Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

GIVING AWAY AMPLIFIED BIBLE DRAWING STARTS MAY 21st

ABOUT BIBLE: Amplified Study Bible, purple, indexed - Retail 69.99

Grasp the full meaning behind the original Greek and Hebrew texts with the first-of-its-kind Amplified Study Bible, featuring verse by verse study notes and the text of the newly revised Amplified translation.

More than 5000 concise study notes provide helpful, practical, application-oriented comments on passages of Scripture and open the Word for readers to apply it to life.

MUST ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED IN DRAWING

1. What features do you look for in a bible?

2. Have you read the Amplified Bible? If so what do you like about it? If not what do you find interesting about this bible?

3. What kind of binding do you like best in a bible?

CONGRATS TO NAME DRAWN BELOW

ADRIANN HARRIS

I have send your contact information to the publisher. THANKS to everyone that participated. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Happy Summer!

Views: 214

Replies to This Discussion

2. Have you read the Amplified Bible? If so what do you like about it? If not what do you find interesting about this bible?

I have enjoyed the Amplified Bible ever since purchasing The Layman's Parallel New Testament MANY years back that included the Amplified New Testament. I appreciate the shades of meaning it brings out in the words that are amplified. Also, though not related to the amplification, I like that the translators/editors chose to capitalize pronouns referring to deity. And, as one brought up on the King James Version, I appreciate that the translators chose not to remove as many "doubtful" verses (that I expect to find there) as do some other modern translations.

I like good notes in my Bible. As I'm aging, I learning about the value of words that are bigger than a size 10 font. I don't have an Amplified Bible. I have been using the NIV Study Bible since 2002. Binding. This question can only come from a person who makes books. You don't hear that question often, do you? I am not knowledgeable about binding, but is flexible an acceptable answer? If I'm looking up a scripture and I'm cross referencing another book, I like my Bible to stay open, not have the pages start to flip on me.

What features do you look for in a bible?

I am disabled and currently recovering from my third battle with cancer.   My prognosis is not good this time as my third cancer diagnosis was breast cancer which didn’t respond to chemo.  I elected to have a bilateral mastectomy and put myself in God’s hands.  Due to my spinal disability I am in pain every day sometimes excruciating.  I have been reading my Bible that I have owned for 50 years, and even though I studied Latin in grade school I find my current Bible hard to understand.  I would so like a Bible that would give me meaning to God’s word to bring me closer to him.

Glad you are here. Thank you for sharing Adriann. I'm sorry to hear all you've gone through. Praying for you.

I love the look and feel of a leather or leather-like bound Bible. They stand up well to use, and I like how they lay flat and stay open.

I liked that too!

2. I have not read the Amplified Bible, but what I find most interesting about it are the study notes. It will be helpful to get not only context from the original languages, but also help in digging deeper into the Word.

Question 1: I like a Bible that has a lot of study notes and explanations/references. 

I look for accuracy compared to other Bible translations and easy of understanding by using modern vernacular. I've browsed through an Amplified Bible and read excerpts from one in devotionals, but never owned an Amplified Bible. As for binding, I'm never too particular about that. 

CONGRATS TO NAME DRAWN BELOW

ADRIANN HARRIS

I have send your contact information to the publisher. THANKS to everyone that participated. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Happy Summer!

Thank you so much. I am humbled to receive such a wonderful Bible 

Congratulations!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service