ABOUT AUTHOR:Jeanette Sharp is a published author and speaker who writes nonfiction inspirational answered prayer stories. Her book, HURRAY GOD! Hope, Pray, Believe is a collection of stories that chronicles the power of our prayer-answering God. Her latest publication can be found in Chicken Soup for the Soul, Answered Prayers. Her heart’s passion is to show the world that God still answers prayer. She and her husband live in Edmond, Oklahoma with their fur-child, Maggie.

ABOUT BOOK: 

Have you ever felt like your prayers didn't reach heaven? Have you doubted God's ability to provide? Have you wondered why others seem to have responses, but not you? Prepare to have your faith in God and prayer renewed! Ignited by an important answered prayer at age ten, Jeanette Sharp pursued a fervent prayer life that resulted in a firm faith and passion to help others to not give up on prayer. In Hurray God! Sharp compiles stories of people just like you who had answered prayers. People who doubted; people who complained; people who struggled with their faith, but all saw the answer in the end. Read along and experience answered prayers about: • Job Loss • Anxiety • Relationships • Sickness • And more As you read these inspiring true stories, you too will say, "Hurray God!"

MANDATORY - MUST ANSWER ONE of JEANETTE'S QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED IN THE DRAWING

1) What is the best book you've ever read about prayer?

2) Which Bible translation (NIV, NASB, KJV etc) do you prefer and why?

3). Is there a book of prayers that you use over and over again?

4) Do you have a favorite place you like to pray? If so where?

5) The Bible mentions pray without ceasing. What does that mean to you?

********DISCLAIMER:Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the enterer in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway is an author sponsored event and open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is sponsored by the author and is in no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.
Winners will have 3 days to respond to UPDATE YOUR PROFILE to include your name and address - If we haven't heard from you about updating your profile. another nane will be picked. If your info is all CORRECT - DO NOTHING - YOU ARE ALL SET!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 31st.

Views: 931

Replies to This Discussion

I think I like the new kjv version. And I need this book right now ! I have so much going on in my life right now and my prayer life feels like God dosen't care about my problems or my family! If I told you everything I think you might agreed with me!

Hello Debbie! Don't despair, God is there! He sees you and knows every issue you face. Lord Jesus, I lift Debbie to You right now and ask You to reveal Yourself to her in the midst of the trials she's facing. Send Your gentle whispers of encouragement and direction and surround her with Your peace and the confident assurance of Your care. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Thank you for stopping by and by the way, the King James Version is one of my favorites!

Blessings ~
Jeanette

My favorite translation is NIV. It was the translation I studied in college and have used it ever since. Thanks for the give away - the book sounds amazing.

Hello Sharon! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words about my book. I'm reading the NIV at the moment, interspersed with the King James Version. Truth be told, I enjoy reading all versions!

May God bless you and all your kingdom endeavors!

Jeanette

My favorite translation is the NKJV. It seems to me to marry the old with the new. It is still the KJV but easier to read and understand.

Hello Trav! So glad you dropped by and thank you for your comment. As I told Sharon Moore, I'm reading the NIV along with the KJV. There's something solid about it, maybe because it was the one I read after my wilderness wanderings!

God bless you and I wish you a blessed day!

Jeanette

I prefer the NASB since taking two years of Greek in seminary. I have found it to be the most literal translation of the original language. All translations do veer off from literally translating word for word, because sometimes this will not convey the actual meaning of the text. But some translations do more of that than necessary, in the name of conveying meaning. Sometimes they interject meaning that may or may not be there. While the NASB resists that largely, it does have some of that as well. It does make for a more "wooden" translation, not as readable as NIV or others. But I like that I can trust that the Greek is largely translated word for word.

Hello Julie! Wow! Great comment! I couldn't agree more with your perspective. I use the NASB in church, because that is what the church uses. Having an understanding of Greek must open a whole new world for you! I'm working on Spanish. Not quite the same thing, but a beautiful language never the less.

Thank you for stopping by! I wish you a Christ-centered day!

Jeanette

Answer 2

I prefer the NIV version, because it is easier to understand.  I have all versions of the bible that I've read and I use the New KJV at chruch because my Pastor uses the KJV.

To answer question number 4 ] I love to go on walks and pray .I live in the country so I start from my house and walk back a long long lane to my father and step mom's house it is so quite ad peaceful it's just me ,God and nature .I walk sometimes 3-4 times a day just to go and spend wonderful time with my Heavenly Father .Love to read your book s.Blessings ,Dana Wilkerson Spille

Boy, lets see if I can try and answer all of these here;  #1. The Bible. #2. NIV, because it helps me to better understand the verses, I also will compare it to all other versions, but NIV is my favorite if I only could have one Bible that would be the translation I would go for. #3. O Yes, I love prayer books in general but Stormie Omartian's- A Book Of Prayer, my favorite, 2nd to that is Germaine Copeland- Prayers that avail much for Women. #4. My room and when the Sun is rising out on my deck. #5. Well what we so often do with out even realizing it any more is often worry, have thoughts of fear and concerns causing.. worrying, worrying, worrying, so just like in Phil 4:6 says, replace our worries with Prayer to Him instead,, if we can do all that worrying in our head through out the day or hours of the day then we can turn it into constant prayer and communication with Him, the hardest part is keeping that in the front of our minds to do so, it takes practice but soon will become the same habit as the worrying once was formed.  This constant prayer of course does not exclude the fact that I believe we are also to take specific time out through out our weeks to pray more intensively and attentively than just through out our days... maybe some one is in the ICU or missing etc, time like that should take us to our knees for 2 hours or more, other times like for the salvation of others and safety and healing is always good to pray like that any where from 15 to 30 mins a day.  That's my thoughts on that. :)

Answer 5

Praying with our ceasing, to me, means that GOD hears us at all times, so I think that we should have a prayerful thoughts all day, weather we are actually talking to GOD or not, he still hears us.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service