Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

CLICK BOOK COVER FOR DESCRIPTION 

ABOUT BOOK:Romantic in every season of the calendar, charming Cedarburg, Wisconsin, works its magic on everyone. . .from free-spirited forty-something Willow, who meets her opposite; to twenty-five-year-old musician Francesca, who’s working with a man who sings off-key; and from silver-haired Claire, who gets surprised by a long-ago love; to thirty-something Beth, a shop owner who really doesn’t have time for a relationship. And be forewarned: you may leave your heart in Cedarburg, too!

ABOUT AUTHOR: Cynthia Ruchti Taking multi-tasking to new heights (or depths, depending on your perspective), Cynthia Ruchti  writes and produces a daily radio broadcast called THE HEARTBEAT OF THE HOME, edits and writes for the radio ministry magazine Backyard Friends, writes devotionals for TheChristianPulse.com, is past president of the 2,500-member American Christian Fiction Writers, and in 2010 saw the release of her debut novel--They Almost Always Come Home by Abingdon Press (a Carol Award finalist)--and a Christmas collection novella, "The Heart's Harbor"in A Door County Christmas, a Family Fiction Reader's Choice, by Barbour Publishing. His Grace is Sufficient...Decaf is Not, released Nov 1, 2011. Another novella collection--Cedar Creek Seasons (Barbour) releases in spring of 2012

ABOUT AUTHOR: Becky Melby has been married to Bill, her high school sweetheart, for forty years. They have four married sons and twelve grandchildren. Becky has co-authored nine books for Heartsong Presents and has had stories in two novella collections. Her Lost Sanctuary Series—three contemporary stories each with a historical thread—releases in 2012, as well as Contest of Wills, a novella in Cedar Creek Seasons. Becky’s favorite pastimes are spoiling grandkids and taking trips with Bill in their RV or on their Honda Gold Wing. To find out more about Becky visit www.beckymelby.com.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Eileen Key retired after teaching school for thirty years. She is a freelance writer and editor, with two mysteries and three novellas published. Mother of three, grandmother of three, Eileen resides in San Antonio, Texas, where she is an active member of Grace Community Church.

ABOUT AUTHOR: RACHEL PHILLIPS, once a church choir director, owes her unplanned writing career to an omnipotent church secretary who laid down the law: each staff member had to contribute a monthly article to the newsletter. Others considered this dictate a punishment from God. But Rachael enjoying writing, and soon she was contributing columns to a local newspaper. 

Rachael has been nominated as a finalist in the American Christian Fiction Writers Carol Awards competition with her first fiction, a novella called Ride with Me into Christmas (in A Door County Christmas, Barbour Publishing, 2010). Her second novella, Pirate of my Heart (in A Quaker Christmas, Barbour) will appear in September 2011, and a third, In Tune with You (in Cedar Creek Seasons, Barbour) will be released the spring of 2012. She also co-authored a Barbour reference book, Women of the Bible (2011).

Rachael is active in the music ministry and women's ministries of her church, Upland Community Church. She and her husband Steve, a small-town physician and adjunct professor at Taylor University (Upland, Indiana), have been married thirty-six years. They have three grown children and five perfect grandchildren. Rachael and Steve enjoy watching sports, talking theology, and riding their tandem bicycle throughout the picturesque Indiana countryside.  

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. IContest of Wills, Willow Miles celebrates her 40th birthday by taking part in the Polar Bear Dip--a New Year's Day jump into Lake Michigan wearing a bathing suit and cap from the Roaring Twenties. What's the most outrageous/unexpected thing you've ever done?

2. For Valentine's Day, Wilson Woodhaus, the reserved artist hero in Contest of Wills, sends Willow a massive chocolate-and-caramel-covered apple. What food says "I love you" to you?

3. Questions for Silvery Summer in Cedar Creek Seasons novella;

Have you ever reconnected to someone you knew when you were much younger? What was the most surprising thing about how much that person (or you) had changed?
4. Silvery Summer has a unique "allergy event." While allergies are no fun, have you had a funny "allergy event?"

Here are a couple for Cynthia Ruchti’s Maybe Us:

5. Beth Schurmer's grandfather's storytelling figures prominently in Beth's own life story. What storyteller in your life has had a significant impact on your sanity, your sense of humor, or your sense of "home"?

6. Cedarburg's famed covered bridge shows up in each of the four stories of Cedar Creek Seasons. It's a place to think, to connect, to refocus, to discover or rediscover the romantic side of life. If you have a favorite restaurant, park, shoreline, or sunset spot that serves as a similar location for you, tell us about it.

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING OCTOBER 30th *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN first week of NOVEMBER.

Views: 1597

Replies to This Discussion

What a blessing that you've been waiting for this giveaway! We've been waiting too!

Do you have a Cheesecake Factory near you, Amada? They have Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake! The very best of two yummy worlds!

This novella sounds great. 

I'm not sure I'd be able to do that Polar Bear dip, unless I happen to be having one of my hot flashes at the time. I've never done anything really daring, but I've been known to put my head in the freezer on occasion. :)

Please enter me and God bless.

Ha! Hot flashes will make you run for the cold water!

Hi, Chaplain Debbie,

Thanks for the hot flash tip!  I haven't tried the head-in-the-freezer approach, but there have been plenty of times I would have loved it :-)

Chaplain Debbie, I'm not sure there's a better answer to a hot flash than an open freezer. Helps when the air conditioning goes out, too. Just a little stint in the freezer and I can make it another few minutes.

If only we could make those power surges turn on at will. They we'd all be up for a New Year's Day plunge into frigid water! God bless you too!

Jelly Belly jellybeans are my "I love you" treat.

Thanks for stopping by, Melinda. Do you have a favorite jellybean flavor?

Great minds, Rachael. I asked the same thing.

2. Chocolate - chocolate cheesecake is good, too.

For my husband, a steak dinner - steak, baked potato, green veggie, salad, dessert.

Hey, Carol, all of the above work for me :-)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service