Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

CONTEST STARTS SEPT 20th - LOOK FOR LINK THEN

CLICK ON PICTURE FOR BOOK DESCRIPTION

ALSO INCLUDED IN THE GIVEAWAY IS THIS GIFT BASKET

ABOUT AUTHOR: Harry Kraus, M.D.
is a board-certified surgeon, medical missionary to East Africa, and accomplished writer of both non-fiction and fiction. Medical realism and gripping plotlines distinguish his writing, as he gets most of his ideas with a scalpel in hand. Dr. Kraus resides in Kenya with his wife Kris and the youngest of his three sons.

ABOUT BOOK:When a brilliant surgeon undergoes a heart transplant, her life transforms as she begins experiencing memories of a murder she never witnessed.

The residents worship her. Nurses step out of her way. Her colleagues respect and sometimes even fear her. But surgeon Tori Taylor never expected to end up on this side of the operating table.

Now she has a new heart. This life that was formerly controlled and predictable is now chaotic. Dr. Taylor had famously protected herself from love or commitment, but her walls are beginning to crumble.

And strangest of all, memories surface that will take her on a journey out of the operating room and into a murder investigation.

Where there once was a heart of stone, there is a heart of flesh. And there is no going back.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING.

1. Have you read any of Harry Kraus's books before? If so, which one affected you the most? 

2. New to Harry Kraus's books? What fascinates you and/or you find interesting about the cover? Topic?

3. Harry Kraus is a surgeon who lives with his family in Africa and works under less than favorable conditions he weaves his medical experience into the books he writes, it's fascinating. My questions to you are

a. What do you look forward to when you read a book like this? What do you hope to take away from this story? What do you hope to experience?

b. Have any of you been to Africa? If so, what surprised you? How did God touch you there?

c. Have any of you desired to go to Africa? If so why?

********DISCLAIMER:Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the enterer in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway is an author sponsored event and open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is sponsored by the author and is in no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UPDATE YOUR PROFILE to include your name and address - If we haven't heard from you about updating your profile. another nane will be picked. If your info is all CORRECT - DO NOTHING - YOU ARE ALL SET!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING SEPT 25th.

Views: 942

Replies to This Discussion

I've never read any of his books before, but I like medical 'thrillers'.  

I hope to take away from this book, a little knowledge of medical procedures, and I hope to experience a 'Godly' story that will make me feel good.

I have a priest friend from Cameroon., which I believe is one of the poorer, less developed nations in Africa. He's told me that many parents are so poor that they abandon their children because they can't afford to feed them. This leaves many children vulnerable to slave traders. This breaks my heart. It makes me want to help, but not necessarily go there. I believe other nations on the continent are a little more developed. I don't know where this book is set, but the fact that the author actually works there makes me want to read it. I'd like to hear more about conditions there -- and I think the premise is fascinating!

3a.  I would guess a surgeon uses different parts of his brain to write than me.  I want to hear his take on life through medical eyes.

b.  I spent 3 months in Egypt as a college student.  Africa is a fascinating place with deep traditions.  The Lord met me there as I met His people at work and living there.

c.  I am planning a trip to Uganda in 2014 with our church mission team.  This will be a second trip for some; they were filled to overflowing as they saw the face of God in the faces of the children there.

I have never read of Harry Kraus' books before.  I love mystery stories and trying to solve them before the murderer is revealed.

Question 1: The cover is fascinating because of the sense of time progression & action which is evoked as the eye progresses from picture to picture. Each photo sparks questions and pulls the observer to a closer look, creating questions about the content of the story.

Question 3c: I'd love to go to Africa! I've invested hours of research into several of the African countries, have had friends in several of the countries as missionaries, and sponsor a child in Kenya through Compassion International.

Best wishes on your book, Harry!

I have never read one of his books but the cover does look fascinating because I am a nurse .  The cover shows a couple holdong hands, so maybe a romance.  I can't tell what is at the bottom, maybe a fire, so mystery.  OK now I am intriqued and after viewing the video, I want to read the book.   Thanks for sharing.

2. I'm new to Harry's books, but this one looks super interesting! I love mysteries, and I'm intrigued by the topic of a Doctor getting a heart transplant and then dreaming about a murder she never witnessed! I like the part of the cover with the woman wearing a mask, and scrubs. Very interesting. :)

No I have not read one of DR Kraus's books yet, but I would love to and be able to introduce them to my local community library.

What interests me the most about the books is that they are a medical thriller.  

I would love to read his  books.  I live in a small town and our library does not carry a lot of Christian fiction.  A story in Africa sounds interesting.  I have an almost relative living in Africa.  I would love to read more about this fascinating country.

I have not read any of Dr. Kraus's books, but I am really looking forward to the opportunity! It looks like a very interesting story!

Nora and Harry,

Another wonderful give-away! Nora - you and Fred continue to be in our prayers!

2. New to Harry Kraus's books? What fascinates you and/or you find interesting about the cover? Topic?

I've never read any of your books before, Harry, but I was very drawn to this one. I loved the old movie Return To Me where a transplanted heart "finds it's way home" - that's what caught my attention here. There is something spiritual about the organ, and the fact that we have been gifted with the knowledge enabling us to keep a heart alive after the body dies is nothing short of miraculous. But to be able to give it to someone else and-literally-instill life in that new body... Wow! With your book, I also am intrigued by the element of mystery - and the change of heart that is both physical AND spiritual. Looking forward to reading it.

I would love a copy of this book - thank you for your generosity!

Blessings,

Becky Doughty

#2.  No, I have not ever read one of Dr. Kraus' books. I have been wanting to read one for awhile.  I find that very often doctors are excellent authors and write from a plethora of experience.  I really would like to be the winner of this book.

#3.  Africa?  No desire to go there.  But thankfully there are many who have that desire and work as medical missionaries. :)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service