I had the honor of meeting this special young lady at a conference a few years back.

At the time she was promoting her book In the Field of Grace. 

The biblical insight into these stories is astounding. For example I was deeply moved and astounded by her book The Land of Silence.

This book gives you an up-close and very personal look at the woman with the issue of blood. Tessa explains in the beginning about her research. Little is know about this women but much is known about how they handled issues of blood (women's issues) Grin!

This woman is a brilliant storyteller and has a way of  masterfully weaving biblical truths in these stories in a non-preachy way. But one that has you walk in these characters shoes. It's profound.

I'm excited to set up this page for Tessa as she gets ready to release a new novel about Priscilla and Aquilla. In February of 2020.

We will have drawings here and more information about how to be part of Tessa's Street team for her new novel.

I'm excited to be part of the birthing process of her next book. I know you will be too!

Nora :o

LEARN MORE ABOUT TESSA'S BOOKS AT HER WEBSITE https://tessaafshar.com/

TELL ME SOMETHING PLEASE

1. Have you read any of Tessa's books? If so, which ones?

2. If you've read more than one of Tessa's books; tell me which one was your favorite. Why?

3. Have any of you been part of a street team before? If so, what was required of you?

THANKS for helping TBCN The Book Fun Place To Be

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora :o)

TBCN Where Book Fun Begins!

AD/Author sponsored page

Views: 896

Replies to This Discussion

Yes I read and reviewed Land of Silence. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1418565299

Ive been on numerous street teams where I post reviews on multiple sites. Make my profile picture on Facebook and promote any way I can.

I've read two of her books, and have two more on my Kindle to get to when I can. Pearl in the Sand and In the Field of Grace both made their respective Bible stories LIVE for me. Please don't make me choose a favorite between these two! I read them far enough apart that I don't remember if I would have liked one over the other, or not. (I do know that I listened to the audio version of Pearl in the Sand, and the narrator was wonderful.) Ms. Afshar's books are a "Must Purchase" item for the church library, and they are always some of the first to fly off the shelf when they come in. I would be honored to be a part of her street team!

Hi! My name is Michelle.

1. I think I have actually read all of Mrs. Afshar’s novels and loved all of them!
2. My favorite is probably Land of Silence. I love how she was able to take such a small part of Jesus’ life and make it into a beautiful story of redemption.
3. I have been part of a book launch team for Connilyn Cossette’s book Shelter of the Most High. Our tasks were to share reviews of the book on book sellers websites and book review sites and also share the book on our social media platforms.

I can’t wait to read Mrs. Afshar’s new book! I’m sure it will be just as wonderful as her others!

1. Have you read any of Tessa's books? If so, which ones? - Tessa is a new author to me.  I enjoy historical fiction, so Daughter of Rome sounds right up my alley!

2. If you've read more than one of Tessa's books; tell me which one was your favorite. Why? - I haven't read any of Tessa's books, although I expect that to change in the not-too-distant future.

3. Have any of you been part of a street team before? If so, what was required of you? - I've been on several street teams.  Requirements vary by team, but usually involve sharing on social media (Twitter/Instagram/Facebook), writing reviews on retail sites, and/or writing reviews in a blog post.

It would be easier to answer "what haven't I read?".  Loved The Harvest of Rubies series and In The Field of Grace.  I totally loved the characters in the Harvest of Rubies and wanted to see more, more, more!  I have been part of a street crew before.  I was required to read the book and give my honest opinion.  I posted that opinion on Goodreads and Amazon.  I shared with them that I had been provided the book from the publisher for my honest opinion.  

#1 and #2 I've read all of Tessa's books. Its really hard to pick just one I've enjoyed them all. If I had to pick one maybe pearl in the sand? Or Land of silence or maybe both Harvest book... Lol sorry can't pick just one.  :)

I have read Land of Silence and loved it!

I have been on street teams before.  I read and reviewed the book on several retail sites, posted provided graphics to Facebook, requested books at local library, talked to friends about it.

I have read Bread of Angel's, In the Field of Grace, Land of Silence. It is hard to pick my favorite but I think Land of Silence because I too have felt unclean and one touch from Him set me free.
I have been on several street teams and posting reviews, tweeting, posting on Instagram, sharing on Facebook, asking my local bookstore and library to purchase the book, adding a copy to the church library and sharing with friends

I have read one, a while ago, I forgot the totle :( 

I read The Land of Silence. I read a lot of books. Not too many stick with me like this one did. Forgiveness - how powerful and healing it can be! I've been on several street teams. You read and review the book on as many sites as possible, share posts and sales on social media, do word of mouth promotion, request it from your library and local bookstores and anything else you can do to help spread the word and get the author noticed. I love being on street teams! I look forward to being part of this group. Thanks for the invitation! 

I tried emailing, but wanted to post here to just in case - I would absolutely LOVE to be apart of Tessa Afshar's street team!!! She is my favorite author. I have read all of her books more than once, and they are all so beautiful, and each one has touched my heart. Picking a favorite is so hard....possibly Pearl in the Sand because of its message - so amazing!! I love all of them though. :) I have been apart of several street teams - of course reviewing, I've made and shared graphics, posted on social media about the book, shared photos of the book, and of course shared via word of mouth. I love Tessa's books!!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service