ABOUT AUTHOR:Jeanette Sharp is a published author and speaker who writes nonfiction inspirational answered prayer stories. Her book, HURRAY GOD! Hope, Pray, Believe is a collection of stories that chronicles the power of our prayer-answering God. Her latest publication can be found in Chicken Soup for the Soul, Answered Prayers. Her heart’s passion is to show the world that God still answers prayer. She and her husband live in Edmond, Oklahoma with their fur-child, Maggie.

ABOUT BOOK: 

Have you ever felt like your prayers didn't reach heaven? Have you doubted God's ability to provide? Have you wondered why others seem to have responses, but not you? Prepare to have your faith in God and prayer renewed! Ignited by an important answered prayer at age ten, Jeanette Sharp pursued a fervent prayer life that resulted in a firm faith and passion to help others to not give up on prayer. In Hurray God! Sharp compiles stories of people just like you who had answered prayers. People who doubted; people who complained; people who struggled with their faith, but all saw the answer in the end. Read along and experience answered prayers about: • Job Loss • Anxiety • Relationships • Sickness • And more As you read these inspiring true stories, you too will say, "Hurray God!"

MANDATORY - MUST ANSWER ONE of JEANETTE'S QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED IN THE DRAWING

1) What is the best book you've ever read about prayer?

2) Which Bible translation (NIV, NASB, KJV etc) do you prefer and why?

3). Is there a book of prayers that you use over and over again?

4) Do you have a favorite place you like to pray? If so where?

5) The Bible mentions pray without ceasing. What does that mean to you?

********DISCLAIMER:Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the enterer in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway is an author sponsored event and open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is sponsored by the author and is in no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.
Winners will have 3 days to respond to UPDATE YOUR PROFILE to include your name and address - If we haven't heard from you about updating your profile. another nane will be picked. If your info is all CORRECT - DO NOTHING - YOU ARE ALL SET!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 31st.

Views: 924

Replies to This Discussion

I use the NAS version of the Bible.   I really like how it changes the King James just enough in wording for me to understand it better, yet it doesn't take away from the actual truth of the Scriptures.

Praying without ceasing --- for me it means that I should always be conscious of the Lord's presence in my life that when He prompts me to pray, I am ready to do so.    It helps me keep focus on what He expects of me and on the needs of others and not on myself.

Pray without ceasing means to me that I obey the nudging of the Spirit to pray each time I'm nudged. That could mean 20 times a day for one specific situation, and it has before. We are not to stop praying about that situation until the nudging has stopped. It also means to live our lives in constant (prayerful) fellowship with God; just like breathing.

Thank you for this opportunity!

2) Which Bible translation (NIV, NASB, KJV etc) do you prefer and why?

As a child we used KJV so I love that for memorized scripture.  In a lot of ways the 'original' just hold more meaning ie

Isaiah 40:31nkjv
But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

Isaiah 40:31 niv
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Big difference between waiting and hoping.  We can hope and just go our merry way thinking we are helping God vs. spending the time to be with and wait on Him.

When suggesting a version for new Christians to read, or someone searching I always go with an easy to read and understand version depending on the age.  With  my  young teen nephew we went with CEV, with an old preschool parent who called after seeing mom's death notice in the paper, and is seeking 'the meaning of lie,  I actually gave her one of mom's Bibles, NIV.  I am thankful there is such variety to meet the needs of all.

5) The Bible mentions pray without ceasing. What does that mean to you?
When I get up in the morning I start my day with Him, and continue speaking with Him throughout the day.  Words of praise, thanks, requests, and as I lay my head to sleep I close with an amen.  But should I wake during the night and need someone to talk with just pick up and chat with Him.

1.  Praying Life by Paul Miller

I absolutely love Warren & Ruth Myers book 31 Days of Prayer.  It leads you in prayer for a full month and helps create a prayer habit.  I give the book as gifts to those who are in crises and darker seasons of life.

I grew up reading the KJV but have been reading the NIV now for years. It is easier for me to understand, but I still love the KJV for memorizing verses. Thank you for the chance to win this book.

Q1 - Dick Eastman's "Hour that changed the world"; Andrew Murray's works on prayer

Q2 - I prefer NIV or NLT as they are translated into current language without being full of contemporary phrases

Q4 - I can pray anywhere but I find I get a lot of praying done when I'm working in the garden.

To me "pray without ceasing" means to have an open conversation with God all day. Not just asking for things but thanking Him for all things - known or unknow miracles that happen every minute.

To pray without ceasing to me means that every breath we take is a prayer. Even if our thoughts are drifting somewhere else, we breathe without ceasing and with every breath we have taught our entire body to pray 'thank you, thank you.' breathe, breathe, breathe, pray, pray, pray.

#5.  I love the principle of praying without ceasing.  I start my morning talking to God before my feet even hit the floor and then converse with Him throughout the day until I finally fall asleep.  Sometimes short sentences, sometimes long paragraphs, sometimes pouring my heart out to Him.  I stop whatever I'm doing to thank Him for a blessing that just occured, I ask Him to please help me find things, and I just thank Him for the beauty in the world.  To pray without ceasing is to have a continual conversation (sometimes light, sometimes deep, but always open ended) with my Heavenly Father.

pray without ceasing means to me to always have a pray on your lips.  when I start to pray in the morning I continue it throughout the day, I pray as people come to mind, I thank God for his beauty as I take a walk, I pray for people when I hear an amulance, when I see the news and see someone suffering I pray for them.  That is what I think it means to pray without ceasing, I am sure I still miss alot of opporunties to pray but I do believe that pray changes lives.

1.The best book on prayer I have ever read was by Stormie Ormartian called the Power of a Praying Wife.

2. KJV

3. we were raised to not read prayers but to pray the word or pray from the heart.

4. I pray in my bedroom or outside.

5. It means that one should always be ready to pray when the Lord brings things to mind.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service