GIVING AWAY (1) THREE BOOK SET - (Catch a Thief Series) INCLUDES

RELUCTANT BURGLAR

RELUCTANT RUNAWAY

RELUCTANT SMUGGLER

ABOUT BOOK ONE: RELUCTANT BURGLAR:The Art of Art Thievery 
When Hiram Jacobs is murdered, the responsibility for his internationally renowned security company falls upon his daughter, Desiree. But a container full of stolen paintings screams the ugly truth—that her father was a thief. Option A: Turn the goods over to the law, disgrace her father’s name, destroy their business, put people out of jobs, and embarrass international museums with the fact that they have been displaying clever forgeries. Option B: Surrender the art to the bad guys. But then she becomes an unwilling accomplice to the thieves, and her father’s murderer would walk free. Worse, a death threat warns her not to cooperate with federal agents. Can she trust God to guide her down the right path when no option seems right…let alone safe?

Art stole her heart… Now can she return the favor?

If Desiree Jacobs knows anything, it’s art. Her father, whose security company is internationally renowned, taught her everything he knew. Most of all, he taught her about honor. Integrity. Faith. So surely God will forgive her for despising the one man determined to destroy her father’s good name?

Special Agent Tony Lucano knows Hiram Jacobs is an art thief. But what he can’t figure out is Desiree. Is she the innocent victim…or a clever accomplice?

Then Hiram is murdered. And along with his company, he leaves Desiree a hidden container full of stolen paintings. But she can’t admit her father was a thief! That would destroy their business, put people out of jobs, and embarrass international museums that have been displaying clever forgeries. No, she must find out why her honest father would turn criminal. And she must return the priceless art to the rightful owners without their knowledge. Even if it means facing down a ring of cutthroat art thieves…or accepting help from the man she most distrusts. 

GIVING AWAY (3) COPIES OF SEASON OF DANGER

ABOUT AUTHOR: JILL ELIZABETH NELSON

Award-winning author and writing teacher, Jill Elizabeth Nelson, writes what she likes to read--tales of adventure seasoned with romance, humor, and faith. Jill is a popular speaker for conferences, writers groups, library associations, and civic and church groups. She delights to bring the "Ahah! Moment" to her students as they make new skills their own. Her handbook for writers, Rivet Your Readers with Deep Point of View, is now available at http://amzn.to/IvQTkj.
Visit Jill on the web at: http://www.jillelizabethnelson.com

or look her up on

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JillElizabethNelson.Author
or
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/JillElizNelson.

She and her husband have passed their 30th anniversary and life keeps getting better. They live in a rural farming community and love the peace and quiet and beauty of nature. Their four children are grown, and they enjoy two grandchildren that they can spoil rotten and send home.

MANDATORY YOU MUST ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!!

1.What is your favorite Mystery series in books and/or on T.V.? What makes it so much fun to read and/or watch?

2.When you read a mystery series what are the things you most look forward to?

3.Why do you read Christian Fiction Mystery Stories? What do you look forward to? What do you expect?

********DISCLAIMEREntering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 3rd

Views: 677

Replies to This Discussion

My husband is the controller of the remote in our home so I watch what he watches on television. I enjoy the Monk series because he (Monk :-)  , not my husband LOL) is so quirky and there is humor along the way to discovering who-done-it. Sherlock Holmes and Miss Marple are other favorites.

Your books sound like good reads. Thanks for being a part of this huge give-away month!

Blessings, Janice

I like Monk too, and I think Sherlock Holmes is one of my all-time favs!

My wife and I both love mystery shows like Murder, she wrote and Agatha Christie's Poirot. It's always fun to try to figure it out and see the clues before it is revealed on the show.

Agatha Christie books are classics. She was a very gifted writer.

I totally identify with your thoughts about Nancy Drew books and old houses. Very cool!

qUESTION 2- i LOVE THE SUSPENSE OF MYSTERIES AND ENJOY ALL THE TWISTS AND TURNS THAT COMES WITH EACH PAGE TURNED. i MOST LOOK FORWARD TO A STORY THAT IS WELL WRITTEN AND NOT DRAGGING YOU ALONG. I LOOK FORWARD TO STRONG AND EXCITING CHARACTERS THAT COME TO LIFE IN MY MIND AS I READ

Yes, I look for those elements in the mystery and suspense books I read too. Especially the strong characters that breathe from the pages!

It would be difficult to narrow my favorite mystery series down to just one. I make it a point to never miss any of the novels by Kathy Herman, Robin Caroll, Hannah Alexander, and Brandilyn Collins just to name a few. I rarely watch mysteries on TV because my husband is usually watching a ball game and I always have more books in my TBR stack than I can keep up with. I love the fact that I can read Christian mysteries and suspense without having to encounter overly gruesome scenes but will usually find edifying content along with a good story.

You've listed some of my favorite authors. I was jazzed to do one half of a two-novella suspense anthology last Christmas with Hannah Alexander as the other author. The title of the anthology was Season of Danger. If you like these authors, I suggest you check out Lorena McCourtney and Mindy Starns Clark also.

Question 3. I read all types of Christian stories but love the mysteries. From a Chrisian standpoint, I look forward to and expect clean language and no explicit sex scenes. I also expect the underlying theme to always point to Christ. As a reader, I look forward to learning the characters and trying to figure out "who dunnit"! I expect twists and turns and the "aha moments"! I love it when humor is included, too. Thank you for the opportunity to win books by a new author for me. I share my books with my 91-year-old mother-in-law and church friends. God Bless!

Hi, Susan. I so agree with you about the clean content and a Christ-centered story. These are among the top reasons I write Christian fiction. As to the "ahah! moment!" I love delivering those to my readers. :-)

Oooh, another Lorena McCourtney fan! She's got some new ones out that I'm itching to get at. :-)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service