ABOUT AUTHOR: RUTHIE LEWIS

LET YOUR GLOW SHOW!! is the bedrock for everything Ruthie Lewis writes and speaks about. She is an Author, Speaker & Life Coach.
When gut-wrenching circumstances shook her from a life of have-to / supposed-to, her only lifeline was to reconnect to her inner light.  Then, her worst nightmare left her buried under an avalanche of inconceivable darkness.

After excavating the tiniest spark from the rubble, Ruthie’s passion to write, and lead others to live their inner light is not only miraculous, it’s contagious, its flame brighter than any firefly’s glow! A message so powerful it will make your toes tingle.
Ruthie resides in Edmond, OK and is the mother of two amazing grown sons, and a daughter who was a life-long dancer and brought light into the lives of everyone who knew her, and now dances with Jesus.
“Fireflies” is set for official release on Sept. 11.  Until then you can get your pre-release, autographed copy on her website: www.RuthieLewis.com.

Ruthie would love to hear from you!! Your story; how “Fireflies” has impacted your life; or for speaking. Contact Ruthie: www.RuthieLewis.com  - Follow her blog by clicking on the blog page. Also, join her on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn

ABOUT BOOK: I'm so different now, so different from the naive high school senior full of heart and dreams. Like a firefly whose very being lights up a summer night like a Fourth of July sparkler, my soul's light was at its brightest.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING. 

1.When you think of living a life of have-to / supposed-to, as Tammy discovered she was, what do you think of, and what feelings does it provoke?

2.What was the most difficult issue addressed in “Fireflies”, or the most difficult to read about in Christian Fiction? 2.  “Fireflies” addresses very difficult issues. Why do you feel the issue of abuse is so difficult and misunderstood, and does religiosity have anything to do with it?

3.While the “Christian Fiction” genre has come so far out of the stereotypes, it seems, especially with the trashy stuff breaking bestselling records, that maybe it’s time to unhinge the boxes we’ve been put in, and instead of trash, write stories that are about all of real life. What are your feelings on this?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30th *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 3rd

Views: 618

Replies to This Discussion

'have to' and 'suppose to' may be 'old wives tales'  or society driven.  sometimes you have to follow your inner voice and press on .

EXACTLY!!

1) I do this to myself... and it produces feelings of guilt, feelings or failure and worthlessness.

that's the point, Sabrina.  We do it to ourselves.  Have-to sounds like someone is doing it to you - but we choose to allow that lid to be put on our jar (life). 

Thanks so much for your comment!!

LET YOUR GLOW SHOW!!

This book sounds really good. I think Christian authors should write about all of life, not just gloss over things. Life is messy, life is dirty, life is tough, and although I am a Christian who loves God, I find myself sometimes making a mess of things and failing God miserably. I don't think authors need to sugar coat everything and make books all sweet and 'nice'. Write the gritty, write about sexual struggles, I mean, even as Christians all of us are human! 

Thank you, Sherri for your comments!!  You're so right and it is possible to write about the real and include fun and adventure and a little dreaming.

HAPPY READING!!

2. I feel the issue of abuse is so difficult and misunderstood because some people that have been abused are scared to tell someone who could help them because of fear that person will look down on them.Also sometimes the abusers threaten the abused so they won't say anything.I do feel religiosity has something to do with it.All abuse saddens me including when a leader in a church abuses someone.That's one of the last places you would expect abuse to take place

You're so right, Katie.  It is a very misunderstood subject, has many different ways and kinds, and all controlled by fear (addressed in "Fireflies" :) ).  Religiosity has everything to do with it and no less of it is among Christians than anyone else.

HAPPY READING!!

I feel that more real life areas should be addressed in Christian fiction and also the real cures for the problems shown as to how Christ is the answer to those things many deal with. The story may be fiction, but very much real to those who have gone through what the plot is..

That makes for a good read !

Yes, Linda, we need to know how to deal with these things with love and grace and mercy instead of knowing that many people we know may be hiding very difficult issues in their lives.

LET YOUR GLOW SHOW!!

Ruthie lewis~Thak you so much!!! I feel bleesed to have been choosen. Your interview reminded me of a stry long covered up. I look forward to your book, hopefully you will get to personalize them. Stay blessed, be reminded how gifted you are every. Your smile is contagious!!

Jenn

I am so looking forward to reading your book.  Thanks for picking me.

Blessings

Shannon Hogan

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service