Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

ABOUT AUTHOR SUZANNE WILLIAMS- Suzanne is a native Floridian, wife, and mother. She writes a monthly column on digital photography for the Steve’s Digicams website. She is an author of both nonfiction and fiction books. She also works in graphic design and is a professional proofreader.

Author’s Blog: http://suzanne-williams-photography.blogspot.com/

Amazon site for the book: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008DFT1VS or http://www.amazon.com/Missing-The-Sanders-Saga-Volume/dp/1475294913/
Create Space site for the book: https://www.createspace.com/3867174

Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/suzannedwilliamsauthor
Book Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSYgV1vWLYY
About Book: This first book in the Sanders Saga tells the intimate stories of three generations of one family all touched by war.
Adele Davis' husband, John, is missing in action. A chance encounter with Stephen Sanders, himself also a Vietnam veteran, brings love back into her life. Yet should she love again?
Amos and Elizabeth Sanders sent their sixteen-year-old son, Andrew, off to fight the War Between the States, but he never returned. In their searching, a strange twist of fate changes their lives and the lives of those around them forever.
Molly Pratt has a secret. But then so does Doug Sanders. Will his secret from World War II and her personal tragedy ruin their chance at happiness forever?

This book is dedicated to all who have served and most especially to those who didn't survive.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!
Question 1:In each story, the main characters are dealing with secrets. Adele hasn't told Stephen about her husband, John. Doug and Molly both have secrets from each other, which threaten their marriage. The secret of another individual prevents healing in Amos and Elizabeth Sanders. In each story, the truth emerges in different ways, most of them out of their personal control.

Is there a secret that you kept for another? Or perhaps a secret you kept from other people? Without telling what it is, how do you feel this affected those around you? Was it good or bad? Is telling the truth always the best thing to do?

Question 2:All three stories involve the military. Adele's husband, John Davis, is missing in action. Amos and Elizabeth Sander's son, Andrew, never returned home from his service in the Union Army. Doug Sanders served as a paratrooper in World War II. I am an avid believer in honoring our soldiers and veterans.

How do you honor military soldiers and veterans? Do you have any personal stories of families or friends who've served? Or what do you do on patriotic holidays like Memorial Day, Veteran's Day or July 4th to remember?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30 *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by September 3rd

Views: 573

Replies to This Discussion

I have offered up prayers for the troops and sent a care package to be given to one who is serving who i do not know. I have given donations to Guideposts for distribution of the magazine to the troops and I have donated money for Bibles to be given out. Since I work with children's Sunday School I have been thinking of having the children make cards to send over to the VA hospital for distribution. There are many ways to honor those who are serving and have served in our nation's military. My father was retired from the military so I recognize the importance of honoring those who have given so much.

It would be great to read your book with the three stories. And of course, it would be great to win it!

Blessings, Janice

Hello, Janice. It's wonderful that you encourage children in the importance of honoring our military, and perhaps more important that you take the time to pray. Prayer spans distances that our physical bodies cannot.

We are big supports of Brad's Brigade, that is sponsered by the Houston Dynamo, which honors the military.

I have not personally kept a secret from my loved ones but it did happen in my husband's family of origin....and when it came to light, it was devastating to those concerned....not the facts as much as the secrecy. So, I do NOT think it is good to keep secrets from those you love.

My father was killed during the Korean War.  I was 5 years old, my brother was 6 and my baby sister was 18months.  I couldn't even imagine what my mom went through until I became a mother myself.   We have talked a lot about it in the last few years and his death has affected all of us in different ways.

My husband and I belong to an organization called OMN (Operation Minnesota Nice).   We "adopt" a soldier who is serving overseas and send a package to him or her every month until he returns home.   It has been a wonderful way for us to stay involved in what our military is doing now.   Both of our birth sons have served in the military -- one in the Army and one in the Marines.  Our Army son served in Iraq for a year, so as you can guess, there were a lot of packages and prayers being sent his way!!!!

Dianne, I so appreciate your father's sacrifice. It is stories like yours that encouraged me to write the book.

How do you honor military soldiers and veterans? I thank them in person by shaking their hand whenever I see a soldier or veteran and tell them thank-you for fighting for my freedom and our country, I also pray for them. Do you have any personal stories of families or friends who've served? Yes, my dad served in the army and that is how he met my mom.  Or what do you do on patriotic holidays like Memorial Day, Veteran's Day or July 4th to remember? Honor all that I can, remember what people gave up for our country and  my family. Clebrate our freedom!

Thank-you and Blessings, MaryAnn

MaryAnn, my grandfather served in the Coast Guard during World War II. My father was in the military during Vietnam, though he didn't serve overseas. I appreciate that you have such a heart to honor our soldiers and veterans.

My sister and I kept a family secret for many years. We had planned to tell our children when they were old enough to understand situations and circumstances. Presuming the kids knew, another family member talked about it to my niece. My sister and I knew we had to share the story with the other kids immediately, since one of them now knew. I don't regret my decision to wait, but it was hard dealing with not being able to do it when I felt it was right for my son, niece and nephew. Thankfully, they were all young adults at the time and had no hard feelings toward anyone in the family. God is good, all the time! Thank you for the opportunity to win a book by a new author for me. I share my books wih my 91-year-old mother-in-law and church friends.

God is indeed good all the time. I agree with you. Thank you for checking out my book. I love sharing my books with others. There are a great many excellent indie authors out there whose books are well worth reading and by sharing we help each other.

I served 4 years in the military so it has a special place in my heart. Our church has collected semi loads for military families for quite a few years now. There isn't enough we can do for our military.

Thank you for your service!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service