ABOUT AUTHOR: Nancy Herriman abandoned a career in Engineering to chase around two small children and take up the pen. She hasn’t looked back. The Irish Healer is her debut novel. When she is not writing, or gabbing over lattes about writing, she is either watching history shows on cable TV or singing. She lives in the Midwest with her husband and sons, and wishes there were more hours in the day. You can learn more at her website, www.nancyherriman.com, where you will also find a link to the opening chapter of The Irish Healer and a book trailer.

If you participate in social media, please join her on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Author.NancyHerrimanor on Twitter (@Nancy_Herriman).

ABOUT THE BOOK: The Irish Healer:

Acquitted of murdering a child under her care, Irish healer Rachel Dunne flees the ensuing scandal and vows to never sit at another sickbed. She no longer trusts in her abilities—or God’s mercy. When a cholera epidemic sweeps through London, though, she is forced to nurse the dying daughter of the enigmatic physician she has come to love. James Edmunds, wearied by the deaths of too many patients, has his own doubts about God’s grace. Together, they will have to face their darkest fears...and learn what it means to have real faith.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING.

Q1:

The Irish Healer opens with the heroine, Rachel Dunne, fleeing scandal and leaving the only home she’s ever known--Carlow, Ireland--for a new life in London.

In what situation have you found yourself needing to start over? Rachel relies on her inner strength and the support of her cousin to try to cope with the upheaval in her life. What or who (besides God) did you rely on to cope?

Q2:

A major theme of The Irish Healer is handling doubt in the face of adversity. Both the hero, Dr. James Edmunds, and Rachel struggle with their faith as they are forced to confront disease, death, and their own personal wounds during the 1832 cholera epidemic.

Most of us have encountered difficulties, such as illness or the loss of a job or other misfortune, in our lives. Do you have a favorite Bible verse or prayer you turn to when experiencing hardship or loss?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 22nd*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by August 26th

Views: 705

Replies to This Discussion

I've been dwelling on Psalm 13 lately.  It starts with a rant against God but by verse five says, "I trust in your unfailing love..."  no matter what, God is faithful and sovereign, good times and bad.

This sounds like a book that would be a great read!

Absolutely.

And thanks!

Q2. I always turn to Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans not to harm but to give you hope and a future." This is my scripture that has carried me through every time! 

Thank you for the opportunity to win "The Irish Healer"

Blessings to you.

This is also a favorite verse of a dear friend of mine!

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you.  He will not leave you or forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."  Dueteronomy 31:8

"So do not fear, for I am with you.  Do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

One of my favorites, too, Carla.

a favorite Bible verse or prayer you turn to when experiencing hardship or loss?

for me would be Isaiah 26.3

You will guard and keep in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because they commit themself to You, lean on You, and hope confidently in You.

from Amp version..

"A person whose desire rests on You You preserve in perfect Peace, b/c they trust in You."

from The Complete Jewish Bible

Waving 'hi' to a 'name' I recognize! Another great verse to contemplate...I love what everyone is sharing

waving 'hi' right back, Nancy!

and wondering if you're part of the Ireland Reading Challenge for 2012?

Your book would be a perfect addition and great intro to other participants in the challenge...

Looking forward to adding it for sure, if I'm blessed with a win :) !  Thx for the giveaway generosity !

and for sharing your writing gifts with us !

My absolute favorite passage that gets me through anything and everything is Romans 8:38-39: "For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Beautiful, isn't it? When I was in Bible college in 1992 (aging myself here!), our worship leader introduced this passage to us as a song. It has stuck with me ever since. 

Very beautiful.

And I'm WAY older than you. ;-)

"You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." Is 26:3

I have shared this with others who are going through difficult times and even have this as a note on my cell phone's home page -- it is such a comfort for me.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service