ABOUT BOOK: When CIA Agent Bo Rider adopts a retired law enforcement dog for his family, teenagers Glenna and Gregg are surprised to discover Blaze’s special skills. They put the dog to work solving crimes, but a captured criminal seeks revenge forcing the kids to hide out at their grandparents’ Florida home. In Skeleton Key powerful villains connive to stop the teens from discovering their criminal enterprise. As Glenna and Gregg face high stakes, they find courage to keep pursuing justice. In Night Flight, the first stand alone novel in the Munsons’ Truth Seeker Series, the Rider family learns the true meaning of loving your neighbor as yourself. This is the debut thriller for young adults by these best-selling ExFeds who write factional fiction based on their careers.

ABOUT THE AUTHORS: Diane Munson has been an attorney for more twenty eight years. She served the U.S. Department of Justice as a Federal Prosecutor in Washington, D.C. Earlier, she served the Reagan Administration, appointed by Attorney General Edwin Meese, as Deputy Administrator of the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention. She worked with the Justice Department, the U.S. Congress, and the White House on policy and legal issues. More recently she has been in a general law practice.
David Munson served as a Special Agent with the Naval Investigative Service (now NCIS), and U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration over a 27-year career, where he often assumed undercover roles. He infiltrated international drug smuggling organizations. In that role he traveled with drug dealers, met their suppliers in foreign countries, helped fly their drugs to the U.S., then feigned surprise when shipments were seized by law enforcement. Later his true identity was revealed when he testified against the group members in court. While assigned to DEA headquarters in Washington, D.C., David served two years as a Congressional Fellow with the Senate Permanent subcommittee on Investigations.

As they travel to research and cloister to write, they thank the Lord for the blessings of faith and family. David and Diane Munson are collaborating on their next novel. www.DianeAndDavidMunson.com

MANDATORY MUST ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS to  be ENTER DRAWING
1. "Night Flight" is written about two teens, for teens. Based on your
experience, how much freedom should teens have for social media/cell
phones/texting?

2. In "Night Flight" Blaze the law enforcement 'working dog' is one of the
heroes. Who is your favorite hero, and why?

3. What do you like to see and/or like in suspense novels?

4. What do you think should not been in suspense novels for teens?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30 *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 3rd

Views: 626

Replies to This Discussion

I feel teens should be supervised as what they do say on socil media sites might actually get them fired from a job, as employees are looking at them now for job applicants.

sometim si think teens get oo much freedom here in our house hold  my teens and preteens get to play agame on face book no actualy im interaction with anyone online till they are 16  Ithink that some teens get too much freedom and its bad thing

fav hero honestly  i c nat think of one characte  but my fav hero in the real world is my fiancee he puts up with so much but choses to strive on inspite of all that hits him and nocks him down

Children should be watch very close if they have cell phones or on the web-site

Question 2. A special hero in my life is a man that goes to our church. His name is Keith. He lost his wife and 2 of his 3 sons to multiple sclerosis. During the years of their illness, he never complained, but always spoke of the blessings of the Lord. He taught Sunday School, serves as deacon, and has led many committees. We call him our "modern day Job". Keith is very humble and always searching to help others in need. When his wife was in her last days at Hospice, one of our church members suddenly passed away. Before going to Hospice that morning, Keith first went to the family's home to see how he could help them. He has since married a widow, and together, they are still seeking to serve our Lord and our congregation. Thanks for the opportunity to win a book by new authors for me. I share my books with my 91-year-old mother-in-law and friends at church. God bless!

After I posted this, I remembered that we have another hero at our church. His name is Robert. Several years ago another church member had some health issues and needed a kidney transplant. None of his family members were a match, so they turned to friends and "outsiders". Robert was tested and was a match, so he gave his kidney to Buck. When asked why he did it, he quietly said "that's what you do for a Christian brother". I am blessed to have such friends as Keith and Robert.

Some freedom is fine for teens up to a sertain point. Thou I do feel they are given to much freedom now a days.

As adults we are they one that are put here as parents to supervise their lives and teach them right from wrong. Too much freedom is not good. There are things out there in the world that they do not understand and need a guiding hand to help them. We as adults need to keep an eye on our children and what they are doing, listening to and watching. The world is not a good place for them now a days. The world today scares me.

As the parent of a child social media is a challenge.  I'm lucky in that she has accepted that although many of her friends have facebook accounts, we won't lie about her age to get her an account.  When she has it I will want her dad and I to have access (especially after being at a class about bullying last night).  I want her to be safe as possible and in today's world I think that includes monitoring things like cell phones and social media and computer use.  Kids don't always realize how easy it is to fall prey.

Unrelated to the questions here, I follow and enjoy your NCIS blog.

I think it's different for every teen.  I have 2 teens that I trust very much, but I'm still friends with them on FB and know what they are posting to their wall. I don't know what their private messages say, but if I wanted to check , they would give me their username/passwords so I could look.  I have another child who is about to become a teen and I will probably NOT allow that child to even have a FB account because I don't trust that one as much.  So, I believe it has to be based on the child what freedoms they have with social media.  As far as phones, that depends again on each child, but also on what parents can afford.  I mean, I would trust the first two teens with phones, but we can't afford for them to each have a phone, let alone smart phones with texting etc.  

I think suspense novels for teens should not have any graphic material, or material that will give them nightmares.

My favorite hero was and still is my mom, even though she was promoted to glory in Dec. 2010.  My dear mom faced many trials in life, a mother whom died when she was just 16 after years of struggling with heart problems, a dad whom was away at war, a heart attack herself when she had her first child along with ending up in the hospital for months with tb, miscarried twins, gave birth to a stillborn beautiful baby boy, all of her children have some medical issues that kept her hopping, a dad with Parkinsons, and her with diabetes, massive heart attacks, left with 20% heart and right up until the end mom was always concerned for others and how she could help them.  Many a night she would be in the living room after we had all gone to bed and I am sure that it was then that she spent her time with Jesus, before getting up at 4:30 am to make dad's breakfast and start the day with him.  My mom loved Jesus and us!  When I read of the Prov. 31 woman I think of mom.  Yes she took care of us, had to look for sales because so many of us, made our clothes...we were blessed.  My mom is my hero!!

1. "Night Flight" is written about two teens, for teens. Based on your
experience, how much freedom should teens have for social media/cell
phones/texting?

My 9 year old granddaughter has a phone.  I really feel she is too young to use the phone for fun but believe every woman should have a cell phone with her at all times. 

Because of the many dangers associated with the various forms of social media, I don't think that teens should be allowed to have any "private" accounts. A parent should be able to access their accounts at any time...just to be able to observe what is going on.  I also think that teens need to be taught the basic courtesy rules...such as staying off it at meal times, in school, church and other gatherings....and after they have gone to bed. Oh, and the obvious rules of not texting while driving or walking!  :)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service