Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

ABOUT AUTHOR:  A Christy Award finalist, MaryLu Tyndalldreamt of tall ships and swashbuckling pirates during her childhood years on Florida’s Atlantic Coast. Unfortunately, instead of pursuing that dream, she worked as a miserable, landlocked software engineer for fifteen years. Only by the grace and providence of God, did she decide to answer His call to write a Christian Pirate series. Today, while writing her eleventh novel, she manages a home, husband and six kids while battling three cats who have decided that her keyboard is the best place to sleep!  She believes that without popcorn and chocolate, life would not be worth living, and her sole motivation in life is to bring others closer to God.

For more information on MaryLu and her upcoming releases, please visit her website at http://www.marylutyndall.com or her blog at http://crossandcutlass.blogspot.com/or you can find her on facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MaryLu-Tyndall-Swashbuckling-Roman... 

ABOUT BOOK: Be swept away to Charleston of 1811, a city bustling with immigrants like Adalia, who is a runaway slave so light-skinned that no one guesses her past. Terrified her secret will be discovered, she settles into a quiet life making herbal remedies for a local doctor. But when Morgan, the handsome son of a prominent family, sweeps her into his glamorous world—a world in which the truth about Adalia’s heritage would ruin them both—suspicions and petty jealousies are aroused. What will Morgan do when he discovers that the woman he has fallen in love with is a runaway slave?

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE of these questions to be ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING.

1. Think back to your favorite novel. You know the one. The one you could hardly put down to even eat or take a potty break! 

Question: Out of the following characteristics, which would you say was the reason the story captivated you? If you choose more than one, please number them in order of importance, and feel free to add others!

a) Characters you care deeply about
b) Characters in an impossible situation that you can't see a way out
c) Heart-throbbing romance
d) Plot twists and turns that kept you guessing
e) A setting you love
f) A genre you love (Amish, Westerns, Suspense, Romance, Mystery, Historical)
g) Suspense - page turning action
h) Adventure!
i) Something mysterious that needs to be resolved
j) A theme or moral that touched your soul

2. What do you think about the new e-book craze?  Do you have an e-reader? If so, how do you like it?  What percentage of the books you've purchased in the last year have been in electronic form? Do you think E-books will ever completely take over physical books? Are there some types of books that lend themselves better to physical copies?  E-book copies?

MaryLu Tyndall

Swashbuckling Romances, Anchored in Faith
Veil of Pearls – July 2012
http://www.marylutyndall.com

http://crossandcutlass.blogspot.com/

********DISCLAIMER:Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE @TBCN  with your name and address - If we haven't heard from youanother winner will be picked.

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING JULY 21st*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN on or before JULY 30th.

Views: 475

Replies to This Discussion

I have a couple of ereaders, but I personally still prefer books. I work in the media and technology field and from a media stand point hope that books don't ever disappear. Personally, my ereader comes in handy when reading in bed since I don't need an external light. We have been debating this topic a lot lately especially in reference to vacation. I do not see myself with my ereader on the beach with the salt air, sea spray and sunscreen. Not to mention, as you walk down the beach you can't tell what people are reading and I love to check that out. Kind of like window shopping for a new book.

1.  I think it is a mixture of the characters and a plot that keeps me guessing :)

2.  I don't enjoy reading on an e-reader.  I love a good old-fashioned book in my hands.

Colletta

1)  1 Characters you care deeply about
     2 Plot twists and turns that kept you guessing
     3 Suspense - page turning action
     4 A theme or moral that touched your soul

2) Yes I have an eReader, I got it for work but I prefer physical books,  There is something about the sound of a page turning and if it is a favorite book the worn pages that make a connection with me.  I love seeing the books on my shelves (I have 1000+ books)  I have purchased a few eBooks about 10% of my book purchases mainly because I could not get them in a physical copy or the price was TOO much for me.

I have an iPad, a gift from my husband two years ago for my birthday. I do like to read books on it, though I by no means read only ebooks. As a church librarian, I purchase books for our library, and I largely get my reading material from there. However, I do like to download and read books, particularly the free ones available from amazon, christianbook, and iBooks. I have paid for very few, but then as I said, I don't buy books for myself that often. The exception to that would be books by my favorite authors that I want to collect and reread.

I have checked out one ebook from my public library. However, the loan was only for two weeks rather than the normal three, and I was unable to finish reading it. As a librarian, even at a church, I wonder how long it will be before our patrons will be asking about ebooks!

I have an ereader and like it. I enjoy the freedom to take several books in a limited space when I go to the hospital, the doctor's office, traveling, etc. That said I still like the feel of and ink and paper book. Somehow it is harder to "cuddle up" with an ereader.

I have acquired a good number of books in both types this year. The purpose for which they are bought determines whether I purchase and ebook or an ink and paper book. If it's a book that I know I will be loaning out I go for a "real" book. I also prefer reference books in a non-ereader format because it is easier to have several open at one time.

I don't think we will ever be without ink and paper books. There is a certain romance between a reader and an ink and paper book that you just can't get with an ereader.

Hello everyone!!  Please forgive my absence on this discussion!!  You know how life can get in the way sometimes? Well, it sort of tidal waved over me the past few days!!!  Anyway, I've read through all your comments and wish I could reply to each one!!!  Thank you all so much for your interest in winning Veil of Pearls, for your great answers to my questions, and for your kindness. Seems most of you answered the question about E-readers! They are definitely cool. I have a kindle that I recently took on a trip. It was a lifesaver!  But I also have a library full of books too.   Your other answers about what captivates you about a story really helped me. I always wonder what is the most important thing to readers.  What should I focus on the most??   Hence the reason for the question.  Anyway, Bless you all!!!  Thank you for participating.  It means the world to me.  :-) 

Thanks, MaryLu! Can't wait to read this one. 

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service