APRIL DRAWING STARTS  APRIL 21st

BOOK BLURB:

Black, Bonded Leather, retail $29.95

This edition contains over 95,000 center-column cross-references to enrich your reading. Its Smyth sewn binding adds durability for frequent use. It also includes a concordance, maps, Presentation Page, Family Record Page and is in paragraph format with the words of Jesus in red letter.

The NASB is a smooth reading literal English Bible translation, which provides increased clarity and readability for greater understanding while maintaining superior accuracy to the original Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts. Trust, discover, and grow in your faith with the NASB today. The NASB Ultrathin Reference Bible offers a comfortable sized text in paragraph format for a convenient size Bible to carry and keep on hand.

MUST ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED

1. What aspects about your bible do you like?

2. When did you receive and/or buy your first bible? 

3. What are your favorite translations? Why is it your favorite?

NAME DRAWN

CONGRATS 

AMANDA ELIZABETH GEANEY

I have sent your mailing address to the publisher

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com
Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 212

Replies to This Discussion

I came to saving faith when I was 26 years old. At that time, I bought an NIV Life Application from Walmart. I relied heavily on those notes when I first began to read the Bible for myself. I'm 40 now and that old Bible is well worn and still on my shelves, replaced by a journaling bible I use for my daily reading with my daughter. I like the margins because I use them to record notes and things we discuss from year to year.

In October, I moved to a Reformed church. The pastor preaches exclusively from the NASB translation and I've been shopping for one of my own. 

I received my first Bible in 1977. It is the NIV Bible.

I have a parallel Bible and really likes being able to look back and forth between two translations.

What I like about my Bible is that it is a study Bible with a lot of references. Please enter me in the drawing.

Thanks

I received my first bible when I was confirmed.  It was the King James translation.  Now I have many translations.  I love to read and compare the different translations. 

Thank you for entering me in this drawing!

I was born into a Christian family so I’m sure my first Bible was given to me as a child. For study purposes I like the NIV or the NASB. for just reading, sometimes I like The Living Bible or The Message. 

3. What are your favorite translations? Why is it your favorite?

I grew up using the King James translation, and I still consider it to be my favorite. My second favorite is the NASB, which I used in most of my college years and still use from time to time. I like both of these translations as they tend to be literal translations. For a similar reason, I also like the NKJV, the ESV, and even the old ASV.

#1-3...My favorite translation of the Bible is King James.  When I became a follower of Christ at age 16 I learned verses from the KJV.  Later years I bought a NIV Bible (which has become another favorite version) and have used that almost exclusively since but still refer to the KJV as I like the way the words flow and speak to me.

The NASB is a "new" version for me in recent years but I have not used it except for online as I don't have a copy. The church I attend uses the NASB so I am becoming a little more used to that version.  Still, the KJV is my favorite version.

Blessings, Tina

#3  Favorite translation. . .I change between several.  ESV, The Message, and NASB.  The NASB is one I enjoy.  I have not read it in awhile. . I had an old paperback copy someone gave me.  I find it a refreshing translation. 

Thanks for the chance,

Becky 

My favorite translation is the NASB. I have one that is almost in tatters. It's also highlighted, written in, and very well-loved.
Thanks!

I received my first Bible in my early 30's from a friend. It was the version the 700 Club was advocating at the time. I now use the NIV.

2. I was 7 yrs old and in the hospital for almost a month with a near fatal disease. One of my dearest uncles brought me a white Bible. That was my very first one. I’m 63 yrs old and still have it today, I’ll always treasure it.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Another Important Poll

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service