ABOUT VICKI HINZE: I was raised in New Orleans. After I married a Hurricane Hunter/Special Ops officer, we and our children moved every few years. Some of those places? Mississippi, California, Illinois and Florida. We spent a year in Texas (home to my husband), then settled down in Florida.

I've been writing full-time since 1987, have written over thirty books--novels and nonfiction books and articles--and for the last decade or so, I've spent a lot of time teaching new writers or running mentoring programs like WritersZone@yahoogroups.com, where I answer questions on the craft, business and writing life, sharing what I can. I also have a free online writers' library, ON WRITING, on my website:(www.vickihinze.com). Additional podcasts and feature articles are available there, too. I'm a sponsor of The Book Club Network, International Thriller Writers, and American Christian Fiction Writers.

Between family and writing commitments, I don't have as much time for hobbies as I once did. During baseball season, I'm hopping field to field to games. My favorite other activity? Home-improvement projects. I'm active in ITW, MWA, RWA, ACFW, NINC, ACRA, AG, AWSA and other writing organizations.

ABOUT BOOK: After losing everything, Della Jackson tries to begin again as an investigator. But she can't forget the past…and neither can someone else. Someone who won't let anyone—even Della's best friend, former special operative Paul Mason—stand in the way. As Della is stalked and those closest to her are targeted, both Della and Paul realize there's only one way to survive. They each have to face their greatest fears, overcome the scars of the past and dare to love again…before it's too late.
MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO ENTER DRAWING!!

Question one: 

Della Jackson's living room is empty, except for a rocking chair.  Her house, all but unlived in.  If you'd endured what she had, how would you cope?  Would you feel, or have you ever felt that you deserved nothing?  How did you cope with the event that made you feel that way?

Question Two: Do you buy print books or eBooks more often? Why?

Question Three:Who first introduced you to reading? When?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30th*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 1st

Views: 893

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure how I would cope if I was in Della's position. I do know I would always have hope and see the good things even if they are few. This will help keep the darkness away.

I buy both print and ebooks but lately I've been buying more ebooks. I've found some great ebook deals and that's why. I still like the feel of a print book and if there is a favorite book I try to get a print copy to keep on my shelves.

My parents introduced me to the reading. They would read to me as a child and when I could read I would raid the family bookshelves and the library. I've always thought books made great escapes and they still do!

Though I LOVE the feel of a solid book in my hands, and love hearing the noise of a page turning, I admit that I buy way more eBooks than paperbacks/hardcovers. This is only because I have hundreds of books on my Kindle that I have access to at all times; it's much easier than carrying around the two to four books I have on the go at any time! Plus, I think my husband would croak if our entire house was lined with nothing but bookcases.... ;)

Print books for now, would like to get a ebook reader later.

My moms oldest sister introduced me to reading with the Mandie Series, I was hooked from then on. I have been told I have loved books since I was a toddler.

Prefer print books .....this is what I buy....just like that book in my hands :)

I love print books but in the last year I have gotten many ebooks free for kindle. I prefer print really because I can take them outside and my batteries aren't dying by reading...   If I didn't love reading outside in the fresh air I woudl ebook moreso probably...

I was first introduced to reading by Mrs. Swanson - my first grade teacher.  I will hold her dear and in my heart for introducing me to a very big part of my life!!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service