GIVEAWAY UNDERWAY

LAST DAY TO ENTER

JANUARY 31st

ABOUT BOOK: When the Black Death is coming, what can you do—except wait to die? In the year 1348, as the deadliest of all plagues approaches the community of Rundschau in the Swiss Alps, villagers use their last remaining hours to stage the Passion of Christ.

As their performance turns into prayer, the village becomes a temple. What happens when the whole community reaches out to God?

The miracle of Mysteria—the sacramental and mysterious experience that takes place when people meet God. Heaven IS listening... This story is inspired by the real events that took place in the Bavarian village of Oberammergau. The Passion of Christ has been staged there every decade since 1634, when the village was miraculously spared from the bubonic plague. The next performance is scheduled in 2020

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED 

INTO DRAWING

1. If you could live in another country for a year, where would you go? What would you do?

2. Out of all the electronic devices in your house, What ones most frustrates you? Why?

3. How high-tech was your childhood? What technologies existed in your youth, and what role did they play in your life

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

TBCN Where Book Fun Begins!

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 93

Replies to This Discussion

Growing up I can remember all the other kids had the Sega and Nintendo. We had to wait until we were old enough to buy our own games. Even then we only had one remote. It taught us to share, and we were always together, There we four of us kids. 

I guess the most high tech item for me in my childhood was television! Lol!! I am so old!! Oh... and a transistor radio!!
3.) my childhood was not high tech. For many years we didn’t even have a television, and when we got one we only had the basic channels. I used to love going over to my girlfriends after school and watching Inspector Gadget!

I would love to live in Israel and travel to all the different places mentuoned in Bible History. 

There wasn't much technology during my childhood. We didn't even have calculators yet and a computer filled a whole room. So I wasn't affected by it.

I had a very low tech childhood.  The computers used punch cards in my days.  

3. HIgh-Tech childhood? I am a baby boomer and I learned to type on a manual typewriter! I received a small transistor radio for Christmas when I was in the fourth grade. My Timex wrist watch had to be wound every day and I had to know how to tell time. No digital watch or clocks for me! Our television set was B/W and we had 6 channels to choose from. There was one telephone and it was a rotary dial. My childhood consisted of playing outdoors when weather permitted and playing board games and cards when it was bad. And always, there was reading! I loved to read and books were the best gifts ever!

I would live in New Zealand. I would travel in a motor home and see the beautiful scenery. My computer frustrates me the most because I need it for work. When I don't understand what to do, it slows me down. I was a baby boomer and our technology was black and white television, a record player and radios. I loved the record player and the kid cartoons on television. They inspired me to enjoy humor and music.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service