GIVEAWAY 

DRAWING BEGINS

MARCH 20th

BOOK BLURB: Samara lives a life filled with fear. After being discarded and beaten by her drug dealing boyfriend, she takes one easy out after another. Her choices lead her down the road of self-destruction, into the degrading world of stripping and a life spent looking over her shoulder. Until an encounter with a stranger on a Kings Cross Street provides the catalyst for a life changing event that leads her back home. She is forced to face the mess she left behind, the disappointment of her father, and the memories of the man who broke her heart. What will she do when danger follows her to paradise? From the bright lights of Sydney to the blue waters of Resolution Island, Beyond Resolution is a story that provides a window into the joy of forgiveness, trust and peace.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Rose Dee, who holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree, was born in North Queensland, Australia. Her childhood experiences growing up in a small beach community would later provide inspiration for her first novel, Back to Resolution. Beyond Resolution and A New Resolution are the second and third books in the Resolution series. 

Back to Resolution won the Bookseller’s Choice award at the 2012 CALEB Awards, while A New Resolution won the 2013 CALEB Prize for Fiction. She has also released The Greenfield Legacy, a collaborative novel, written in conjunction with three other outstanding Australian authors, and has recently released the standalone novel, Ehvah After. 

Her novels are inspired by the love of her coastal home and desire to produce exciting and contemporary stories of faith for women. Rose resides in Mackay, North Queensland with her husband and son.

MUST ANSWER ONE

QUESTION TO BE ENTERED

1. Character Samara deals with by making fear driven choices.  How do you deal with fear/anxiety? 

2. What scripture verses help you most in combating fear and not have it pluralize you?

One of my favorites is "God has not given me a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind. 1 Tim 1:7 and Psalm 118:6-7 The Lord is with me, I will not be afraid.

3. Is there a song that you love to play that helps you in dealing with fear/anxiety? Do tell!

4. Favorite book that has helped you deal with these matters?

MAKE ANOTHER ENTRY

AND

READ an Inspiring Article from this author HEAD TO TBCN BLOG

CLICK LINK BELOW

https://www.blogger.com/u/1/blogger.g?blogID=6979453812706020935#ed... 

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com
Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 58

Replies to This Discussion

I have found the best way to deal with fear/anxiety is to ask Jesus to help me.  If you ask, you will feal His peace flood your soul.  And not only that, whatever the issue is - He will help you by showing you the path you should take to take care of whatever is bothering you!

Debra, I've come to understand that you must 'Ask' to receive, so your reply really resonates with me. I recently had a conversation with my 13-year-old son, Tully about his need to ask - not expect, or demand, or assume, but to ASK, humbly and with faith. I agree with you -  the Lord will always take care of His own. 

Thank you for sharing this with us. 

xoxo Rose. 

Isaiah 41:10 is a 'go-to' verse for me for dealing w/ fear and anxiety. ‘Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

And also the reminder in Phil 4:6-7 to bring our requests to the Lord with thanksgiving and He will give us the peace that passes all understanding and guards our hearts and minds in Christ.

I love those verses, Anne.

The one that comes instantly to my mind is Psalm 121: 

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip—
    he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you—
    the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
    nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm—
    he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
    both now and forevermore.

Isn't it a blessing to be able to recall these verses as a reminder to us that the Lord is always in control. 

Thank you for sharing. 

xoxo Rose. 

Praise and worship are mighty tools against fear and anxiety.

They sure are, Caryl. 

Praise and worship will calm the wildest storms of life - and bring the greater perspective that is such a wonder of our faith. 

Thank you for sharing. 

xoxo Rose. 

I love singing 80s tunes. But Queen helps me relax,

I love the 80's too, Victoria. 

Every day my 13-year-old is subjected to my 80's music in the car. He's been resistant to its charms for most of his life, but I finally have him singing along enthusiastically to REO Speedwagon. :-) I consider it a good taste breakthrough. 

Thank you for sharing. 

xoxo Rose. 

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service