ABOUT AUTHOR: Linda Windsor is the best-selling, award-winning author of more than thirty novels, with more than a million books in print. Her most recent work includes Healer and Thief, the first two volumes in the Brides of Alba series, and the early Irish Celtic Fires of Gleannmaratrilogy. 

ABOUT BOOK: With Merlin dead, the succession undecided, and the Celtic church on the defensive from Rome, intrigue sweeps the court of the High King Arthur. But it’s battlefield news that consumes Queen Gwenhyfar’s young scribe, Kella O’Toole: her fiancé is dead and her father gone missing. Determined to find him at all costs, Kella defies the queen’s orders and sets out for Pictish territory. Her foster brother Alyn, a disillusioned priest who questions his calling, agrees to help her. The journey itself is perilous. But it’s their secrets that land Kella and Alyn in a viper’s nest of treachery that threatens both their lives and the future of Albion. Can they summon the love and faith they need to find their way not only out of danger, but into happiness? Brilliantly researched, vividly imagined, and movingly written—a memorable climax to the Brides of Alba series.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING

Q1.How many of you have read other books about this time period? What do you like most about it? If you haven't what fascinates you about the Celtic Church and the battlefield? What makes you want to dig into a book like this?

Q2.Linda Windsor has written many books. I wondered if you've read her books which one was your favorite and why?

Q3.Are you a member of a book club? How often do you meet? How did the club first form? If you’re not in a book club, would you want to be? Why or why not?

Q4.Do you like books focused more on plot or more on characters?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

ONLY ONE DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 31 *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 1st

Views: 514

Replies to This Discussion

I like books mostly focussed on plot. However, the characters must be real or I can't get into the story. I have to want to know them. But if there is no "story" of something happening then why would I read it?

Blessings,

Jan

#3 I belong to two book clubs. The first one was a book club I found through the library. It had been formed years ago. The second book club started because a friend and I were talking about how much we love to read and discuss our amazing finds. So we each asked a friend to join us and a book club was formed. There are now five of us and we are really close.

#4 I actually like both. I think it depends on the genre. If it's a romance than I want it to be character driven. But mystery or action need to be more plot driven.

I've read the first two books in the series and endorsed one of them. It's my favorite historical time period to read.  I didn't even know this one was coming out, but of the first two I think I liked the one I endorsed best, Thief.  Though I adored the first book as well. So many surprises.

Oh, and I like the way there is a perfect balance in this series between plot and characters. :) 

Did I mention today would be a good day to win. My husband and I celebrate 22 years of marriage today! :) Hint, hint. Love ya, Linda!!!

"Q2.Linda Windsor has written many books. I wondered if you've read her books which one was your favorite and why?"

Not yet but now that I know you are part of the wonderful world of Highlander Writers, you are about to become one of my favorites!

Q3 - I am a member of a bookclub and we meet once a month. However, a few times a year we do other things like having a movie brunch where we get together on a Saturday for brunch and watched a movie. I love the bookclub because I love reading and someone always has an insight that I did not think about or really pay attention to.

The bookclub formed a few years before I joined it. It is sponsored by Lifeway Christian Bookstore. I am sure Lifeway would say that it is a good avenue for selling their books but it truly goes beyond that, we are a group of ladies who sincerely love to read and talk to authors.

I like books focused more on plot, without a good plot the book is rather boring and not worth the read at all.

I like books focusing on the character of the person and how different events change the person to make them a better person or not.

I luv luv luv book clubs! I'm not a member of a club that meets and discusses books at this time, but I do have a blog & YouTube channel where I discuss and review Christian only books...so that allows me my book fix :)
Q 4: I like books that are plot-based, because the Pace tends to move faster than in just character-based books.
I have read other books about this time period. I haven't thought much about why except maybe the fantasy or folk lore aspect. Love to see what could have been :-) I enjoy the King Arthur and/or Merlin stories.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service