Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

GIVEAWAY UNDERWAY

LAST DAY TO ENTER 

JANUARY 31st

BOOK BLURB: Cancer. It is a word no one wants to hear when sitting in a doctor’s office or from a loved one during a phone conversation. It is a word so prevalent in our society today. I don’t think there is anyone who has not been personally touched by this word, this disease, this diagnosis.

This book is not a “how-to” guide regarding cancer. You won’t find resources for the best doctors, the latest research, diet/nutrition, or even statistics about outcomes regarding the specific type of cancer that has entered your world. Instead, this book offers the comfort of 11 different men and women who have been personally touched by this diagnosis and have found peace despite the pain.

This book is not written solely from the standpoint of people who have experienced cancer personally – there are many chapters written by wives, daughters-in-law, and children, sharing how their loved ones fought valiantly and how close and personal God was during the journey. Join me between these pages as you read firsthand, from the individuals or their loved ones, how God showed up in every situation. He took what the enemy meant for evil (pain) and replaced it with His perfect peace

ABOUT AUTHOR: Cheri Swalwell is a Christ follower who thoroughly enjoys her calling to be a wife, mother, and writer, in that order. She enjoys writing regularly for Book Fun Magazine and LIFE TO THE FULLEST. Her Spoken from the Heart Series is available through Deeper Shopping in both eBook and paperback versions. To read one of her many articles on life from a Christian perspective, visit her blog at: http://bit.ly/1gRp9oK. She loves to interact with her readers, so send her an email at clSwalwell99@gmail.com or "like" her on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1h4eudV

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE

Julie Robinson will receive (1) PB

ALL the rest will receive an Ebook

Cathy DeYoung
Gail Hollingsworth
Sharon R. Paavola
Vickie Jameson
Deana Dick
Mary Hake
Carrie Gould
Connie Saunders

THANKS Cheri and all of you for making this a Book Fun Place to be.

I've sent your contact information to the author.

BLESSINGS

Nora :o)

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED IN DRAWING

1. What has been the most inspirational book you've read? Something you clung to during hard times. (could be book, devotional, song etc)

2. What has been the most inspirational Christian Fiction story you've ever read? Had to tell your friends about?

3. What testimony have you heard that rocked your world? A message that gave you hope? (could have been a person like Corrie Ten Boom etc. a preacher, friend's testimony) Do tell!

If you have any question please feel free to contact me at nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora :o)

TBCN Where Book Fun Begins!

AD/Author sponsored Ad

Views: 138

Replies to This Discussion

While these area an older series, I love Hindss Feet On High Places, by Hannah Hurnard. That, and the books that follow it are an inspiration for me. 

Thank you for sharing, Cathy. I love when books speak directly to my heart.

I went through breast cancer seven years ago and today I send links to many friend going through any form of cancer to the song Overcomer by Mandisa. Every now and then I pull it up and give it another listen. So moving, especially the video.

I agree.  I love that song and the story behind it.  Thank you so much for sharing, Gail, and I'm so glad you "overcame" also!

in Him,

Cheri :)

My pastor's book, The Bend in the Road by Dr. David Jeremiah gives me strength and comfort. 

Thank you so much, Sharon, for sharing.  I love reading books that do that.

in Him,

1. The most inspirational book I ever read was The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom. So good - I couldn't put it down! I read it in one sitting. Corrie trusted in God through the worst circumstances. I'm not sure I would have such faith if put in the same position. Thanks for the chance to win a prize.

I agree, although I wonder if you had asked Corrie Ten Boom if she could have handled it, she probably would have said she couldn't either ...?  Just a thought.  I believe if God asks us to go through something that horrible, He will give the strength needed one step at a time.  Although I hurt that she had to go through it and I pray others don't have to either.  

Thank you, Vickie, for sharing your heart.  I have never read this book but it's always been on my wish list to read.  It just seems like such a hard book to read given the circumstances but one that would inspire and encourage as you shared.  Thank you for reminding me to put it at the top of my TBR pile. 

Blessings to you my friend!

I was in high school when I read it. I'll never forget that - I finished it at 3 or 4am because every time I put it down, I had to pick it back up because the story wouldn't let go. Years later, I let someone borrow my copy. They never returned it so I had to replace it. Since then, I've also added Prison Letters and Tramp for the Lord books, but have yet to read them.

I think i have a copy of it.  When I get off here, I'm going to go look.  I am definitely moving it to my TBR pile (toward the top!)  Thank you for sharing, Vickie.  I'm excited to read it (not about the content) but about how God uses even the worst of circumstances to showcase His goodness.

My brother was just diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer. I have become his full time care giver. While he was in the hospital last week, a nurse spoke to me. She said she is a 3year cancer survivor of stage 4 colon cancer. Her testimony has given me hope as I take this journey with my brother. It is hard, emotional and at times I cry, but I promised him I would not put him in a nursing home. The nurse prayed with us and gave me a doctors name to contact. My brother has no insurance so it seems no one wants to help us. Thsnk you for the chance to read your book. 

I'm so sorry for your brother's cancer diagnosis.  Praying blessings for your whole family as you walk through this journey together.  I also wrote a Bible study/book called Caring for the Caregiver that might help you while you take care of your brother during this time.  

Thank you for sharing - praying for all of you during this difficult time.  I find, for me, God shows up so powerfully when I need Him most.  That's my prayer for you and your family - that God will show up so personally for all of you. 

In Him,

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service