ABOUT AUTHOR: Mary Ellis grew up near the Amish and fell in love with them. She has now written nine bestselling novels set in their communities. When not writing, she enjoys gardening, bicycling, and swimming. Before "retiring" to write full-time, Mary taught school and worked as a sales rep for Hershey Chocolate. Her debut Christian book, A Widow's Hope, was a finalist for the 2010 ACFW Carols.

www.maryellis.net
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mary-Ellis/126995058236

ABOUT BOOK: Living in Harmony is the first book in bestselling author Mary Ellis's New Beginnings series. It's about fresh starts and love...and how faith in God and His perfect plan for our lives provides us with the peace and joy we desire.

Amy King--young, engaged, and Amish--faces difficult challenges in her life when she suddenly loses both of her parents in a house fire. Her fiancé, John Detweiler, persuades her and her sister Nora to leave Lancaster County and make a new beginning with him in Harmony, Maine, where he has relatives who can help the women in their time of need.

John's brother Thomas and sister-in-law Sally readily open their home to the three newcomers. Wise beyond his years, Thomas, a minister in the district, refuses to marry Amy and John upon their arrival, suggesting instead a period of adjustment and counseling. During this time Amy discovers an aunt who was shunned. She wishes to reconnect with her, but this puts a strain on her relationship with John.

Can John and Amy find a way to live in happily in Harmony before making a lifetime commitment to one another?

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING! 

#1. In Living in Harmony, following a family tragedy, Amy King moves to Maineto live with her fiance's relatives, to help her forget. Often moving is a good option to help heal pain. Did you ever relocate after a difficult event, even temporarily, and did it help you heal?

#2.Amy struggles with the idea of bending to a husband's will, as mandated in Scripture. Oddly, a shunned aunt brings her closer to John by helping her surrender her will to God. Have you ever struggled with the husband as the head-of-the-family in your own marriage?

#3. What do you like reading about most - in reference to Amish live style, what do you like least?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 22nd*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by August 26th

Views: 1615

Replies to This Discussion

#2 - No, my husband has never done that to me. We talk things over and then make decisions.

That's pretty much how it works in my house too.

That's the way it should be, Wendy. thanks for posting a comment.

Yes, I did move many years ago to try and start a new life.  It did not work, it only created more things to deal with on top of what I already had going on.  I eventually moved back.  I am glad to be out of the mess that developed where I moved to, but still dealing with some of the problems that I had to begin with.  Living and learning everyday.

sometimes hindsight is 20/20, no? thanks for commenting.

sounds like you've got a strong foundation now, and a good head on your shoulders. many blessings!

Yes, after an abusive relationship turned physical I needed to leave my home with my baby. It was difficult, but necessary. A long painful journey, and sometimes I think that it is still not over even though 25 years have passed. But God is faithful and continues to remind me that I am forgiven and loved.

so glad to hear that's 25 years in the past. May God bless you.

#2.Amy struggles with the idea of bending to a husband's will, as mandated in Scripture. Oddly, a shunned aunt brings her closer to John by helping her surrender her will to God. Have you ever struggled with the husband as the head-of-the-family in your own marriage?

I would have to answer yes I struggled in the beginning of my marriage with this, even though I wanted to live with husband head of the household in my mind, my heart had a hard time following that concept.  It took a great deal of prayer on my part to change.   I could have never gotten there without God.  I surrendered my will to him as well as our marriage.  And he has blessed me.  Not that everything is perfect (it's not in any marriage) but it is pretty wonderful.  

Beautiful! marriage is a hard road sometimes, no? I've been married for 38 years. But I'm so glad I said "yes" all those years ago.

perhaps time will soften his decision. right now my husband says we must wait to get another dog. ours died in December. I've never been this long without a dog. But we do have a cat.

Hi

I would have to say I never struggled with the Biblical view of the husband as head of the house. Before we married we discussed this and came to the conclusion that we were partners, but if it ever came to a knockdown dragout as to which way things would go, his would be the final say.

The Bible says for husbands to love their wives as Christ loves the church. I can truely say I have never regretted letting my husband have the final say...it takes he pressure off of me.  lol

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service