Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

WINNERS  Amanda Chavez and Johnette Freguson

TRACIE PETERSON was AWARDED 2012 BEST WESTERN ROMANCE AUTHOR AWARD by True 1 West Magazine.

In Celebration of this award Tracie is giving away TWO SETS of Her Land of the Lone Star series.

AUTHOR BIO:  Tracie Peterson is the bestselling, award-winning author of more than eighty-five novels. Tracie also teaches writing workshops at a variety of conferences on subjects such as inspirational romance and historical research. She and her family live in Montana.
Visit Tracie's web site at: http://www.traciepeterson.com 

BOOK DESCRIPTION: CHASING THE SUN is book one in this series.

When her father disappears in war-torn Mississippi, Hannah Dandridge finds herself responsible not only for her younger siblings but for the ranch her father recently acquired on the Texas plains. Though a marriage of convenience could ease her predicament, she determines to trust God for direction.

Wounded soldier William Barnett returns to his home only to discover that his family's ranch has been seized. Though angry and bitter at this turn of events, he's surprised to discover that it is a beautiful young woman with amazing fortitude who is struggling to keep the place running. 

Hannah, desperate for help, and William, desperate to regain his family's land, form an uneasy truce. But nearby Comanche tribes, the arrival of Confederate soldiers, and a persistent suitor all threaten the growing attraction that builds between them. Will they be able to set aside their own dreams and embrace the promise of a future together?

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1.  What elements of the "western romance" most appeal to you?

2. Is historical accuracy important to you in your historical fiction reads?
3. What do you love reading most when you pick up a western? What do you expect? 
4. What don't you want to see in a western book? What will make you stop reading and put the book down?

CONGRATS Tracie on your award and THANKS for celebrating with us here at The Book Club Network where book fun begins!! Grin!

Nora St.Laurent

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING JANUARY 25th  *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN 

Views: 723

Replies to This Discussion

1. The strength of the characters of the location and time period (when accurately done)

Would absolutely love to win these for the school library.

2 - Since I'm not a 'history buff', the accuracy isn't important to me, I'm reading for the story. I do appreciate though, all the the research the authors do for their books. I never realized authors did that before I started following their blogs, facebook pages, etc. and I'm really impressed and it pleases me to know that they take the time to do it. So now I can say that the books I read are actually educational, lol, maybe my husband shouldn't be so upset when I read a lot, haha. He isn't a reader so he teases me, my daughter and daughter-in-law about 'wasting' so much money on buying books and so much time reading.

Thank you to all of the authors for doing their best to make sure their finished product is as true to life as they can make it!

wfnren(at)aol(dot)com

Congratulations Tracie!  I love the cowboys and the contrast between the wild and the civilized.  I also like learning about the time period and I want it to be historically accurate.

3.  I love reading about the horses the most!  I also enjoy romance and nature!

#2 I would prefer to have accuracy. It adds another dimension to the book to be able to learn about history while also enjoying a great story.

When reading a western I like reading about the land (scenery), hard working people, and strong characters. They can start out weak but I expect to see a change along the way.

I am a farmer, and so anything with ranching, and living close to the land is dear to me.  And a western is sure to have some animals in it! Historical accuracy is a plus, because i hope to gain some learning from it. i perticularly enjoy where a woman shows she can deal with the things that she needs to on a farm. Any book, if it does not have enough drama and intrigue, will see me putting it down. Now, i haven't seen it much in Christian fiction, but i question some secular authors' ability to be on Best Seller list year in and year out. i would be honored to win one of Tracie's sets.

2.) Yes historical accuracy is very important to me in my historical fiction because I want to learn real history since I am currently not in school! I also love to tell my husband interesting information that I read in my books so I would like to tell him valid information when I do!

I like when the author has given sometime researching the time period. This seems to give more truth to the story. I'm not asking that it has to follow the history to a tie just close enough to make true.

I just find historical romace so interesting.

I do like historical accuracy in historical fiction. It is a way for me to learn some history mixed in with a story, which is a way that helps me remember it and makes it more relevant. If the history is way off, then the story loses its credibility.

I agree with you. It is a good way to learn a little more about the time and place when ther is Historical accuracy given. Also a great way to learn about the place and the way people lived during that time.

I feel "duped" if I find out later that accuracy of a historical book was awry. Yet, I most likely will still have enjoyed the "read" because I had not idea that it was not accurate.  Regardless, I have great respect for an author who gets the fact "correct."  Those who do not lose credibility in "my book."

By the way, I recently listened to this series on audio book and enjoyed it greatly.  I'd love to win a print copy of the series and put them in my church library.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service