ABOUT AUTHOR: MINDY STARNS CLARK is the author of many books, which include the popular Smart Chick Mysteries and Whispers of the Bayou. In addition, Mindy's plays and musicals have been featured in schools and churches across the United States.

ABOUT AUTHOR: KIM ALEXIS

• Most people know Kim Alexis for her captivating physical beauty. But there's more to her story than meets the eye.
  • She started modeling at the age of 18 and amassed over 500 magazine covers but quickly launched into TV as a spokesperson, actress, host and commentator.
  • She grew up an athlete. She loves to try new sports and encourage other women in all levels of fitness and natural health.
  • She has written books about the modeling industry both fiction and non fiction. Her goal in life is: to encourage other women to be their best in all areas of life.

ABOUT BOOK: Juliette Taylor walked away from her career as a supermodel twenty-five years ago. Now approaching fifty – an emotionally complex milestone -- she co-owns a beauty supply company that makes skincare products for salons and spas. Her niche is pampering Christian women who usually spend more time caring for others than for themselves under the slogan:Isn’t it time someone took care of YOU for a change?When Juliette arrives at the Palm Grotto Spa to host a spiritual retreat, she runs into an old modeling colleague, Raven, who had always been disliked in the industry for many reasons. She isn’t there for the retreat; in fact, her presence at the spa is somewhat mysterious.Not long after Raven makes a cryptic threat to Juliette, the unsympathetic back-then beauty is found dead, poisoned by something in the green clay of a chai soy wrap. The following morning, a banner for the retreat has been unceremoniously altered:It’s your turn to be nurtured, to be restored . . . to be murdered.Suspicion is directed at Juliette who has history with Raven and certainly knows how to use beauty products. But for murder?! Now she must find the real killer before the police really take care of her.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THESE QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING.

1. How many of you have would like to go away to a Spa? What would you first like to experience?

2. How many of you follow a skin care program? If so what products to you use? If you won't what are some of your beauty secrets?

3. If someone gave you a gift certificate to buy what you desired and had a pretty large amount of money on it where would you go first? what would you do with it, buy clothes, make-up, get a hair-cut etc. things like that?

4. Have any of you had a make-over? Decided you wanted a change? If so, what did you change and how did it work out? Any of you want to sign up for a Make-Over? What would you like made over?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30th *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by SEPT 3rd

Views: 890

Replies to This Discussion

"How many of you follow a skin care program? If so what products to you use?"

I use Paula's Choice skin care products exclusively....  using her recommendations I tend to shop around for "glamour" items. 

#1 a spa would be quite an experience for me....I've never even been to a nail salon to have my nails done! But I think I'd enjoy it...
#2 ivory soap girl right here!
#3 gift certificate? I'd buy BOOKS!!!
#4 when I was in 14 my mom signed me up for glamour shots, but I had a volleyball game that night...so she had them done instead! She looked like a movie star!!!

I don't know anyone who wouldn't like to go to a spa for some RR & R, reading, rest, and relaxation.

I would love to experience the feeling of being pampered and catered to. I've taken care of my mom who has Alzheimer's for the last two years so I can surely use a week or more at a spa.

3. If someone gave me a gift certificate I would first buy books.  Then maybe get a years worth of massages.  If there was anything left after that I would get some new clothes.

1) I'd love to go to a spa and experience a spa facial. I've never had one! :)

Best spa treatment I EVER had was the anti-aging facial at Overleaf Spa in Yahatz, Oregon. Sorry for the plug, but I still dream about that treatment, it was that amazing.

3. I would buy things my family needs with a gift card with a large amount of money. Its not about me or my needs its about my girls and my son and my families needs... Our family needs come first with me.

I know what you're saying, Linda, but do remember to care for yourself as well. 

As one of the characters says in the book, when the oxygen masks come down on an airplane, you have to put on your own mask BEFORE you help anyone else with theirs. Just make sure you're getting enough oxygen for yourself. As women, it's easy for us to give to others, never as easy to give to ourselves.

Your family is very blessed to have you! :)

If I had a spa day I think I would like the whirlpool the most.  I would enjoy a facial and mani/pedi also.  I am looking forward to Mindy and Kim's book, I know it will be a special treat.

This has been so fun to read everyone's comments! Congrats to the winners. And thanks to all who have participated. Y'all are a fascinating bunch, for sure.  Wouldn't it be cool to rent out a spa for a weekend and let everyone come, get treatments, and talk books. Now THAT's my idea of heaven!

I am so excited to have won this book.  I love a good mystery and can't wait to read and see who did it!!

Thanks for picking me!

Blessings,

Shannon Hogan

Kim and Mindy,

Yay! I was selected as a winner of your book! Thank you for your generosity and may the Lord bless you abundantly for it!

Looking forward to reading this fun story!

Becky Doughty

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service