ABOUT AUTHOR: ACE COLLINS is the writer of more than sixty books, including several bestsellers: Stories behind the Best-Loved Songs of Christmas, Stories behind the Great Traditions of Christmas, The Cathedrals, and Lassie: A Dog's Life. Based in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, He continues to publish several new titles each year, including a series of novels, the first of which is Farraday Road. Ace has appeared on scores of television shows, including CBS This Morning, NBC Nightly News, CNN, Good Morning America, MSNBC, and Entertainment Tonight.

ABOUT YELLOW PACKARD: When George Hall buys a luxury auto he’s able to bring his baby girl home from the hospital in style. But then a parent’s worst nightmare becomes reality when his daughter is abducted. Will FBI agent Helen Meeker have the patience and the tenacity to apprehend the kidnapper before it’s too late?

ABOUT THE CHRISTMAS STAR: Robert Reed gave his life for his country in the early days of World War II. His sacrifice was honored when his widow and son were presented with the Congressional Medal of Honor. At Christmas, the final decoration Marge Reed hangs on the family’s tree is that medal. Rather than being a symbol of honor for young Jimmy Reed that shining star represents loss, pain, and suffering.

Yet a message delivered by one of Robert’s fellow soldiers and a mystery letter found in a Bible put a father’s sacrifice and faith into perspective and bring new meaning to not just the star hanging on the Christmas tree but the events of the very first Christmas. Then, when least expected, a Christmas miracle turns a final bit of holiday sadness into a joy that Jimmy has never known.

CLICK BOOK COVER FOR DESCRIPTION - CONTEST STARTS OCTOBER 19th

3 copies of each book are up for grabs 

BOOK TRAILER FOR YELLOW PACKARD

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. I write in a lot of different genres, what genre do you enjoy the most of those you have read (talking all books, not just mine)?

2. What do you see as the weaknesses of Christian fiction and why?

3. I try to write books with subtle themes of faith so that folks who don't usually read Christian fiction might be drawn to my work. In other words, I am not trying to preach to the choir. Do you enjoy reading novels with subtle elements of faith?

4. The leads in my books are always struggling with their faith and their calling. Thus they are works in progress. Can you identify more with these kind of characters or those that already have their life together?

5. And an off the wall question, as a car collector I love to know what make, model and year of car is your favorite.

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING OCTOBER 30th *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by first week of NOVEMBER.

Views: 1329

Replies to This Discussion

I like historical Christian fiction the best.

I really like the eras from 30s to the 50s.

Mine have safe landings, but the rides are a bit edgy.

I love Christian Fiction.  Calming and soothing for my soul, just love it, no better way to relax after a difficult day.

The folks who have read The Yellow Packard tell me I am costing them sleep. Guess that is good.

Yes, it's a VERY GOOD thing!! Grin! I really enjoyed this one Ace!

Thanks. It was the most challenging book for me to write because the one continuing thread in the novel was not a person but a car. 

You'd done it well. I also liked your characters!!

Q4  I like to see the struggles the characters go through because it makes them seem more real and it also keeps the reader wondering if they will make the right choices in the future based on their growing faith. Some of the things the characters struggle with might be issues a friend or relative struggles with so it might open my eyes to ways of helping, and at the least, understanding better what a real life person is going through. The struggling characters give a sense of hope in what they may become as well as what the reader may become through God's help. The perfect character in contrast sets the reader up to feel a sense of failure if they compare their feelings to the character's feelings and actions if the reader isn't to that level yet.

It would be great to win one of your books. They sound really good. I have not read any of your books so this would be a good way to begin.

Blessings,

Janice

I agree on your description of why I like characters that are growing. Thanks.

3.  Yes, I like to read books like that and I also like to write books like that.  My desire when reading good Christian fiction is that friends of mine who aren't Christians will be drawn to the great story or those who have fallen will come back.  I pray that my stories eventually will do the same when I'm published. 

When I write them they become friends of mine. I hate to finish a book and say goodbye to them.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service