ABOUT AUTHOR: MINDY STARNS CLARK is the author of many books, which include the popular Smart Chick Mysteries and Whispers of the Bayou. In addition, Mindy's plays and musicals have been featured in schools and churches across the United States.

ABOUT AUTHOR: KIM ALEXIS

• Most people know Kim Alexis for her captivating physical beauty. But there's more to her story than meets the eye.
  • She started modeling at the age of 18 and amassed over 500 magazine covers but quickly launched into TV as a spokesperson, actress, host and commentator.
  • She grew up an athlete. She loves to try new sports and encourage other women in all levels of fitness and natural health.
  • She has written books about the modeling industry both fiction and non fiction. Her goal in life is: to encourage other women to be their best in all areas of life.

ABOUT BOOK: Juliette Taylor walked away from her career as a supermodel twenty-five years ago. Now approaching fifty – an emotionally complex milestone -- she co-owns a beauty supply company that makes skincare products for salons and spas. Her niche is pampering Christian women who usually spend more time caring for others than for themselves under the slogan:Isn’t it time someone took care of YOU for a change?When Juliette arrives at the Palm Grotto Spa to host a spiritual retreat, she runs into an old modeling colleague, Raven, who had always been disliked in the industry for many reasons. She isn’t there for the retreat; in fact, her presence at the spa is somewhat mysterious.Not long after Raven makes a cryptic threat to Juliette, the unsympathetic back-then beauty is found dead, poisoned by something in the green clay of a chai soy wrap. The following morning, a banner for the retreat has been unceremoniously altered:It’s your turn to be nurtured, to be restored . . . to be murdered.Suspicion is directed at Juliette who has history with Raven and certainly knows how to use beauty products. But for murder?! Now she must find the real killer before the police really take care of her.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THESE QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING.

1. How many of you have would like to go away to a Spa? What would you first like to experience?

2. How many of you follow a skin care program? If so what products to you use? If you won't what are some of your beauty secrets?

3. If someone gave you a gift certificate to buy what you desired and had a pretty large amount of money on it where would you go first? what would you do with it, buy clothes, make-up, get a hair-cut etc. things like that?

4. Have any of you had a make-over? Decided you wanted a change? If so, what did you change and how did it work out? Any of you want to sign up for a Make-Over? What would you like made over?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30th *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by SEPT 3rd

Views: 890

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to go to a Spa treatment and the first thing I would want is rest! Then a massage.

My skin care program is pretty minimal, wash the face and put on lotion. For the most part over the years I have used a knock off (dollar store) brand of a name brand but sometimes I splurge and use a name brand cream esp the older I get, hoping to ease away some of the wrinkles LOL!

If I had a gift certificate that was a large enough amount to take my family on vacation I would take them all to Hawaii or maybe Israel. Not much for spending a lot of $$ on clothes and hair. I'm a clearance rack shopper!

As for a make over, how about a little liposuction (or a lot!). I have always wished I had my own personal hairdresser. Someone who could do my hair everyday. 

Thank you for sharing your book and here's hoping I am a winner.

Travel has always been my biggest indulgence. I'd much rather spend money on a trip than on a new wardrobe!

Hi
#3 I'd like to have a perm done and I'd like to have an ipad.
#4 I've always wanted a make-over but never had.

I read the intro of Beauty to Die for can't wait to get a copy. Good Luck everyone.

Mary Duff
missniceguy@hotmail.com

I would like to try a spa day, I have never been to a spa so it might be fun, but at the same time nervous for me as I don't really like people touching me. I would have to try the massage.

I'd get a haircut and some clothes.  With my job, I have to keep it up so I tend to let it go a long time between cuts.  My job also calls for a boring wardrobe, so that could use some help also!

I hear you with the work wardrobe. My job calls for two extremes, the shorts and sweatpants I wear at home when I write, and the really fancy, flashy stuff I wear when I do appearances. What I lack is all of that stuff in the middle--the nice slacks, blouses, etc., that a person with an office job would own by the dozens. If I didn't go to church, I wouldn't have any "regular" nice clothes at all. :)

Question 3. Knowing me, if I were given a gift certificate, I would spend it on my family. BUT ... to play by the rules and answer the question as if the gift had to be spent on myself, I would buy clothes. My job was downsized 3 years ago, and I never was able to find another one. Then, there were family situations that needed caregiving, so I am now "working for my family"!  I very seldom buy new clothes for myself since I don't work outside our home. It's a matter of want vs. need. I have what I need! I am truly blessed! Thank you for the opportunity to win a new book (I get used ones now!). I share my books with my 91-year-old mother-in-law and church friends. God bless!

I have a skin care program through the Mary Kay Timewise products. It's the only product I've found that works for my skin no matter where I am.

I do not follow a skin care program.  I have never worn make up except mascara and eye liner.  I was a working mother and single.  I didn't have the money for makeup and it became not important.

Oh, I've had a makeover. LOL! When I was in my 20s, I would often change my clothing style at least once a year, if not each season! However, my most memorable makeover was when I went with a completely different haircut and color. Oh, it DID. NOT. TURN. OUT. I had RED hair with WHITE BLONDE hair at my crown. I thought I could get used to it and be "funky" enough to carry it, but...I ended back up at the salon later that afternoon. It was horrendous!

Having said that, I would never shy away from a makeover!!! I love them and think they're refreshing and fun! I would love to have my hair and wardrobe made over, of course. I couldn't tell you what I'd want done, though I think I'd love more expensive clothes that would last longer (through more fashion seasons than just one or two) so I wouldn't "have" to have as many clothes. :) (I also admit to an addiction to handbags...designer handbags, much to my hubby's dismay. So throw in a new Kate Spade bag that I've been eyeballing, and I'll be good!)

Haha, you should read my book with Leslie Gould, The Amish Midwife. Our main character has a thing for designer handbags too. :)

I would buy a whole new wardrobe.  I am now on Weight Watchers and have lost over 60 pounds. I need new clothes and money is kind of tight. So if someone wants to give me money I will definitely buy new clothes with it then probably get my hair cut. 

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service