WINNERS  Amanda Chavez and Johnette Freguson

TRACIE PETERSON was AWARDED 2012 BEST WESTERN ROMANCE AUTHOR AWARD by True 1 West Magazine.

In Celebration of this award Tracie is giving away TWO SETS of Her Land of the Lone Star series.

AUTHOR BIO:  Tracie Peterson is the bestselling, award-winning author of more than eighty-five novels. Tracie also teaches writing workshops at a variety of conferences on subjects such as inspirational romance and historical research. She and her family live in Montana.
Visit Tracie's web site at: http://www.traciepeterson.com 

BOOK DESCRIPTION: CHASING THE SUN is book one in this series.

When her father disappears in war-torn Mississippi, Hannah Dandridge finds herself responsible not only for her younger siblings but for the ranch her father recently acquired on the Texas plains. Though a marriage of convenience could ease her predicament, she determines to trust God for direction.

Wounded soldier William Barnett returns to his home only to discover that his family's ranch has been seized. Though angry and bitter at this turn of events, he's surprised to discover that it is a beautiful young woman with amazing fortitude who is struggling to keep the place running. 

Hannah, desperate for help, and William, desperate to regain his family's land, form an uneasy truce. But nearby Comanche tribes, the arrival of Confederate soldiers, and a persistent suitor all threaten the growing attraction that builds between them. Will they be able to set aside their own dreams and embrace the promise of a future together?

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1.  What elements of the "western romance" most appeal to you?

2. Is historical accuracy important to you in your historical fiction reads?
3. What do you love reading most when you pick up a western? What do you expect? 
4. What don't you want to see in a western book? What will make you stop reading and put the book down?

CONGRATS Tracie on your award and THANKS for celebrating with us here at The Book Club Network where book fun begins!! Grin!

Nora St.Laurent

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING JANUARY 25th  *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN 

Views: 713

Replies to This Discussion

I like reading about the history, although it's fiction. I like the horses and cowboys and ranches, would love to live that way myself as I was raised on a farm.

I have always loved reading Tracie Peterson's books, she potrays the story with so much vibrance  that u feel lke u are right there with the character.

1. I just love the west in itself, I am very much a cowgirl at heart, that married her Indian Warrior. I love seeing the way women thrived thru most harshest lives, they showed that a women could be there for their families.

2. Historical accuracy is very much important to me in any of my historical reads.

3. I love reading about the Old West and the people that made it what it truly is, those people were very much a hardy bunch and lived thru so much.

4. To much of the intimate details would make me put down a book.

Historical accuracy is important because I did not do so well in History while in school. It was my worst subject except for geometry. I want to pick up some historical facts through my reading. The good story can help me process history in a way that a textbook and lecture can not. It brings history alive and offers characters you care about and shows Christian decision making according to the word of God.

Thanks so much to everyone who has commented.  I think over all historical accuracy is important to you and that's good to know.  As I mentioned before, I think it's really important for writers to listen to their readers and touch base with them to know what works and what doesn't.

I love hearing from all of you and hope you will keep in touch.  You can find me at facebook and my website: www.traciepeterson.com

I love westerns because of the adventure and experiencing new things! I think western romances are my favourite to read!

2. Historical accuracy is important to me if I'm reading about actual historical figures (such as kings, queens, battles, etc.), but it isn't important to me if I'm reading about everyday people (though I have to say, I still like the language to match the era!).

I love Tracie Peterson's books; thank you sooooo much for this opportunity!

2. Is historical accuracy important to you in your historical fiction reads?

I would prefer that they be historically accurate, but it's not totally necessary......  I do realize I'm reading fiction, but being able to learn accurate details about the West would be a big plus!  :)

As long as the story is good I'll give grace for the historical inaccuracy. 

So here's another question that I'd love to hear your feedback on - what do you hate to see in fiction stories?  Is there a particular plot line that is old and stale to you? Or is there a type of relationship that you find annoying and unbelievable?

when you have people in story that are so opposite and maybe throughout the story, they were at odds with each and then the author makes them a couple.  i know opposites attract but it needs to be more real.

#2 - Noooo... historical accuracy isn't too important.  I enjoy historical fiction so that I can get a general idea of what the time was like and the main events that were happening, but I don't date/fact check!  Thanks!

Historical accuracy is important to me, especially if the characters are based on real people.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service