a devotional from Pastor Bill Johnson entitled "A Life of Miracles: 365-day Guide to Prayer and Miracles.

I also am reading 'When I Pray: 31 Days of Wisdom for Women From the Book of Psalms' by Kristy Marcotte.

I try to read my devotional each morning, during my break at work, or before I go to sleep.

Jesus Calling by Sarah Young is one of my favorite devotionals.

2. I am currently reading The Gospel According to Ruth by Kevin Foster. It's a 121 day study that takes the reader step by step through the book of Ruth in the Bible.

3. I have my devotions in the morning. Thank you for the chance to win a copy of your book.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Another Important Poll

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service