ABOUT AUTHOR: Linda Windsor is the best-selling, award-winning author of more than thirty novels, with more than a million books in print. Her most recent work includes Healer and Thief, the first two volumes in the Brides of Alba series, and the early Irish Celtic Fires of Gleannmaratrilogy. 

ABOUT BOOK: With Merlin dead, the succession undecided, and the Celtic church on the defensive from Rome, intrigue sweeps the court of the High King Arthur. But it’s battlefield news that consumes Queen Gwenhyfar’s young scribe, Kella O’Toole: her fiancé is dead and her father gone missing. Determined to find him at all costs, Kella defies the queen’s orders and sets out for Pictish territory. Her foster brother Alyn, a disillusioned priest who questions his calling, agrees to help her. The journey itself is perilous. But it’s their secrets that land Kella and Alyn in a viper’s nest of treachery that threatens both their lives and the future of Albion. Can they summon the love and faith they need to find their way not only out of danger, but into happiness? Brilliantly researched, vividly imagined, and movingly written—a memorable climax to the Brides of Alba series.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING

Q1.How many of you have read other books about this time period? What do you like most about it? If you haven't what fascinates you about the Celtic Church and the battlefield? What makes you want to dig into a book like this?

Q2.Linda Windsor has written many books. I wondered if you've read her books which one was your favorite and why?

Q3.Are you a member of a book club? How often do you meet? How did the club first form? If you’re not in a book club, would you want to be? Why or why not?

Q4.Do you like books focused more on plot or more on characters?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

ONLY ONE DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 31 *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 1st

Views: 507

Replies to This Discussion

4.  For me they are dependent on each other.  If the characters are well developed then the plot doesn't hold my interest, and visa verse. Yet if the plot and characters are intertwined deeply, I am hooked!

#4 I like a book that is plot driven, stories that move along. That said, the characters involved in the plot must be engaging orthe plot loses its appeal.

I like books based on a plot.

Reply by Kathy Cline 8/31/12.

I like books focused more on plot rather than character.  The reason is that I am more into mysteries which tend to be more based on a plots.

I've read some of her books and my favorite is "It had to be you."   It's a fun romance where a rancher meets his new step-mother while on a cruise. He is suspicious of her because it was such a fast courtship and butts heads with a spunky woman who's watching her sister's teenage children, but acts more like a kid herself!  Opposites attract, needless to say.  I"ve read it a couple times, most recently before going on a cruise myself and it put me in the perfect mood.

#2 I have read maire. It was one of my favorite books. I have read it more than once. I love the characters and the storyline was amazing. I would love to read another one of her books!!!!

I prefer a book that is more focused on the characters.  REBEL sounds quite interesting, although I have never read a book set during this time period. 

Thank you so much for the free book!

I like the plot but also the characters. I like an interesting story.

I like both plot and charactors. I think both is important. I just like a good story.

Thank you so much for the new book i am sooooooooooo excited!!!!!! I can not wait to read it:)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service