ABOUT AUTHOR: MINDY STARNS CLARK is the author of many books, which include the popular Smart Chick Mysteries and Whispers of the Bayou. In addition, Mindy's plays and musicals have been featured in schools and churches across the United States.

ABOUT AUTHOR: KIM ALEXIS

• Most people know Kim Alexis for her captivating physical beauty. But there's more to her story than meets the eye.
  • She started modeling at the age of 18 and amassed over 500 magazine covers but quickly launched into TV as a spokesperson, actress, host and commentator.
  • She grew up an athlete. She loves to try new sports and encourage other women in all levels of fitness and natural health.
  • She has written books about the modeling industry both fiction and non fiction. Her goal in life is: to encourage other women to be their best in all areas of life.

ABOUT BOOK: Juliette Taylor walked away from her career as a supermodel twenty-five years ago. Now approaching fifty – an emotionally complex milestone -- she co-owns a beauty supply company that makes skincare products for salons and spas. Her niche is pampering Christian women who usually spend more time caring for others than for themselves under the slogan:Isn’t it time someone took care of YOU for a change?When Juliette arrives at the Palm Grotto Spa to host a spiritual retreat, she runs into an old modeling colleague, Raven, who had always been disliked in the industry for many reasons. She isn’t there for the retreat; in fact, her presence at the spa is somewhat mysterious.Not long after Raven makes a cryptic threat to Juliette, the unsympathetic back-then beauty is found dead, poisoned by something in the green clay of a chai soy wrap. The following morning, a banner for the retreat has been unceremoniously altered:It’s your turn to be nurtured, to be restored . . . to be murdered.Suspicion is directed at Juliette who has history with Raven and certainly knows how to use beauty products. But for murder?! Now she must find the real killer before the police really take care of her.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THESE QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING.

1. How many of you have would like to go away to a Spa? What would you first like to experience?

2. How many of you follow a skin care program? If so what products to you use? If you won't what are some of your beauty secrets?

3. If someone gave you a gift certificate to buy what you desired and had a pretty large amount of money on it where would you go first? what would you do with it, buy clothes, make-up, get a hair-cut etc. things like that?

4. Have any of you had a make-over? Decided you wanted a change? If so, what did you change and how did it work out? Any of you want to sign up for a Make-Over? What would you like made over?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30th *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by SEPT 3rd

Views: 890

Replies to This Discussion

3.  If given a large amount of money to spend on myself, I'd definitely go shopping for clothes/shoes.   Sounds like fun!

The books sounds interesting too.  I enjoy a good mystery!

I would definitely get a clothes makeover.  

I would love to spend time at a spa where I could work on losing weight, relaxing, massage and just being spoiled but taking care of my body at the same time. Than once I have lost the weight, go out and buy a entire new wardrobe. This book sounds wonderful and would love to read it.

Blessings,

Jo

Hi Jo, sounds great! Unfortunately, the spas where you lose the most weight aren't usually the same spas where you relax and get spoiled. Haha, weight loss spas are often more like boot camps. But both kinds of spas are great at what they do.  Anybody remember the old Lucy show, where she and Ethel went to a weight loss spa and snuck in a bunch of chocolate bars?

3. If someone gave you a gift certificate to buy what you desired and had a pretty large amount of money on it where would you go first? what would you do with it, buy clothes, make-up, get a hair-cut etc. things like that?

I have been given money and usually most of it just goes in the bank for when I truly need something.  As the youngest of 9, there was never lots of extras in our house and I don't need much to make me happy.  Even gave up make up when I became full time caregiver to mom and dad in 2004.  An extra 10 mins. of sleep or make up...give me sleep any time.

When I do need something the money is there for me to use.

I love a good mystery and this one certainly sounds interesting.

#1, I think it would be fun to go to a spa and be pampered for a day, not being someone who takes time for make-up and such it would be fun to see what was done.

#4, I've never had a makeover, but think it would be fun.  Seeing what "experts" thought was a good look for me in hair and make-up and clothes.  I don't take much time with any of them.

I would love to go to a spa! I've had massages before and would love another one plus getting a pedi/mani. I think just the pampering would be wonderful to this several-chronic-pain-illnesses woman.....

The spa where Kim and I went to do the research for this book had the most amazing natural mineral pools. Rather than sulphur, which is the norm for most mineral springs, these were lithium pools.  The effects on the body were AMAZING, and I remember floating there thinking how awesome it would be to bring my mom back there, who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis. 

I would love a fashion makeover! I tend to always buy what I call uniform wardrobes. I find a outfit that is comfortable for me and somewhat decent looking and everything I buy is the same thing, different color. I am overweight and this is how I have dealt with it.

#1- I am scared to go a spa!!! I am not very comfortable with other people seeing me without clothes and all the the stories I hear seem to involve that! 

#2- I sort of have a skin routine, I have very sensitive skin, so it involves being very careful about what I put on my skin and taking good vitamins to support my liver and skin from the inside. 

#3- I would buy clothes....I have a certain particular style I love, and I get good pieces that I wear forever, but my good pieces are getting worn out and are expensive to replace. I love to sort of dress classic/vintage style. 

#4- No, I would probably not sign up for a make over as I am very particular about my likes and don't really care as much as what other people think I should look like. I would rather look like myself. I would love tips, if they would be willing to consider my personal beliefs and likes, to make that look better! Then I would love it! 

I loved Mindy Stearns Clark's mysteries...and would love to read this one!

Aw thanks, Martha! I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  Hope you get a chance to read it.

For what it's worth, most spas leave the level of nudity up to you. Certain types of treatments, such as lomi lomi massage (sp?) sort of require it, but most other kinds of massages and treatments allow you to disrobe only to your comfort level. Just FYI. :)

Who doesn't dream of a spoiled pampered day? First thing I would do is deep massage as long sad I could afford? Then facial, then full pidicure and manicure!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service