ABOUT BOOK: Gentle and unassuming Hope Kauffman has never been one to question or try to make changes. She quietly helps her father run Kingdom Quilts and has agreed to the betrothal her father arranged for her with the devout but shy Ebbie Miller.

Despite Hope's and other Kingdom residents' attempts to maintain the status quo, changes have already begun to stir in the small Mennonite town. The handsome and charismatic Jonathon Wiese is the leader of the move to reform, and when one of Kingdom's own is threatened by a mysterious outsider, Jonathon is one of the first to push for the town to arm itself. Hope's fiancé, Ebbie, is at the forefront of those demanding the town stay true to its traditions of nonviolence.

When strange incidents around town result in outright attacks on several townspeople, Hope can't help but question what she's always been taught. As the town that's always stood so strong together is torn apart at the seams, Hope is caught between opposing sides, both represented by those she has come to care for. With tensions high and lives endangered by an unknown threat, Hope fears Kingdom can never survive in one piece.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Nancy Mehl lives in Wichita, Kansas, with her husband Norman and her very active puggle, Watson. She’s authored fourteen books and is currently at work on a new series for Bethany House Publishing. The first book in her Road to Kingdom series, “Inescapable,” came out in July of 2012. The second book, “Unbreakable” released in February of 2013.

All of Nancy’s novels have an added touch – something for your spirit as well as your soul. “I welcome the opportunity to share my faith through my writing,” Nancy says. “God is number one in my life. I wouldn’t be writing at all if I didn’t believe that this is what He’s called me to do. I hope everyone who reads my books will walk away with the most important message I can give them: God is good, and He loves you more than you can imagine. He has a good plan for your life, and there is nothing you can’t overcome with His help.”

Readers can learn more about Nancy through her Web site: www.nancymehl.com or her blog www.suspensesisters.blogspot.com. She is also active on Facebook.
Links:

Blog: www.nancymehl.blogspot.com
Suspense Sisters: www.suspensesisters.blogspot.com

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. Do you regularly read Amish/Mennonite themed books? If so, why? What is it about them that draws you in?

2. If you changed one thing in an attempt to make your life simpler, what would it be?

3. What one thing would be the toughest to give up if you lived without electricity?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING FEBRUARY 28th*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN  

Views: 1051

Replies to This Discussion

1. I do. Their life style for one and their devotion to God.

3. Not having any lights to read by. and a hot water heater.

Would love to read this book

I think the refrigerator/freezer might be difficult to live without. I like beverages cold and where would I keep ice cream!!!

Ice cream. Now that's a great reason for electricity! LOL!

I frequently read Amish/Mennonite books.  Their love of God comes through the writing and usually speaks to me and some instance in my life. 

Yes I read Amish books a lot. I like how they seem to lead a simple life even though I know it is not simple. I have a lot of respect for them

I'm not sure what would be the hardest. Let's face it you can have washers, refrigerators, stoves, and sewing machines even without electricity. So I guess the thing that would be the hardest to give up would be my computer.

To make my life simpler, I would get rid of a lot of "stuff!"

I am actually working on that...

Many thanks, Cindi

jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

I like reading Amish/Mennonite books because that is what my family is! :)

I have never read an Amish or Mennonite book, but I am an avid reader of Christian fiction and should add them to my reading list. 

It would be difficult to give up my computer because that is how I talk with my grandsons who live far away.

It would be tough for me to let go of my electric toothbrush.  I have periodontal disease, and the electric toothbrush has been a lifesafer for me!

Then you definitely need electricity, Carla!

I do tend towards Amish, Mennonite books. The ones I have read are steeped in history (read some about European and Russian Mennonites - fascinating). They also have conflict - and somehow that is resolved through their faith and trust in God.

Blessings,

Janis

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service