Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

ABOUT AUTHOR: Linda Windsor is the best-selling, award-winning author of more than thirty novels, with more than a million books in print. Her most recent work includes Healer and Thief, the first two volumes in the Brides of Alba series, and the early Irish Celtic Fires of Gleannmaratrilogy. 

ABOUT BOOK: With Merlin dead, the succession undecided, and the Celtic church on the defensive from Rome, intrigue sweeps the court of the High King Arthur. But it’s battlefield news that consumes Queen Gwenhyfar’s young scribe, Kella O’Toole: her fiancé is dead and her father gone missing. Determined to find him at all costs, Kella defies the queen’s orders and sets out for Pictish territory. Her foster brother Alyn, a disillusioned priest who questions his calling, agrees to help her. The journey itself is perilous. But it’s their secrets that land Kella and Alyn in a viper’s nest of treachery that threatens both their lives and the future of Albion. Can they summon the love and faith they need to find their way not only out of danger, but into happiness? Brilliantly researched, vividly imagined, and movingly written—a memorable climax to the Brides of Alba series.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING

Q1.How many of you have read other books about this time period? What do you like most about it? If you haven't what fascinates you about the Celtic Church and the battlefield? What makes you want to dig into a book like this?

Q2.Linda Windsor has written many books. I wondered if you've read her books which one was your favorite and why?

Q3.Are you a member of a book club? How often do you meet? How did the club first form? If you’re not in a book club, would you want to be? Why or why not?

Q4.Do you like books focused more on plot or more on characters?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

ONLY ONE DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 31 *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 1st

Views: 514

Replies to This Discussion

Q4

I like books that have a fairly level balance of the two.

I actually have not read anything you've written, but am a librarian and have purchased all your books. I'm anxious to delve into one now that summer's over.  I'd love a recommendation from your readers which one to start with.

Linda had 2 books in the Piper Cove series and I like books that have continuity, either in the characters or the setting.

I'm obsessed with Arthurian legend and love reading stories set around it.

I think both character and plot are important, but I tend to focus more on plot I think.

I like books that are more focused on the characters and how they came to God.

I think the plot pulls you into the book. The characters keep you reading to find out what the plot is really all about.  So, both are very important and work together in a good book.

Brenda

I've read several books from this time period though my husband has read many more - he loves Arthurian tales.

I like the time period because it's not so long ago that I can't imagine the situations but it's far enough away from today to be very different. 

I like a mix of plot & characters. Too much plot and I won't care because I don't know the characters involved. But too much character development and I get bored waiting for the story.

Linda, thank you for this book giveaway opportunity!

I don't belong to a book club but would like to be in one. Most of my friends travel quickly through life with little time to stop for a book club. If I were to start one I would need to reach out to new people and maybe that's what I'll do.

I love to read books that focus on a character and watch that character build or grow while reading the book.

The time period is what interests me abiyt this book. I haven't read much about it and want to.

I like books that are focused on both the plot and characters. If I care for the characters then I certainly will for the plot, too.

#2 I love Linda's books! My favorite is Along Came Jones. It has action, suspense, humor and wonderful romance.

I'd love to be entered for Rebel. Thanks!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service