ABOUT BOOK: Gentle and unassuming Hope Kauffman has never been one to question or try to make changes. She quietly helps her father run Kingdom Quilts and has agreed to the betrothal her father arranged for her with the devout but shy Ebbie Miller.

Despite Hope's and other Kingdom residents' attempts to maintain the status quo, changes have already begun to stir in the small Mennonite town. The handsome and charismatic Jonathon Wiese is the leader of the move to reform, and when one of Kingdom's own is threatened by a mysterious outsider, Jonathon is one of the first to push for the town to arm itself. Hope's fiancé, Ebbie, is at the forefront of those demanding the town stay true to its traditions of nonviolence.

When strange incidents around town result in outright attacks on several townspeople, Hope can't help but question what she's always been taught. As the town that's always stood so strong together is torn apart at the seams, Hope is caught between opposing sides, both represented by those she has come to care for. With tensions high and lives endangered by an unknown threat, Hope fears Kingdom can never survive in one piece.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Nancy Mehl lives in Wichita, Kansas, with her husband Norman and her very active puggle, Watson. She’s authored fourteen books and is currently at work on a new series for Bethany House Publishing. The first book in her Road to Kingdom series, “Inescapable,” came out in July of 2012. The second book, “Unbreakable” released in February of 2013.

All of Nancy’s novels have an added touch – something for your spirit as well as your soul. “I welcome the opportunity to share my faith through my writing,” Nancy says. “God is number one in my life. I wouldn’t be writing at all if I didn’t believe that this is what He’s called me to do. I hope everyone who reads my books will walk away with the most important message I can give them: God is good, and He loves you more than you can imagine. He has a good plan for your life, and there is nothing you can’t overcome with His help.”

Readers can learn more about Nancy through her Web site: www.nancymehl.com or her blog www.suspensesisters.blogspot.com. She is also active on Facebook.
Links:

Blog: www.nancymehl.blogspot.com
Suspense Sisters: www.suspensesisters.blogspot.com

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. Do you regularly read Amish/Mennonite themed books? If so, why? What is it about them that draws you in?

2. If you changed one thing in an attempt to make your life simpler, what would it be?

3. What one thing would be the toughest to give up if you lived without electricity?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING FEBRUARY 28th*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN  

Views: 1051

Replies to This Discussion

#3.  The toughest to give up might be my computer.  I love being able to connect so readily with my spread-out family.  I also would miss having to much information at my fingertips!

I would try to organize each day better to get more out of each day. Sometimes I don't accomplish things that I had the time to do, but just didn't get to.

3. What one thing would be the toughest to give up if you lived without electricity?  Heat.  Without electricity the blower wouldn't work on the furnace.

cindialtman(at)gmail(dot)com

My computer would be hard to do without but then I'd also miss lights, running water and the many more.

Without electricity I wouldn't have internet, which would be tough because it is what I use to communicate with people. The internet is how I get to talk and get to know family members far away. Not having internet would be very hard indeed.

3.   The toughest thing to give up if I had to live without electricity?  I would have to say that would be a washing machine! It would take away too much reading time if I had to do my laundry by hand!! :)

Depending on where I lived, giving up central heating and air would be one of the hardest things for me. I like comfort and find when I am too cold or too hot that I lose my ability to function at maximum. When cold I have to wear lots of layers of clothes which slow me down. When I am too warm I have to keep sipping ice water and try to keep my hair wet to cool down.

I have read several Amish books, but would like to read more. It would be great to win your book.

Blessings, Janice

I think the toughest thing for me to give up if I didn't have electricity would be my dishwasher. I really don't like standing at the sink and washing all those dishes by hand, and rinsing them, and then drying them. It's much easier to load the dishwasher at the end of each meal, then run it to clean the dishes once it is full.

The one thing that would be the hardest for me to give up without electricity would be my computer -- I'd be lost without it.

About two years ago I started reading Amish books and I love them.  Love the good clean stories.

I regularly buy Amish books for my Mother in Law.  If I am lucky to win, she will be reading "Unbreakable" too!

Amish and Mennonite themed books are really the only books I enjoy reading.  I feel a sense peace and sincere love with how they take so much pride into such a simpler way of daily life.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service