ABOUT AUTHOR: Over the past 25 years Robin has written 70 books with over 4 million copies sold.
She started writing for teens when the girls in her church youth group challenged her to write stories for them. It took 2 years and 10 rejections before the first Christy Miller novel was published in 1988. Since then the tales of these Forever Friends have continued. The Christy Miller series was followed by the Sierra Jensen series, Christy and Todd the College Years and the Katie Weldon series.
As Robin's readers grew older they asked for more stories about characters their age. The 8 book Glenbrooke series was launched followed by the Sisterchicks(R) series and a variety of standalone destination novels including "Under a Maui Moon" and "Canary Island Song".
Join Robin Jones Gunn on her facebook public figure page where she frequently posts updates on her latest travel or writing adventure.

ABOUT BOOK: COTTAGE BY THE SEA

A daughter’s gift of time, a father’s silent wish.

Erin Bryce and her best friend, Sharlene, count the day they start their wedding planning business as a very happy day. So much so that they name their company The Happiest Day to reflect the fulfillment of their long-held dream as well as their clients’ longing for a wedding celebration to match the exhilaration of being in love. As a bonus, the two women utilize their business to help Erin’s son Jordan and his fiancée, Sierra, plan a grand wedding.

But the two friends aren’t prepared for the cloud moving in to cover the sunny, successful start of their business. Erin’s father, who lives in a small coastal Oregon community with his brusque, downright odd second wife, Delores, develops a medical problem that puts him in the hospital. Erin responds by rushing from Southern California to her father’s—and oh, yeah, Delores’s—cottage by the sea.

What greets Erin when she arrives sends her tumbling down a bewildering path to a different kind of happiest day. Her journey tosses her through highs and lows of hurt and healing, betrayal and renewal, wrong assumptions righted, and the brightest future one could ever hope for. All just around the corner, at the cottage by the sea.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!!

1.    In recent years have you been able to pursue a dream the way Erin and Sharlene did when they started their new business? If not, what dreams have not yet been pursued and what would it take for you to take the first step?

2.    Have you been a caregiver for an ill or elderly person? Did you find the experience to be different than you expected? Know of anyone that was caregiving for someone and you became aware of things you didn't know was involved or could happen in a caregiving situation?

I had to add a question here Robin - I hope you don't mind. But I'm a fan of your Sisterchick series. I've read several had fun and learned a lot too! Love that!

3. Having said all that I wondered if anyone else has read the Sisterchick books??? If so which ones did you enjoy the most and why? For that matter which of Robin Jones Gunn's books touched your heart and made you tell someone else to read it?

<p><span style="color: 

********DISCLAIMER:Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA and CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE PROFILE @TBCN with your name and address - If we haven't heard from youanother winner will be picked.

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING JULY 21st*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN on or before JULY 30.

Views: 765

Replies to This Discussion

The dream I am now pursuing is writing. Even if I never become published its been such a rewarding journey already. The way I began pursuing is to sit in my chair and finish my first novel.

You have just revealed a significant secret here, Julia. To become a writer one must spend a lot of time sitting in that chair and working, working, working. Good for you!  May the Lord bless the work of your hands and use your words to inspire many to draw closer to Him.

Aloha, Robin

I have been able to enjoy the dream of retirement--with my wonderful husband and son. We are safe and secure and happy in God's care.  I have all the time I need to read, read, read.  

I took care of my mother and later my father until their deaths.  It was terribly physically and mentally draining, but I was able to experience their passing with no regrets for what I should have done or should have said.  I was there when I was needed--What a blessing to be able to say that.  Thanks to God for peace I feel and thanks to my husband and son for putting up with my living away from home for weeks at a time.  I am blessed.

Yes, it is a huge blessing to be able to say that you were able to be there when you were needed. I love that you feel God's peace in all this.  So encouraging!

Aloha, Robin

When I was much younger,  I was a caregiver briefly for my great-aunt.  My great uncle was rushed to the hospital and my aunt was unable to care for herself because she was blind.  I  was also working part-time.  So , not only did I care for her (made her meals, made sure she was safe), I would go to work in a nursing home during the day (first shift)  So, I was a major care-giver.  But, caring for a family member is so much different.  And, I felt more responsibility for my aunt.  This experience made me stronger emotionally.  If I had to do it again, I certainly would.

I can see how getting stronger emotionally would be a result of what you've been through, Kristin. And it's so great that you say that you would do it again. I think that word of encouragement will be motivational for others who read this and are in the midst of the journey and not seeing any good fruit from all their labor.

Aloha, Robin

Never really had a dream but to graduate as a knitting expert. Being blind is difficult to knit, never mind getting that high of an honor. I know I can do all the work (in my mind) and just recently decided not to pursue it any longer. Expense is too much and I don't drive anyways. Like teaching others how to knit and crochet and donate most everything I make to local animal shelter, nursing home and hospital. I'm happy to be able to design and do the knitting.

Julie

Julie it sounds like you are a knitting expert, graduate or not. You're teaching others and donating your handiwork. This sounds above expert to me!  You sound like an amazing woman.

Aloha, Robin

i would like to have a Tea Party Business.  Getting myself organized and taking the first step

Then by all means, hop to it, Sally! Get yourself organized and take that first step. You will be so glad you didn't delay.

Aloha, Robin

We had my grandfather staying with us and had an nurse. The nurse was mean to my grandfather and my parents didn't see this or was blind.I had to go and tell my parents what was going on and how this nurse was treating him. Later on in life, my Dad had polio problems ,it made me more understanding in what he was going through,hard to walk,heart problems to help him at all levels>>>>>>Betsy Schaknowski

That must have been difficult. I'm glad your grandfather had you as an advocate for him.  May the Lord bless you for the ways you have been a blessing to your dad and your grandfather.

Aloha, Robin

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service