ABOUT AUTHOR: Peggy Blann Phifer 

Peggy Blann Phifer is an author and columnist, book reviewer and author interviewer, whose work has appeared on various Web sites and writer periodicals both in print and online. She is also an avid reader who loves to escape by diving between the covers of a good book. Peg enjoys handcrafts of all kinds and her home shows off some of her work, though most end up as gifts for friends and family. A retired executive assistant, Peg now makes her home in southern Nevada with husband of 25 years, Jim.
TO SEE THE SUN is her debut novel, released January 2012
Contact her at her website at: http://peggyblannphifer.com
Visit her blog “Whispers in Purple" at http://www.whispersinpurple.com
Facebook.com/pegphifer
Twitter.com/pegphifer

ABOUT BOOK:  Pregnant and widowed hadn't been part of her “happily ever after” dream. And now, someone was trying to kill her . . .

Erin Macintyre never expected to be a widow and a new mother in the same year, anymore than she expected mysterious notes, threatening phone calls, and a strange homeless man who seems to know all about her. The thought of raising a child without a father is daunting enough—worse when you have no idea who might want to harm you. Put an old flame into the mix, and her life begins a tailspin into a world she never knew existed.
When P.I. Clay Buchanan, stumbles upon Erin at her husband's gravesite, he’s totally unprepared for her advanced pregnancy. Her venomous reaction at seeing him, however, was predictable. But Clay can’t let her distrust, or his guilt, get in the way—not when he has evidence that proves Erin’s life is in danger.
With few options left, Erin begrudgingly accepts Clay’s help . . . and it just might be her undoing.

Read the first chapter at: http://peggyblannphifer.com/my_books.htm
Buy Links:

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1.Erin and Clay live in Las Vegas. To most of the world, my adopted home town is thought of as "Sin City." Yet people like Erin and Clay live and work here, raise their families, go to church and school, just like folks in any other city. I wanted to show that. Pre-conceived ideas. Ever had any? Things you "assumed" were so but found out they weren't? Share some that really surprised you. The times when "things aren't as they seem" happened.

2. If you've never been here, what comes into your mind when you hear "Las Vegas?" If you havebeen here, what pre-conceived images were blown away when you arrived? If any. Where did you go? What sights did you see? Were you pleased, or disappointed? Don't worry, I won't hold it against you

********DISCLAIMEREntering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30th*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 3rd

Views: 1478

Replies to This Discussion

I've never been to Las Vegas and the only thing I can really think of is "Lights" in the desert, a very flashy place.

Yes, Theresa, the lights are phenomenal. One of the first things we do when we get visitors is to drive them down the Strip at night. It is really breathtaking.

I have never been to Vegas before but I am thinking it is lots of people and lots of lights and sounds everywhere. I imagine you can see just about anything there.

Angela, you've got that right! You CAN, and WILL see just about anything. But beyond the lights and sounds, the surrounding area is beautiful, if you know where to go. 

#2. When I think of Las Vegas i think of lots of light, a city that never sleeps.  I am from a small province in Canada, so we don't have the Christian concerts by famous artists, and we don't have the opportunity to attend the christian conferences but when you look at their schedules, Las Vegas is always on them maybe more than once so even though it might be considered by some a city of sin there is still alot of amazing things happening things and opporunties that are happening there, someday soon I will be going there to check it out in person.

I hope you can get here one day, Lynnette. The concerts and shows can be pricey, and we haven't been to many in recent years. We had an opportunity to go and see the Oak Ridge Boys a few years ago, for FREE. But hubby was sick and we couldn't go. And I don't like doing things like that alone. I was broken-hearted. 

1. We all have preconceived ideas about people and places to a certain extent. In slight contrast to the City of Las Vegas I had preconceived ideas about Orlando. Everyone, myself included, only thinks of Theme Parks when considering Orlando, but when I went there, it is apparent there is so much more to it than that. There  are wide open spaces, parks, shopping malls for the locals and the people are really lovely. In contrast to the glitz and glamour there are many extremely poor areas as I saw when I took a local bus around the city one day. Everyone forgets about the local people in places such as this. Those who support all the tourist attractions, but also all the law enforcement, medical personnel, first responders, who keep buses, cabs, electricity, gas etc running. There are two sides to every story and Orlando, and I would expect, Las Vegas are examples of this.

You're absolutely correct, Wendy. It seems that the touristy places such as Orlando and Vegas are all about their specific draw. And that's often why most people can't see beyond that part. Vegas is made up of people who live beyond the 3 G's: Gambling, Glitz and Glamour, even though many work in that industry. And every city, large or small, has it's dark side, I believe. One thing I think people here have become immune to is the homeless situation. They're so prevalent everywhere they've become almost invisible. And that's a tragedy. Thank you for your insight.

I have been to Las Vegas twenty years ago. I loved the bright lights on the strip, the hub-bub at all hours. As I country girl, I found the city exciting. We rented a car to drive to Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. I was shocked at how barren it was. It was like the surface of the moon, compared to my home state of Ohio. Since I had never seen desert, I couldn't believe life could be sustained without trees and green things. (you must have tons of time without weeds to pull...smile)

Hi, Mary. Yes, the drive out to the dam is not to be missed. And the spanking new bridge they built high above the river, opened to traffic just last year, gives almost an airplane view of the entire area. Yes, it's stark, but there's beauty in that starkness. The sun does amazing things to the rocks surrounding our valley. A fantastic place for a photographer with imagination. Weeds? The only weeds we pull up are the dandelions in the front yard. We've often talked about digging up the lawn and putting in water-efficient desert landscaping. But our house isn't your typical brown or off-white stucco. It's a wood-frame one-story more suited to somewhere in New England! 

I have visited once as my brother in law lives and works there and yeah the city party is like sin city but it  desn't take you lng to find the desert where life goes on and families raise their families. If i was to go back again i'd want to see more of the desert=we only visited 6 state or national parks in the area where we got out of the car and walked around and felt the stones and boulders and petrified wood. i'd want to see where he is part of a co-op where they raise everthing they need to survive.

Oh, Julie, if you can ever get back here again, YES, by all means check out the surrounding area beyond the city. Visit Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire, which is part of the Lake Mead National Recreation Park. Then drive out to Hoover Dam, still a marvel of engineering. And as I mentioned above, that new bridge is astounding.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service