LAST DAY TO ENTER

SEPT 30th

BACK COVER: A woman with a devastating secret. A man bent on proving his worth. A chance encounter that catapults them into the heart of history.

When the daughter of a prominent Roman general meets a disinherited Jewish immigrant, neither one can dream of God’s plan to transform them into the most influential couple of the early church. Nor can they anticipate the mountains that will threaten to bury them. Their courtship unwittingly shadowed by murder and betrayal, Priscilla and Aquila slowly work to build a community of believers, while their lives grow increasingly complicated thanks to a shaggy dog, a mysterious runaway, and a ruthless foe desperate for love. But when they’re banished from their home by a capricious emperor, they must join forces with an unusual rabbi named Paul and fight to turn treachery into redemption.

About Author: Tessa Afshar is an award-winning author of historical and biblical fiction. Her novel Land of Silence was voted by Library Journal as one of top five Christian fiction titles of 2016 and won the INSPY Award for General Fiction. Harvest of Gold won the prestigious 2014 Christy Award in the Historical Romance category.

Her book Harvest of Rubies was a finalist for the 2013 ECPA Book Award in the fiction category. In 2011, after publishing her first novel, Pearl in the Sand, Tessa was named New Author of the Year in the Family Fiction-sponsored Reader's Choice Awards.

Tessa lived in the Middle East for the first fourteen years of her life. She then moved to England, where she survived boarding school for girls and fell in love with Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte, before moving to the United States. She holds an MDiv from Yale Divinity School, where she served as co-chair of the Evangelical Fellowship. But that has not cured her from being exceptionally fond of chocolate.

Contact Tessa at tessaafshar.com or on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorTessa

MUST ANSWER ONE 

QUESTION TO ENTER

1. Tessa's new novel is about Pricilla and Aquilla to be released in 2020. What do you look forward to gaining in reading this story?

2. What do you enjoy most about reading Biblical Christian Fiction?

3. What do you look forward to, expect out of a book like this?

4. What is your favorite Biblical story? What makes it your favorite?

****PLEASE**** GIVE ME your EMAIL ADDRESS***

I won't be able to contact you if your name is drawn.

LAST DAY to Enter is Sept 30th

The publisher is giving away one copy of this book.

Look forward to hearing from you.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Sincerely,

Nora :o) 

Ad/sponsored publisher

Views: 226

Replies to This Discussion

4. What is your favorite Biblical story? What makes it your favorite?

Right now it's the story about Esau, how Esau didn't care about his birthright enough that he gave it away and later his brother stole his blessing by pretending to be Esau. To me, it reminds me how we all fall short of the glory of God but he is still a forever loving father to us.

My email is sluche01athotmaildotcom

I don’t know a whole lot about Priscilla and Aquila so looking forward to learning about them through the author’s beautifully crafted words. 

mindyhoung AT msn DOT com

2. What I enjoy most about Biblical fiction is learning. Tessa Afshar puts a lot of work into her research and it shows in her books. :) I also enjoy that I don't have to worry about anything being inappropriate.

#2 Biblical fiction expands my understanding.

#4 I love King David's story of how he worshiped in the field while watching the flock. He is a wonderful example of how we are to have a personal relationship with the Lord.

psalm103and138atgmaildotcom

I love the story of the woman who touched the hem of Jesus' garment and was healed. Her courage despite her desperation.

anne at rightler dot com

2. I think I enjoy the most about these kind of books is that the author gives detailed accounts according to research on the biblical times.  I love the idea that I can learn a bit more about the people and how they would live. They may be fictional stories in historical times, but they bring me closer to God knowing that He works in our lives when we allow him.

quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

1.  I love how good Biblical fiction fills in the historical/social setting of the time and place.  We may already know the Bible story and characters but the author fills in so many details, making characters and times and circumstances come alive. rwendt001@centurytel.net

I have always been interested in Priscilla and Aquila’s story.  They are an example to us from Scripture as they both practically and boldly lived their life as believers, and supporting those in ministry.  I’m looking forward to reading Tessa’s view of them.

The thing that I enjoy the most about reading Biblical Christian fiction is that it helps me remember the actual story and the details better.
One of my favorites stories is the Bleeding Woman. I loved how God validated her suffering and faith and restored his relationship with her. He wanted her to know that in this crowd she mattered.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service