ABOUT AUTHOR: Mary Ellis grew up close to an Amish settlement where she loved their peaceful agrarian lifestyle and strong sense of Christian community. She and her husband live by the largest population of Amish in the country where they take weekend trips to research her books. Mary enjoys reading, traveling, gardening, bicycling and swimming. Before “retiring” to write full-time, Mary taught Middle School and worked as a sales rep for Hershey Chocolate—a job with amazingly sweet fringe benefits. All three in her Miller Family series made the Christian bestseller lists. A Widow’s Hope was a finalist in the 2010 ACFW Carol Awards and received the Award of Merit for the Holt Medallion. Her current release is An Amish Family Reunion. Mary can be found on the web at:

w.maryellis.net

www.maryeellis.wordpress.com

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mary-Ellis/126995058236

AN AMISH FAMILY REUNION

By MARY ELLIS

Publication Date: February 1, 2012

During a rumschpringe visit to Niagara Falls, Phoebe Miller meets Eli Riehl, a young man who charms her—and everyone else—with his exceptional storytelling ability. When Phoebe sketches scenes to illustrate one of his tales, Eli encourages her incredible talent, and together they embark on a lofty and unlikely business venture for two young Amish people—writing and illustrating a children’s book.

Eli’s kindness and appeal extend beyond his knack for words to reach inside Phoebe’s heart. But he is an only son with five sisters, and when his father suffers a heart attack, Eli gives up his writing to assume responsibility on the farm. Though willing to abandon his dream of becoming an author, he won’t give up his beloved Phoebe.

Can their love for a good story develop into something that lasts forever, or will Phoebe’s deep-seated fear of desertion stand in their way?

MANDATORY - PLEASE ANSWER MARY'S QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING.
My questions for readers and book groups is: 

What's the funniest or strangest thing that has happened at your family reunion?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the enterer in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway is an author sponsored event and open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is sponsored by the author and is in no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winner will have 3 days to respond to email with your name and address - If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING MARCH 22nd****

WINNERS Below

Daphne Michelle Webb

Darby Lohrding

Audry Grant

Megan Scott

Janet Ruth

Views: 678

Replies to This Discussion

This is a hard question for me to answer as I have only been to one family renuion and that was when I was very little and the only thing I remember about it was I wet my pants in the car. Not a fun memory.

Thank you for the chance to win. griperang at embarqmail dot com

who  hasn't wet their pants in their lifetime? perhaps you can start the family reunion tradition, and forge new (and happier!) memories. thanks for sharing that.

Funny Mary!

I have never been to a family reunion.   Some members of the family do get together at Garner State Park and it's loads of fun. But, it's not a reunion with many extended members of the family.  I wish I knew people from my Dad's side; but, I know nothing much beyond Dad's dad -- I have no clue to if his Dad had siblings, where they came from, etc., & etc.  It'd be nice to know that history.  Anyway, I'm sure a family reunion is very interesting.

well your get-together at Garner State Park is a reunion, in my book. they don't all have to include every extended member of the family. perhaps each year you can invite a few extra people, if the shelter house can hold more. thanks for posting.

Good ideas!

Our family reunion's are pretty boring except when people get to arguing. Thats my que to leave.

Cindy Flynn

cindyflynn2001@aol.com

Can't blame you there, Cindy. At times when families aren't getting along, (and that happens in every family) you can always skip a year or two.

I've only been to one official family reunion, but it seems like when there's a funeral there's always the atmosphere of a reunion. A few years ago one of my mother's first cousins died and one of the youngercousins, probably a 5th cousin, hit on my daughter and she totally freaked out! She thought that was the grossest thing. It didn't help any that he was totally nerdy looking, wearing plaid shorts, white crew socks and black dress shoes :) We still get a hoot out of that!

I can picture this cousin, and it's not a pleasant image to carry around. thanks for the laugh.

I've never been to an official family reunion. I've been to gatherings that have family in the local area, and silly things happen especially when kids are around.

Expect the unexpected, that's what I always say. (and always pack back-up clothes!) best regards....

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service