WINNERS  Amanda Chavez and Johnette Freguson

TRACIE PETERSON was AWARDED 2012 BEST WESTERN ROMANCE AUTHOR AWARD by True 1 West Magazine.

In Celebration of this award Tracie is giving away TWO SETS of Her Land of the Lone Star series.

AUTHOR BIO:  Tracie Peterson is the bestselling, award-winning author of more than eighty-five novels. Tracie also teaches writing workshops at a variety of conferences on subjects such as inspirational romance and historical research. She and her family live in Montana.
Visit Tracie's web site at: http://www.traciepeterson.com 

BOOK DESCRIPTION: CHASING THE SUN is book one in this series.

When her father disappears in war-torn Mississippi, Hannah Dandridge finds herself responsible not only for her younger siblings but for the ranch her father recently acquired on the Texas plains. Though a marriage of convenience could ease her predicament, she determines to trust God for direction.

Wounded soldier William Barnett returns to his home only to discover that his family's ranch has been seized. Though angry and bitter at this turn of events, he's surprised to discover that it is a beautiful young woman with amazing fortitude who is struggling to keep the place running. 

Hannah, desperate for help, and William, desperate to regain his family's land, form an uneasy truce. But nearby Comanche tribes, the arrival of Confederate soldiers, and a persistent suitor all threaten the growing attraction that builds between them. Will they be able to set aside their own dreams and embrace the promise of a future together?

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1.  What elements of the "western romance" most appeal to you?

2. Is historical accuracy important to you in your historical fiction reads?
3. What do you love reading most when you pick up a western? What do you expect? 
4. What don't you want to see in a western book? What will make you stop reading and put the book down?

CONGRATS Tracie on your award and THANKS for celebrating with us here at The Book Club Network where book fun begins!! Grin!

Nora St.Laurent

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING JANUARY 25th  *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN 

Views: 713

Replies to This Discussion

It depends on what the historical fiction is.  If it is really dependant on facts being correct, then yes I am kind of asnob about it.  However, if it's just in that particular period, then I don't pay that much attention

Question # 1- I like to read Western Romances because they bring you back in time. Back to a place where life is vastly different than it is now. There is no TV, no internet, in certain books and in certain time periods, of course. I love reading descriptions of the land where they live and how they work with the horses/cattle. It really makes you think about how our world is constantly changing and evolving. It's just nice to dive into a Western Romance that took place many, many years ago and see just how different life was.

I think historical accuracy is quite important when reading about any time period or place. While I'm reading I like to think that I'm also learning along the way.

Congrats Tracie!   You deserve the honor!  

Western Stories are so clean,  its a different World, I love how they find the bad guys,  I also really enjoy things like the Oregon Trail.   A simpler, cleaner easier sort of life.

From a person who had 3 1/2 days without power.......   We can survive without electricity   But it is different

Chris Granville

Yes, historical  accuracy is important to me in historical fiction of any kind, not just western historicals. I'm by no means an expert, so there probably some details that would slip by me, but I can usually tell which authors spend the time to do research on their time period and the ones who don't. It kind of spoils the story when there are glaring errors.

Tracie Peterson is a top-rate author so I'd love to win her set of books.

1.  I love western romance for the same reasons I love Amish books - a simpler way of life, everyone worked together on the farm and were together all the time, it was just a time to really build your family and cherish time together.  People enjoyed the simpler way of life and didn't need a lot of electronics for entertainment.  

Thank you for this opportunity. 

In Him, 

Cheri :) 

Historical accuracy is important to me when reading a Historical Fiction book.  I have always loved history so when I read these, they draw me into a time period that makes me want to learn more.   I usually find myself going to the internet to glean more info about that time frame or that particular event.    Growing up in the era of the good old Westerns, I do enjoy reading the Western books -- plus the fact that I grew up in Texas!  Thanks for the chance to win.  I have read other books by you and have enjoyed every one!

I love the rugged life, love stories, and the adventure of the Western novels.

#2 - Yes, historical accuracy is important otherwise the reader will believe information that is not correct.

1.  What elements of the "western romance" most appeal to you?

I live on a ranch and when it's done right it feels kinda like home.  I feel comfortable with the western genre and romance tends to add an extra spin to it. :)

2. Is historical accuracy important to you in your historical fiction reads?
Yes and no.  I think that it should be historically accurate if it's going to be labeled as such.  But History was never my favorite subject in school so when I read a historical fiction book it's not for the history.
3. What do you love reading most when you pick up a western? What do you expect? 
Horses, Indians, roundups, stagecoaches, rangers, and outlaws! LOL!  The adventure that ties all of these things together (usually)!  Lots of action and adventure.
4. What don't you want to see in a western book? What will make you stop reading and put the book down?
I want to see the characters relying on God.  I want them to draw strength and courage from Him.  I will stop reading a book, or series really, when my favorite character is killed off (especially for no real reason).  Sorry I'm still wounded by Janette Oke. :'(

Congratulations Tracie! :)  And thanks for the GREAT giveaway!!!

~Amada (pronounced: a.m.a.th.a)

historical accuracy is important i love learning more stuff.  i also love the western's for mail order brides

LIke many of the others have said, historical facts have to be somewhat accurate ...at least enough so that you don't find the story jarring when you read it. Like most of what I read, it is important that the characters are sympathetic and believable.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service