ABOUT AUTHOR: PENNY ZELLER is the author of several books and numerous magazine articles. She is also the author of the blog "A Day in the Life of a Wife, Mom, and Author" www.pennyzeller.wordpress.comwhere she also provides weekly doses of inspiration and humor, along with movie reviews, and interviews with some of her favorite author friends.

Penny is an active volunteer in her community, devoting her time to assisting and nurturing women and children into a closer relationship with Christ. 

Among other books, Penny is the author of McKenzie, Kaydie, and Hailee in her Montana Skies Historical Romance Series and 77 Ways Your Family Can Make a Difference: Ideas and Activities for Serving Others. She is currently working on an historical romance series that takes place right after the Civil War.

When she's not writing, Penny enjoys spending time with her family and camping, hiking, canoeing, and playing volleyball.  While she is generally a health nut, Penny does have one small weakness: hot tamales (yes, the little red candy kind!)

Penny loves to hear from her readers at her website, www.pennyzeller.com and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pennyzellerbooks

BOOK TRAILER FOR HAILEE BELOW

ABOUT BOOK ONE - KAYDIE - Desperate times call for desperate measures" is the reasoning that prompts McKenzie Worthington, a young lady of Boston's high society, to respond to an ad for a mail-order bride for a man in the Montana Territory. McKenzie is desperate, after all, to save her beloved younger sister, Kaydie, from her evil, abusive husband, who robs banks for a living. And so, it is with reckless determination that McKenzie runs away from the comforts of home and hearth to head West and meet her new husband-whom she'll divorce, of course, after she rescues her sister.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures" is the reasoning that also prompts Zachary Sawyer, a rugged rancher after God's own heart, to post an ad for a mail-order bride in various newspapers across the country. Managing a ranch and caring for his adoptive son, Davey, has become more than one man can handle alone, and Zach prays for God to send him a wife with whom to build a life and share his dreams.

When McKenzie arrives at Zach's ranch, she immediately puts her plan in motion, searching for her sister and doing all she can to keep her new husband from forming an attachment. But his persistent kindness and significant self-sacrifices begin to change her heart-and ruin her plans. God has a way of working things out to the good of those who love Him, though, as McKenzie and Kaydie will soon see.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING.

Question 1
McKenzie - a mail order bride with one goal in mind - to rescue her sister...
Kaydie - a
 naive woman realizing things are not as they seem...
Hailee - a young school teacher looking to forget her past...
McKenzie, Kaydie, and Hailee each travel to the rugged Montana Territory. Would you be brave enough to leave the comforts of your city home and venture to the unsettled West in the late 1800s? Would you prefer to have lived in a city during that time period or on the western frontier? Why?

Question 2
Lucille Granger, a kindhearted but nosy gossip in Pine Haven, Montana, is one of my readers' favorite characters and she appears in all three of my Montana Skies Historical Romance Novels. She provides constant humor through her matchmaking antics and busybody ways. Who in your life brings a smile or laughter to your day?

********DISCLAIMEREntering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 3rd

Views: 1108

Replies to This Discussion

Your friend Kristi sounds like such an amazing woman, Sherri! The mere fact that she keeps such a positive attitude in light of her disabilities and how she cares for animals is such a testimony to her character. God Bless!

Would you be brave enough to leave the comforts of your city home and venture to the unsettled West in the late 1800s? Would you prefer to have lived in a city during that time period or on the western frontier? Why?

Having done a tiny bit of research about city living conditions in the 1800', I don't think the conforts that matter to me now existed back then for example: plumbing and electricity. Those are the only "comforts" that would make me stay in a city. I would have had a difficult time leaving family behind in those days because of the likely hood of  never seeing them again or at least not that often. I believe I would have prefered to live on the western frontier then as I do not like crowds and excessive noise. I would have prefered the quiet and fresh air out west. Penny, I read the excerpts of these books on your webpage. The stories sound interesting, intriguing and fun:)

Good Evening, Ingerlise! You make a great point - the things that matter to us now didn't exist back then and the quietness and fresh air of the west would be so much more preferable!

Thank you for taking the time to read the excerpts from my books and for your sweet compliment. I really appreciate you!

Usually, my husband is the one who makes me laugh.  I try not to let him know, however, that I think he's funny. I'm not sure why I react that way though . . . .

What a blessing to have a husband who makes you laugh, Carla! My husband says and does the funniest things sometimes as well. I love how they are so different from us, LOL!

I used to think I would have loved living in the covered wagon days, but now I'm happy watching Gunsmoke!  Most things in life make me smile, but the latest addition to our family, our adopted cat Charlie is so funny & such crazy little thing, he makes us laugh a lot!

Robin in NC

Hi Robin~ Your comment made me laugh! I have to agree, tho, I would rather write about the olden days than live in the olden days. :) What fun to have your adopted cat, Charlie! I hope you have a wonderful week. :)

#1 I think I would do somehting like that as I am a person who likes to stay at home and take care of others but also check out other new things to me (the horses and ranch life)

Hi Julie ~ Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I admire you greatly that you enjoy caring for others. God Bless!

My friends bring out laughter in my life...and they make me smile as well.

Aren't friends such a blessing, Dena? I hope you have a fantastic week!

who brings laughter and joy in my life is my little 2 year old grandaughter......she is sooo smart!!!! She is soooo precious!!!!!! Betsy Schaknowski

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service