ABOUT VICKI HINZE: I was raised in New Orleans. After I married a Hurricane Hunter/Special Ops officer, we and our children moved every few years. Some of those places? Mississippi, California, Illinois and Florida. We spent a year in Texas (home to my husband), then settled down in Florida.

I've been writing full-time since 1987, have written over thirty books--novels and nonfiction books and articles--and for the last decade or so, I've spent a lot of time teaching new writers or running mentoring programs like WritersZone@yahoogroups.com, where I answer questions on the craft, business and writing life, sharing what I can. I also have a free online writers' library, ON WRITING, on my website:(www.vickihinze.com). Additional podcasts and feature articles are available there, too. I'm a sponsor of The Book Club Network, International Thriller Writers, and American Christian Fiction Writers.

Between family and writing commitments, I don't have as much time for hobbies as I once did. During baseball season, I'm hopping field to field to games. My favorite other activity? Home-improvement projects. I'm active in ITW, MWA, RWA, ACFW, NINC, ACRA, AG, AWSA and other writing organizations.

ABOUT BOOK: After losing everything, Della Jackson tries to begin again as an investigator. But she can't forget the past…and neither can someone else. Someone who won't let anyone—even Della's best friend, former special operative Paul Mason—stand in the way. As Della is stalked and those closest to her are targeted, both Della and Paul realize there's only one way to survive. They each have to face their greatest fears, overcome the scars of the past and dare to love again…before it's too late.
MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO ENTER DRAWING!!

Question one: 

Della Jackson's living room is empty, except for a rocking chair.  Her house, all but unlived in.  If you'd endured what she had, how would you cope?  Would you feel, or have you ever felt that you deserved nothing?  How did you cope with the event that made you feel that way?

Question Two: Do you buy print books or eBooks more often? Why?

Question Three:Who first introduced you to reading? When?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30th*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 1st

Views: 893

Replies to This Discussion

2) I buy mostly print books to the chagrin of my dad. I have enough books to open my own used bookstore or library! I just love the feeling of holding a book that transports me to another place, making new friends, and actually turning a real page. I do have quite a few ebooks but all but about 4 of them have been free downloads. I just feel that if I'm going to spend money on a book it should be in a printed form because after all digital books are "technology" and technology does fail and if I'm spending money I don't want to lose my book. There's less chance of losing a printed book than digital. Some people may disagree with me but that's ok it's my preference/feeling. I would love to win this book as it's in y favorite genre and I can't find a store that sells this line anymore :(

Just in the past year, I've come to prefer ebooks on my Kindle. Space saver and I can read by the attached book light without disturbing my husband. :) That's especially true of fiction. However, if it's a spiritual growth book or a "how to" writing book, I tend to like the real thing so I can highlight what I'm reading / learning.

I LOVE your book cover by the way. It makes you wonder what's going on.  :-) 

Thank you for this give away offer!

My parents were avid readers! It was a main activity in our home. I learned to read at school but read for pleasure, adventure, and knowledge from then on. My parents would read several books at a time and I find I do the same thing. Love, love, love to read! I use a Nook, but borrow books from the library or buy them, too.

#3 I can't remember a time when I didn't read. As a grade-schooler we lived in a small town where I could walk to the library in the summer. The town and library were so small that the library was only opened 3 afternoons a week. I would go on Monday afternoon and check out the maximum number of books that was allowed. Then I would return them on Friday afternoon and check out another batch. It was a wonderful way to spend the summer days. My maternal grandmother is the one who instilled a love of reading in me. Though her formal education only went to the eighth grade she was very well read. She completed very textbook that her children brought home from school. When I would visit she and I would spend hours talking about books and other subjects. She was amazing.

I buy print books because I don't have an ereader.

I love my ereader!  It can hold so many books and keeps me turning pages forever.  Never thought I would give up the feel of a book, but I have fallen in love with it.  Seems I can read faster ;)  I still have my library of books that I go back to as I like to re-read my favourites.

I buy both ebooks and paperback. I enjoy both but I like holding paperback in my hands and turning the pages sometimes.

To your last question I can't tell you how young I was when I started reading but I was real little and I can't ever remember not reading. I remember when we always had 2 or 3 cars in the yard and everyday I use to read so I would grab a book and find a key unlock the door and get in the car where it was quiet and hide to be alone to read. To this day I miss not being able to do that but I just go to the bedroom and read so no one will bother me.

Thank you for the drawing I hope I win a copy it sounds really interesting. Good Luck everyone.

Mary Duff

#3 My love for reading is a gift from my mother. She sacrificed to buy me books when I was a child. The monthly Scholastic book clubs at school and grocery store offerings kept me feeding my desire to read. Her patience and love allowed me to read Green Eggs and Ham aloud to the poor woman dozens of times right after I mastered reading sentences. :0)

Q2 - I love print books, there is nothing like curling up (preferably with one of my cats on my lap) and folding back the covers of a book.

Q3 - I was first introduced to reading as a small child. I come from a family of teachers and my My Mom was studying to become an English teacher but was never able to finish college so reading is something that has always fun through our family. I fondly recall her taking me to libraries and teaching me how to look up information and how to check out books.

I generally buy print books. There is just something so satisfying about holding a book in your hands while reading it. I do have a Kindle app for my laptop, but so far the only books I've downloaded to it have been free.

2.  I don't read ebooks. I only read print. I don't have an ereader and don't feel I need one. I like to feel the book in my hand and be able to turn the pages. Plus I pass all my books onto others.

My parents introduced me to reading.  I remember them teaching me to sound out letter sounds using the famous DIck and Jane books.  My passion for reading grew as I got older.  I was an avid reader as a child, teen and now an adult.  I have encouraged that passion in my own children (who are also avid readers!!)  So, thank you mom and dad (and Dick and Jane, too)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service