GIVEAWAY UNDERWAY

LAST DAY TO ENTER

JANUARY 31st

ABOUT BOOK: When the Black Death is coming, what can you do—except wait to die? In the year 1348, as the deadliest of all plagues approaches the community of Rundschau in the Swiss Alps, villagers use their last remaining hours to stage the Passion of Christ.

As their performance turns into prayer, the village becomes a temple. What happens when the whole community reaches out to God?

The miracle of Mysteria—the sacramental and mysterious experience that takes place when people meet God. Heaven IS listening... This story is inspired by the real events that took place in the Bavarian village of Oberammergau. The Passion of Christ has been staged there every decade since 1634, when the village was miraculously spared from the bubonic plague. The next performance is scheduled in 2020

CONGRATS

Lori Smanski 

Your contact information has been sent to the author.

THANKS for helping make

TBCN a Book Fun Place to be!

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED 

INTO DRAWING

1. If you could live in another country for a year, where would you go? What would you do?

2. Out of all the electronic devices in your house, What ones most frustrates you? Why?

3. How high-tech was your childhood? What technologies existed in your youth, and what role did they play in your life

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

TBCN Where Book Fun Begins!

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 116

Replies to This Discussion

If I could live in another country for a year I would go where Jesus was. I want to feel close to him and go where He walked daily. I want to experience everything about Him An day the country he grew up in. I want to surround myself with the people that live there now and understand how faithful they are even when War is going on around them. I would love to go to the garden He was at and sit there for hours and pray. I could feel His presence and peace . 

We didn't have much for electronic devices add a child. When I think about the changes in my lifetime, it is just amazing! We've embraced  technology but I think, like most things, there must be a degree of responsibility to ensure it is not over used.  

3. I did not have high tech childhood. The best I had, I guess is the transistor radio. I did have an electric typewriter. I enjoyed both.

1.  If I could live in another country for a year, I would choose France or Italy.  I'd love to explore, learn to speak the language and enjoy the food.  Thank you for the chance to win a prize.

Well there was not much technology to the public when i was growing up. Computers were huge and for large companies.  We did have record players, t.v., 8 tracks, cassets, rotary/party line phones.  quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

3. I grew up on a dairy farm and had a tv and radio. I think the most "high tech" thing on the farm was the way we milked the cows. Haha! We felt like kings when we got a new, big huge tube, computer and could print out school projects after that. This was around 1990. We still don't buy into having too much technology in our lives. It seems to want to break way more than non-technological items. :) 

I’m thankful that there were no iPhones when I was raising my children. An author I follow recently commented that she was looking at her phone when when she suddenly looked and her baby was giving her the most adorable smile. She wondered how many more beautiful smiles she had already missed because she was so engrossed in looking at her phone.

my dad laughingly called my brother and me his TV remote control. Any time he wanted the channel changed one of us would have to get up and change it. But we only had two channels on our TV way back then.

Growing up we had a radio and a black and white TV, the only one in the neighborhood. Sundays afternoon in the winter, the neighbors would come over and the adults would watch TV.  Our school got a computer my senior year, it sat in the corner of a room and there were not classes on how to use it.

My childhood was pretty low tech. We didn't even have a TV until I was 8 years old and then it was black and white. We did have all the kitchen and laundry gadgets of the 50s and of course a telephone. My grandparents on both sides still had outhouses altho they had indoor plumbing as well. It was rumored that one day we would be able to see people we were talking to on the phone...imagine that!

3. How high-tech was your childhood? What technologies existed in your youth, and what role did they play in your life?

There was not a lot of technology available in my youth, but what there was, was amazing at the time!

Our family had a black-and-white TV for half of my growing up years, and then got a color TV that a family member was getting rid of. My parents bought me a hand-held transistor AM radio when I was fairly young, and, later, a 5 1/2" reel-to-reel tape recorder. In my senior year of college, they bought me a combination AM/FM radio and cassette player/recorder.

I used a manual typewriter in high school and college, and got a slide rule part-way through college. The first pocket scientific calculator I ever saw was an HP-35 that another student brought into a classroom in college. They were priced at $395 and had LEDs, not LCDs.

Oh, and no cell phones! Landline telephones, with rotary dials!

I'd love to live in Israel. I'd learn Hebrew and more about their culture.

I have lived in Canada, Singapore and Malaysia.  I would go back and live in Singapore again. It is a beautiful, clean and safe country.  

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service