ABOUT VICKI HINZE: I was raised in New Orleans. After I married a Hurricane Hunter/Special Ops officer, we and our children moved every few years. Some of those places? Mississippi, California, Illinois and Florida. We spent a year in Texas (home to my husband), then settled down in Florida.

I've been writing full-time since 1987, have written over thirty books--novels and nonfiction books and articles--and for the last decade or so, I've spent a lot of time teaching new writers or running mentoring programs like WritersZone@yahoogroups.com, where I answer questions on the craft, business and writing life, sharing what I can. I also have a free online writers' library, ON WRITING, on my website:(www.vickihinze.com). Additional podcasts and feature articles are available there, too. I'm a sponsor of The Book Club Network, International Thriller Writers, and American Christian Fiction Writers.

Between family and writing commitments, I don't have as much time for hobbies as I once did. During baseball season, I'm hopping field to field to games. My favorite other activity? Home-improvement projects. I'm active in ITW, MWA, RWA, ACFW, NINC, ACRA, AG, AWSA and other writing organizations.

ABOUT BOOK: After losing everything, Della Jackson tries to begin again as an investigator. But she can't forget the past…and neither can someone else. Someone who won't let anyone—even Della's best friend, former special operative Paul Mason—stand in the way. As Della is stalked and those closest to her are targeted, both Della and Paul realize there's only one way to survive. They each have to face their greatest fears, overcome the scars of the past and dare to love again…before it's too late.
MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO ENTER DRAWING!!

Question one: 

Della Jackson's living room is empty, except for a rocking chair.  Her house, all but unlived in.  If you'd endured what she had, how would you cope?  Would you feel, or have you ever felt that you deserved nothing?  How did you cope with the event that made you feel that way?

Question Two: Do you buy print books or eBooks more often? Why?

Question Three:Who first introduced you to reading? When?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30th*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 1st

Views: 890

Replies to This Discussion

i ususally will buy an ebook cuz of the storage problem. but i love holding a book , usually an ARC from the publishers, in my hands.

#3 - As a child growing up, we didn't have much money but one thing I did have was Friday night trips to town and and I could go to the library, that is where I learned to love to read.  My most favourite reads are mysteries I am not an adventurous person by nature but through the books I've read..........I've had lots of adventures.

question 3 

Well since I am 52 and remember reading since before I started school I don't remember but I guess it would have to be my mom or grandma. My grandma has told me I was always writing and looking at books. She said even in my playpen I wanted my books.I buy ebooks because it is easier to carry my books with me

I buy print books more often.  I still can't get over the feel of a book in my hands.  I'm trying so hard to transfer to my Kindle especially since the Kindle is so easy to carry everywhere.

My mom introduced me to reading . I remember going through books circleing all the words I knew. I had to be able to write my own name in order to get a library card. I was 3 1/2 when I got it.

These days I buy e-books more often to read on my Nook Color. I initially fought the idea of an e-reader because I have always loved the feel of a "real" book in my hands. I have to say that after finally giving in to the e-book era, I am always excited that I can carry my library around with me in such a compact way. I have almost 500 books on my Nook and can read several at once if I so choose.

Question 1 is quite a thought provoker. I think I have felt that I deserve nothing in the sense that I have never been as good as God requires, but having an understanding of grace I know it's not about what I can do to earn salvation and the blessings of God, but it is all about Jesus. In that sense I feel I deserve nothing yet have been given the priceless eternal gift of salvation.

From a material point of view I have often been around people who have quite a bit more possissions than I have when considering home size and furnishings, etc. When I was younger I would feel covetous, but I now have contentment in regards to such things. I use to question why do I have so little and others have so much. But when I consider lifestyle choices, I am glad I went the road to less rather than more. What we see here on earth is not all the treasures to be found when one considers eternal life. My hope chest is up in heaven.

It would be wonderful to receive a copy of your book by being the winner!

Blessings,

Janice

I buy books and I also have a kindle reader. My choice is still paper, there is just something wonderful about holding a book.  On the other hand, I have many books on my kindle. Tough question, paper is better to me.

Kindle great for the purse.

I noticed on the member map that it looks like you are right around the area of Florida where I grew up! My family is all still there. I miss the beautiful ocean!

I would say my parents introduced me to reading. Especially my Dad. All of my life, and still today, his idea of a perfect Father's Day or Birthday is; lunch out, hours at the bookstore and then a game of pool to close the evening. But the essential portion of the day is the hours at the bookstore -  and it's something every person of my family enjoys.

I started reading at a very early age. My mom was not a reader at all but my dad was very much a avid reader and since I was Daddy's girl, I had to read as well. My mom did take me to the library all the time and when I started getting an allowance, I started to buy Nancy Drew books. I loved going to my grandmothers house where there was a book store a few blocks away that we could go to for me to buy books.

Answer to question 3; I love the feel of a real book but since I have a Kindle and I live with a hubby who doesn't like to see books laying around, lately I have been buying e-books. :)

I usually buy paper books but do try to pick up free ebooks for my Kindle...which I only use on vacation.

And it was my parents who started me reading. They were great readers themselves and although money was short, we always received a book at Christmas. But the public library was also very instrumental in fostering my love of books....God bless libraries!!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service