GIVEAWAY UNDERWAY

LAST DAY TO ENTER 

JANUARY 31st

BOOK BLURB: Cancer. It is a word no one wants to hear when sitting in a doctor’s office or from a loved one during a phone conversation. It is a word so prevalent in our society today. I don’t think there is anyone who has not been personally touched by this word, this disease, this diagnosis.

This book is not a “how-to” guide regarding cancer. You won’t find resources for the best doctors, the latest research, diet/nutrition, or even statistics about outcomes regarding the specific type of cancer that has entered your world. Instead, this book offers the comfort of 11 different men and women who have been personally touched by this diagnosis and have found peace despite the pain.

This book is not written solely from the standpoint of people who have experienced cancer personally – there are many chapters written by wives, daughters-in-law, and children, sharing how their loved ones fought valiantly and how close and personal God was during the journey. Join me between these pages as you read firsthand, from the individuals or their loved ones, how God showed up in every situation. He took what the enemy meant for evil (pain) and replaced it with His perfect peace

ABOUT AUTHOR: Cheri Swalwell is a Christ follower who thoroughly enjoys her calling to be a wife, mother, and writer, in that order. She enjoys writing regularly for Book Fun Magazine and LIFE TO THE FULLEST. Her Spoken from the Heart Series is available through Deeper Shopping in both eBook and paperback versions. To read one of her many articles on life from a Christian perspective, visit her blog at: http://bit.ly/1gRp9oK. She loves to interact with her readers, so send her an email at clSwalwell99@gmail.com or "like" her on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1h4eudV

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE

Julie Robinson will receive (1) PB

ALL the rest will receive an Ebook

Cathy DeYoung
Gail Hollingsworth
Sharon R. Paavola
Vickie Jameson
Deana Dick
Mary Hake
Carrie Gould
Connie Saunders

THANKS Cheri and all of you for making this a Book Fun Place to be.

I've sent your contact information to the author.

BLESSINGS

Nora :o)

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED IN DRAWING

1. What has been the most inspirational book you've read? Something you clung to during hard times. (could be book, devotional, song etc)

2. What has been the most inspirational Christian Fiction story you've ever read? Had to tell your friends about?

3. What testimony have you heard that rocked your world? A message that gave you hope? (could have been a person like Corrie Ten Boom etc. a preacher, friend's testimony) Do tell!

If you have any question please feel free to contact me at nora@bookfunmagazine.com

TBCN Where Book Fun Begins!

AD/Author sponsored Ad

Views: 122

Replies to This Discussion

Of course, the most inspirational book is the Bible. I couldn't live without it.

Agreed  :)

This sounds like such an inspirational book. 

I live the song Sometimes He Calms The Storm about how sometimes God will calm the stormy circumstances in our lives, but sometimes He lets the storms continue and chooses to calm us and help us through those storms.

I love that song too!  Music is so powerful to me.  You will see in the book that a lot of the contributors used Christian songs to inspire and encourage them while they were fighting the cancer.  :)

NEVER LOSE HEART BY JOYCE MEYER

I found the most inspiring book for me was Joyce Meyer’s “Never Lose Heart.” It is a little devotional book that actually saved my life. When I discovered that I had a condition of chronic pain after a surgery, I realized for the first time that my life had been unalterably changed forever. I began contemplating ways to end my life until a friend gave me this book. I sobbed and sobbed while reading it, and knew that God did not want me to take that wrong path. It encouraged me beyond measure, and helped me to accept the fact that I was now in a group that I never wanted to join, but it would be okay, because Jesus was there with me, and he knew all about it. Through the years, I have given away more copies of this book than I can count, and I hope it has made a difference in many lives.

I re-posted this for Julie so she'd be entered into the drawing.

What an inspirational message you just shared, Julie.  Thank you so much!

1. I love the hymn It Is Well With My Soul. It calms me and gives me peace!

3. I have a friend who has fought a battle with cancer, watched a son struggle to overcome addiction, buried another son and suffered the agony of a grandson committing suicide. Many people would have become bitter and perhaps turned their back on a relationship with God but my friend chose the opposite. She praises Him every chance and never asks "Why me"? Instead, she seems to think "Why not me?" She truly is a witness!!

You friend is truly inspiring.  Thank you for sharing with us about her. 

I love the song It is Well with my Soul too.  So glad you're here!

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE

Julie Robinson will receive (1) PB

ALL the rest will receive an Ebook

Cathy DeYoung
Gail Hollingsworth
Sharon R. Paavola
Vickie Jameson
Deana Dick
Mary Hake
Carrie Gould
Connie Saunders

THANKS Cheri and all of you for making this a Book Fun Place to be.

I've sent your contact information to the author.

BLESSINGS

Thank you!

Yea! Thanks, Cheri.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service