ABOUT AUTHOR: Linda Windsor is the best-selling, award-winning author of more than thirty novels, with more than a million books in print. Her most recent work includes Healer and Thief, the first two volumes in the Brides of Alba series, and the early Irish Celtic Fires of Gleannmaratrilogy. 

ABOUT BOOK: With Merlin dead, the succession undecided, and the Celtic church on the defensive from Rome, intrigue sweeps the court of the High King Arthur. But it’s battlefield news that consumes Queen Gwenhyfar’s young scribe, Kella O’Toole: her fiancé is dead and her father gone missing. Determined to find him at all costs, Kella defies the queen’s orders and sets out for Pictish territory. Her foster brother Alyn, a disillusioned priest who questions his calling, agrees to help her. The journey itself is perilous. But it’s their secrets that land Kella and Alyn in a viper’s nest of treachery that threatens both their lives and the future of Albion. Can they summon the love and faith they need to find their way not only out of danger, but into happiness? Brilliantly researched, vividly imagined, and movingly written—a memorable climax to the Brides of Alba series.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING

Q1.How many of you have read other books about this time period? What do you like most about it? If you haven't what fascinates you about the Celtic Church and the battlefield? What makes you want to dig into a book like this?

Q2.Linda Windsor has written many books. I wondered if you've read her books which one was your favorite and why?

Q3.Are you a member of a book club? How often do you meet? How did the club first form? If you’re not in a book club, would you want to be? Why or why not?

Q4.Do you like books focused more on plot or more on characters?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

ONLY ONE DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 31 *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 1st

Views: 507

Replies to This Discussion

#4 That's tough to answer... I get so involved with the plot and character, think they go hand in hand. One thing I do care about...that the character has a major internal change, does things that are totally out of character in order to end the book in the last chapter.

For a time our church library had some weekly meetings where we discussed books by Christian authors that the group had read. I enjoyed doing that, but we did not have too many who were in attendance. It was not really set up as a formal "book club." Sometimes our church will do a class using a book such as "The Shack" to hopefully engage people in the community in discussion of Christianity. That has been the extent of my in person involvement with a book club like atmosphere.

I have not read any books from this particular period in time. I have seen the play "Camelot" which was very interesting so that makes me think I would enjoy reading this type of book.

Thank you for letting us know about the story and for offering the books in the contest.

Blessings, Janice

3. No. Sadly there are no book clubs in the area - one of the downsides of living in a very small town. If there was one available, you bet I'd be attending :) It would be so nice to be able to read and discuss the same book. It always amazes me how different people can have different views and ideas about the same novel! 

BTW - I love the Brides series so far!! Thanks Linda :)

4) I like books that have great characters and a great plot but of the two I prefer a great plot a little more.

I would love to have the chance to win this book. If I won, I would give the book to a friend of mine who likes to read about this time period.

Thanks for the opportunity to do so.

Question 4. This is a hard question, but I like a book focused more on characters ...with the plot running a close second!! I want the personality of the characters to be developed so I can feel like I know them. Most of the time, that will determine how they react to the plot. But, I also love twists and turns in a plot! Thank you for the opportunity to win a book by a new author! I share my books with my 91-year-old mother-in-law and church friends. God Bless!

2.   I have read several of Linda Windsor's books.  I think my favorite so far is: Along Came Jones.  I like it because it has suspense, but lots of humor.  Haven't read the Brides of Alba series, but it sounds good.

I liked plot in a story! I belong to 2 book clubs online. Of course we meet everyday lol. On one of them we have a book discussion every Tuesday. I am not sure how it started. The other I started because I was finding myself posting on Facebook quotes and things that I liked and disliked about a book I was reading so I decided to just start a club that was for discussing and suggesting books to others. I started the club in July and we now have 22 members I know that isn't much members but my club is different as we don't all read the same book we just read what we want and then tell about. And the Brides of Alba series was suggestion by a member so now they are on my to be read list.

I belong to a book club which meets at our local library. We meet once a month. The woman from the childrens department run the group and orders us our book. There is women from the age of 30 to their 90's that attends the group. All I really know is that it started about 10 yrs ago and there was only about 5 ladies. Now we have anywhere from 16 to 25 ladies attending depending on if they are here only for the winter (our snow bunnies) or the ones that live here all year. We have a lot of fun discussing books or sharing what we are reading. 

Hi, Linda! I think my favorite Linda book was THE HEALER, loved Brenna's character. I think I had reviewed it for Romancejunkies too. This book looks like it would be right up the alley of my favorite Brides of Alba series and I would LOVE to win a copy as I haven't gotten the chance to get this one yet. Linda is one of my favorite authors and I truly enjoy (and remember!) her stories, which is saying something with the number of books I read, and sometimes review.

I have read books set in the times of Merlin.  I used to rad fantasy, historical, suspence, romance and a lot of genres.  Now I prefer to read about the Amish, Chritian suspense.  Romantic suspense is still one of my favorite genre's

What a chance. this is the first time i have been online in over two weeks as on a trip to my mom's favorite cousin's funeral, Mom got extremely sick, and has been in the ICU for over two weeks following an emergency colon surgery.  It's been a stressful two weeks as she is 86 and not doing so great, though prayers have helped her this far! i wish i had had a chance at the other gifts, but will try for this one! i have read some of Linda's other books, and enjoyed them but can't remember the name of my favorite one since i am a readaholic. i prefer books that are focused on characters, but the plot needs to be good, too

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service