ABOUT BOOK: Gentle and unassuming Hope Kauffman has never been one to question or try to make changes. She quietly helps her father run Kingdom Quilts and has agreed to the betrothal her father arranged for her with the devout but shy Ebbie Miller.

Despite Hope's and other Kingdom residents' attempts to maintain the status quo, changes have already begun to stir in the small Mennonite town. The handsome and charismatic Jonathon Wiese is the leader of the move to reform, and when one of Kingdom's own is threatened by a mysterious outsider, Jonathon is one of the first to push for the town to arm itself. Hope's fiancé, Ebbie, is at the forefront of those demanding the town stay true to its traditions of nonviolence.

When strange incidents around town result in outright attacks on several townspeople, Hope can't help but question what she's always been taught. As the town that's always stood so strong together is torn apart at the seams, Hope is caught between opposing sides, both represented by those she has come to care for. With tensions high and lives endangered by an unknown threat, Hope fears Kingdom can never survive in one piece.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Nancy Mehl lives in Wichita, Kansas, with her husband Norman and her very active puggle, Watson. She’s authored fourteen books and is currently at work on a new series for Bethany House Publishing. The first book in her Road to Kingdom series, “Inescapable,” came out in July of 2012. The second book, “Unbreakable” released in February of 2013.

All of Nancy’s novels have an added touch – something for your spirit as well as your soul. “I welcome the opportunity to share my faith through my writing,” Nancy says. “God is number one in my life. I wouldn’t be writing at all if I didn’t believe that this is what He’s called me to do. I hope everyone who reads my books will walk away with the most important message I can give them: God is good, and He loves you more than you can imagine. He has a good plan for your life, and there is nothing you can’t overcome with His help.”

Readers can learn more about Nancy through her Web site: www.nancymehl.com or her blog www.suspensesisters.blogspot.com. She is also active on Facebook.
Links:

Blog: www.nancymehl.blogspot.com
Suspense Sisters: www.suspensesisters.blogspot.com

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. Do you regularly read Amish/Mennonite themed books? If so, why? What is it about them that draws you in?

2. If you changed one thing in an attempt to make your life simpler, what would it be?

3. What one thing would be the toughest to give up if you lived without electricity?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING FEBRUARY 28th*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN  

Views: 1051

Replies to This Discussion

I have only recently started reading Amish books and am enjoying them.   They are a simpler people with a profound trust in God, yet they have so many of the same struggles that we all face.    Their lives seem to highlight the pull of the "English World" against their world --- much like what we face with the pull of the "worldly world" against our own faith and standing true to the Lord in the world we live. 

2. If you changed one thing in an attempt to make your life simpler, what would it be?

Megabucks would simplify my life.  One less thing to worry about as Forrest Gump would say.  :D

I think the hardest thing to give up would be my cell phone.

Where I live, our well is run off of electricity.  And I would say that would be the worst part of no electricity would be no easy access to water.  I once went a week without electricity and I would say the lack of indoor plumbing was by far the worst of it.

I don't always read Amish/Mennonite themed books.  I love reading different kinds of Christian fiction such has historical,  some suspense, and some contemporary.  When I read and Amish/Mennonite theme book, it has to be one that has a different plot from most.  I love unusual story themes and this one is definitely different.

The hardest thing for me to give up for lack of electricity would be my Kindle! Not being able to access my 20,000+ books would be a crying shame...
Hi NANCY!!! I Luved Inescapable and am super excited about UNBREAKABLE!!!
I'll answer #2 OWN LESS STUFF!!!
I LUV the simplicity of the Amish. We have become a very very materialistic people these days!
For some, the more we own the emptier we feel...and that is so sad!
Downsizing, giving more to other people in need, and just making a simpler life by what we own, I think would make us happier!!!

You all have such great answers. A little worried about Nancy and her 20,000 eBooks though! LOL! Every time I'm asked about the electricity issue, my first thought is air conditioning. I'm such a wimp when it comes to heat. As you can imagine, I'm not a summer person! In my Road to Kingdom series, electricity is just making its entrance when the series wraps up. Most Conservative Mennonite communities have electricity. They're not as strict as the Amish. I do think it would benefit all of us to turn off the television, get off our phones, and walk away from our computers for a few hours a day. I wonder if sometimes God is trying to get our attention over all the noise. Usually, it's when we're quiet that we hear His voice.

#3 It would be my computer. I might go through withdrawals. =)

1.  I enjoy reading Amish/Mennonite books because of their simpler way of life.

2.  In order to make my life and my family's life simpler, I'd give up electronic devices . . cell phones, internet, ipads and go back to the "old" way with just a land-line phone, and that way other things aren't competing for attention.

I read Amish novels because of their purity and the simle life they need. Knowing they face alot of the same problems we do is very interesting also. Some days i wish i could be amish but their is so many reasons i could not such as being submissive to a man. I am to set in my ways and too outspoken

mcaquinn@aol.com

I love Amish fiction, it is admirable the way they live such a hard but simple life.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service