GIVEAWAY

LAST DAY ENTER

NOVEMBER 30th

BACK COVER: The prophet Nehemiah's cousin can speak numerous languages, keep complex accounts, write on rolls of parchment and tablets of clay, and solve great mysteries. There is only one problem: she's a woman in a man's court.

In her early childhood years, Sarah experienced the death of her mother and her father's subsequent emotional distance, and she came to two conclusions: God does not care about me, and my accomplishments are the measure of my worth.

Catapulted into the center of the Persian court, Sarah is working too many hours, rubbing elbows with royalty, and solving intrigues for the Queen. Ironically, it isn't failure—but success—that causes Sarah to lose her only source of external validation.

Sarah soon learns that she has something of worth to offer beyond her ability with languages and sums; her very being 

proves to be a blessing to others, particularly the aristocrat Darius, whom she is given to in marriage.

Sarah and Darius' story continues in Harvest of Gold. Darius may be able to learn to love his wife, but can he ever learn to trust Sarah and her Lord?

ABOUT AUTHOR: Tessa Afshar is an award-winning author of historical and biblical fiction. Her novel Land of Silence was voted by Library Journal as one of top five Christian fiction titles of 2016 and won the INSPY Award for General Fiction. Harvest of Gold won the prestigious 2014 Christy Award in the Historical Romance category. Her book Harvest of Rubies was a finalist for the 2013 ECPA Book Award in the fiction category. In 2011, after publishing her first novel, Pearl in the Sand, Tessa was named New Author of the Year in the FamilyFiction-sponsored Reader's Choice Awards. Tessa lived in the Middle East for the first fourteen years of her life. She then moved to England, where she survived boarding school for girls and fell in love with Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte, before moving to the United States. She holds an MDiv from Yale Divinity School, where she served as co-chair of the Evangelical Fellowship. But that has not cured her from being exceptionally fond of chocolate. Contact Tessa at tessaafshar.com or on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorTessaAfshar/

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

ENTER DRAWING

1.  What do you look forward to when you select a biblical fiction story to read?

2. What has surprised you about reading biblical fiction stories?

3. What do you look out for when you do purchase a biblical fiction story to read? 

If you have any questions please contact me at nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Thanks for helping make TBCN the book fun place to be!

Nora :o)

Author sponsored Ad

Views: 112

Replies to This Discussion

I love to read books about people who are in the Bible.  It brings the Bible alive.  But it must be biblically sound.

1) I love to see stories in the bible fleshed out more! I know the authors have to add stuff to make a whole story, but it helps me get a better understanding of biblical times.

I love the way biblical fiction brings the scriptures to life and makes it easier to picture the lifestyle of the time period. 

I look forward to rediscovering some of my favorite accounts in a new light and with details that really bring it to light!
I love this genre because it helps me to understand my Bible reading so much better. I look forward to gaining knowledge of Biblical times and customs. I must admit that I first choose books about my favorite Bible characters but I love to read any novels based on the Bible. I love Tessa's books. Thanks so much for the chance to win a copy!

(1) authors I trust

moma3homeschool(AT)gmail(DOT)com

#1  I love reading biblical fiction because the books can really bring to life what it was like to live in biblical time. 

Most book are really well researched and full of little details about day to day life that I never even thought about.  :)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service