Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

GIVING AWAY (1) THREE BOOK SET - (Catch a Thief Series) INCLUDES

RELUCTANT BURGLAR

RELUCTANT RUNAWAY

RELUCTANT SMUGGLER

ABOUT BOOK ONE: RELUCTANT BURGLAR:The Art of Art Thievery 
When Hiram Jacobs is murdered, the responsibility for his internationally renowned security company falls upon his daughter, Desiree. But a container full of stolen paintings screams the ugly truth—that her father was a thief. Option A: Turn the goods over to the law, disgrace her father’s name, destroy their business, put people out of jobs, and embarrass international museums with the fact that they have been displaying clever forgeries. Option B: Surrender the art to the bad guys. But then she becomes an unwilling accomplice to the thieves, and her father’s murderer would walk free. Worse, a death threat warns her not to cooperate with federal agents. Can she trust God to guide her down the right path when no option seems right…let alone safe?

Art stole her heart… Now can she return the favor?

If Desiree Jacobs knows anything, it’s art. Her father, whose security company is internationally renowned, taught her everything he knew. Most of all, he taught her about honor. Integrity. Faith. So surely God will forgive her for despising the one man determined to destroy her father’s good name?

Special Agent Tony Lucano knows Hiram Jacobs is an art thief. But what he can’t figure out is Desiree. Is she the innocent victim…or a clever accomplice?

Then Hiram is murdered. And along with his company, he leaves Desiree a hidden container full of stolen paintings. But she can’t admit her father was a thief! That would destroy their business, put people out of jobs, and embarrass international museums that have been displaying clever forgeries. No, she must find out why her honest father would turn criminal. And she must return the priceless art to the rightful owners without their knowledge. Even if it means facing down a ring of cutthroat art thieves…or accepting help from the man she most distrusts. 

GIVING AWAY (3) COPIES OF SEASON OF DANGER

ABOUT AUTHOR: JILL ELIZABETH NELSON

Award-winning author and writing teacher, Jill Elizabeth Nelson, writes what she likes to read--tales of adventure seasoned with romance, humor, and faith. Jill is a popular speaker for conferences, writers groups, library associations, and civic and church groups. She delights to bring the "Ahah! Moment" to her students as they make new skills their own. Her handbook for writers, Rivet Your Readers with Deep Point of View, is now available at http://amzn.to/IvQTkj.
Visit Jill on the web at: http://www.jillelizabethnelson.com

or look her up on

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JillElizabethNelson.Author
or
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/JillElizNelson.

She and her husband have passed their 30th anniversary and life keeps getting better. They live in a rural farming community and love the peace and quiet and beauty of nature. Their four children are grown, and they enjoy two grandchildren that they can spoil rotten and send home.

MANDATORY YOU MUST ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!!

1.What is your favorite Mystery series in books and/or on T.V.? What makes it so much fun to read and/or watch?

2.When you read a mystery series what are the things you most look forward to?

3.Why do you read Christian Fiction Mystery Stories? What do you look forward to? What do you expect?

********DISCLAIMEREntering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 3rd

Views: 682

Replies to This Discussion

Re #1 I really enjoy "Castle". There is a mystery but also a lot of laughter.

Jan

I'm a HUGE fan of Perry Mason, Murder She Wrote, Diagnosis Murder, and Matlock.  I do love to watch the Hallmark mystery movies, Mystery Woman, Murder 101, McBride, and Jane Doe.

I LOVED The Pretender.  He was kidnapped as a kid because he was a genius.  The group 'groomed' him for projects.  The Pretender, Jared, escaped.  He then went on life-saving missions while the group searched for him.  I bought the whole series it's so good.  It was great to watch because he worked to heal and save people all the while he searched for his parents.  He could pretend to be anybody.  Hated to see it end.

When I read mysteries, I look for the forensics end of the story.  I'm a forensics fanatic, and love to put things together to catch the perp.

As for Christian mysteries, I like to see the aspect of faith as it encapsulates the story line.  Sometimes it brings someone to faith in Jesus, other times it doesn't.  But it plants a seed.  God will give the increase!!!

I love to read Christian fiction mystery stories for many reasons. First, there's never any gratuitous garbage in them. That's a big deal to me. I live in a fallen world--I don't need to read things that aren't good for my own soul. Second, I love the imperfect characters that still have hope for redemption. They remind me that though I am an imperfect person, I have still been redeemed by the Saviour! And third...they're JUST THAT GOOD!! :)

Murder She Wrote!!! Even though people die Jessica always finds out the truth and she is always able to catch them in their own lie. 

My favorite mystery series was the TV show MURDER SHE WROTE.  Jessica Fetcher's character was interesting and pleasant to watch.  As a young girl I read the Nancy Drew Series, the older version and Agatha Christie's novels were intriguing.  I love mysteries because they keep me riveted all the way to the end to find out who did the deed.  I like the clues sprinkled throughout books or TV series that most times aren't so obvious as I might be led to believe. 

"What is your favorite Mystery series in books and/or on T.V.? What makes it so much fun to read and/or watch?"

I have really enjoyed the "A Culinary Mystery" series by Josi S. Kilpack. The recipes scattered throughout her books just make my cookbook collector heart flitter!  LOL  A good mystery...  good food....  what more could you want?  :)

(2) I enjoy trying to figure out who did it, and why.  It challanges my brain.  If I guess wrong, I go back and reread the story to see where I went wrong.  I do love a mystry that I don't get it right.

I love Murder She Wrote on TV.  I just love Angela Lansbury.  And, she makes the show very interesting. I sure hope I can win one of the books of Season of Danger. Bet it is good.

#1 I grew up enjoying Nancy Drew, The Mandy books, and The Hardy Brothers. I still enjoy mysteries, but my tastes have changed a bit. =) I think my favorite now is the series by Alexander McCall Smith called The #1 Ladies Detective Agency. I think the reason I like these is the laid back approach to solving the mystery. It's so different from the tension and suspense of a typical mystery. But even though these are my current favorite I'm sure I'll change the next time I read a good mystery.

I have read a number of Christian mysteries so I don't have a particular favorite as I have enjoyed them all.

TV mysteries that I like are Poirot, Miss Marple, Sherlock Holmes, White Collar, Lewis.

When I read a mystery series I look forward to how the plot goes, how the author captures my attention in the details of the story.

I like to read Christian Fiction Mysteries because of the clean content and still be caught up in the story, how faith in Christ is woven into the story.

Answering #1:

I've always loved the cozies. Two favorite TV series were MURDER SHE WROTE and FATHER DOWLING MYSTERIES. I like the mystery without the gore. I love the way Vanessa Chapman manages to marry two of my favorite genres--Amish and cozy mystery--in her Shipshewanna series. I'm always on the prowl for good Christian mystery writers, so I would love to read this series.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service