LAST DAY TO ENTER

SEPT 30th

BACK COVER: A woman with a devastating secret. A man bent on proving his worth. A chance encounter that catapults them into the heart of history.

When the daughter of a prominent Roman general meets a disinherited Jewish immigrant, neither one can dream of God’s plan to transform them into the most influential couple of the early church. Nor can they anticipate the mountains that will threaten to bury them. Their courtship unwittingly shadowed by murder and betrayal, Priscilla and Aquila slowly work to build a community of believers, while their lives grow increasingly complicated thanks to a shaggy dog, a mysterious runaway, and a ruthless foe desperate for love. But when they’re banished from their home by a capricious emperor, they must join forces with an unusual rabbi named Paul and fight to turn treachery into redemption.

About Author: Tessa Afshar is an award-winning author of historical and biblical fiction. Her novel Land of Silence was voted by Library Journal as one of top five Christian fiction titles of 2016 and won the INSPY Award for General Fiction. Harvest of Gold won the prestigious 2014 Christy Award in the Historical Romance category.

Her book Harvest of Rubies was a finalist for the 2013 ECPA Book Award in the fiction category. In 2011, after publishing her first novel, Pearl in the Sand, Tessa was named New Author of the Year in the Family Fiction-sponsored Reader's Choice Awards.

Tessa lived in the Middle East for the first fourteen years of her life. She then moved to England, where she survived boarding school for girls and fell in love with Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte, before moving to the United States. She holds an MDiv from Yale Divinity School, where she served as co-chair of the Evangelical Fellowship. But that has not cured her from being exceptionally fond of chocolate.

Contact Tessa at tessaafshar.com or on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorTessa

MUST ANSWER ONE 

QUESTION TO ENTER

1. Tessa's new novel is about Pricilla and Aquilla to be released in 2020. What do you look forward to gaining in reading this story?

2. What do you enjoy most about reading Biblical Christian Fiction?

3. What do you look forward to, expect out of a book like this?

4. What is your favorite Biblical story? What makes it your favorite?

****PLEASE**** GIVE ME your EMAIL ADDRESS***

I won't be able to contact you if your name is drawn.

LAST DAY to Enter is Sept 30th

The publisher is giving away one copy of this book.

Look forward to hearing from you.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Sincerely,

Nora :o) 

Ad/sponsored publisher

Views: 224

Replies to This Discussion

I enjoy reading biblical Christian fiction because it puts me into the story and I experience it, noticing many more details.

Ruth is my favorite Biblical story because she had the faith to follow Naomi and to follow the instructions she gave her. It’s a wonderful story of Gods providence. Email Rdflamb at ymail dot com

I have come to love Biblical fiction because it brings the Bible to life for me in a different way. It makes it so I can picture that time period better!

mnjesusfreak @ gmail . com

I love Biblical Christian Fiction because it helps me remember the actual biblical story.

I enjoy Biblical fiction because it brings the story to life for me. Even though I know its fiction, I try to imagine what it was like for the characters back in Bible times. And there's only a few authors that write Biblical fiction that I will read and Tessa is one of them. 

Love her books.

Blessings Joy 

I am so excited for this book because I know I can always expect to be uplifted, encouraged, and learn something new from a Tessa Afshar book! <3

godspeculiartreasurerae(at)gmail(dot)com

To Question Number One: As a relatively newbie/aspiring author working on a sequel novel, I look forward to being stretched and enriched in the writer's vocation by a lady who obviously is very talented and knowledgeable in her own calling. I have much to learn about the art of writing, and rendering biblical themes into compelling fiction is quite difficult, as I am discovering. Put simply, I want to better learn to connect right and left brain creativity and analysis, respectively, into a coherent whole from an established master of biblical fiction. And as one holding the D.Min., Ms. Afshar's Yale MDiv adds some "glicken" to the mix!

marniclaus@aol.com

2) I just like the fact that it fleshes the biblical stories out in more detail. Of course we know the whole story isn't told in the Bible, but it gives us an idea of the life and times of these people.

PS. My given name is Priscilla! I go by Patty, but legally I am Priscilla

pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

Question 1 - I've enjoyed all of Tessa's books, so I think I am looking forward to an engaging story that entertains but also conveys spiritual truths!  Thanks for this opportunity! My email is sneezybee23 at yahoo dot com.

4.  Abram (Abraham)....he set the stage for the coming of Christ.  His faith was so great that at the ripe age of 75, he gathered his belongings, his wife Sarah and nephew Lot and blindly left his home to go to a new place that was unknown and unfamiliar to him.  He let God lead him....that is complete trust , obedience and faith.  God made a promise to Abram...which was fulfilled.   Blessings, Kristin

Keithkrisjager(at )aol(dot)com

2. I love reading biblical fiction because I not only get reading enjoyment, I also gain new insights about the Bible. I find myself referring to my Bible as I read these stories.

I like to read biblical fiction to learn more about the culture and setting of the time. I enjoy history especially with a spiritual connection.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service