ABOUT AUTHOR: DON REID, a member of country music’s legendary Statler Brothers, has 3 Grammy awards, 9 CMA awards, 13 gold albums, and 8 platinum albums is a member of the Gospel Music Hall of Fame and Country Music Hall of Fame and has also written several books including O Little Town and One Lane Bridge.Reid lives with his wife, Deborah, in Staunton, Virginia.

ABOUT BOOK: Cal, Harlan, and Buddy grow up together in a small Virginiatown in the years before the second World War. United by age, proximity, and temperament, they get into—and out of—all the trouble that boys manage to find. They even earn a nickname from a local restaurateur who gives the boys their first jobs and plenty of friendly advice. “Uncle” Vic calls them the Mulligan’s, because they always seem to find a way through a thicket of trouble—family problems, girls, college, war—to success. Cal and Harlan and Buddy have been blessed with second chances.

Now it’s 1959, and police lieutenant Buddy receives an early-morning phone call: his friend Harlan, a store owner, has been shot in a break-in. Cal, now a preacher, meets Buddy at the hospital, and together, as professionals and as friends, they begin to unravel what might have happened to Harlan.

MANDATORY PLEASE PICK ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING

1. What type of music do you listen to most?

2. If you listen to country music, what makes you love it so much?

3. Has anyone ever been to the Grand Old Oprey? If you have who did you see there? If you haven't why did you want to go there? My husband took me there once and we saw Dolly Parton, wow what a place, loved it and the show.

4. Anyone listen to the performers on the Grand Old Oprey radio channel? Who are your favorite performers, what do you like best about that show?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 24th *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by August 30th

Views: 686

Replies to This Discussion

1. What type of music do you listen to most?

I listen mostly to Contempory Christian music.  I do love praise and worship music!  I'm a fan of Gospel music too!   The Statler Brothers are fantastic.  I also love their music! 

This book sounds really good and I thank you for the giveaway!

Blessings!

Q1:Old Country and Christian they kind of tie together

Q4: I saw Minny Pearl and the Stalan Brothers at the grand Ole Oprey when I was 8 about 30+ years ago. My father sang with the Low voices - my memories, The Statlan Brothers & Alabama it was just home.  

I am excited that your low voice has now brought you to author a book, I cannot wait to read it!!

I love country. The old stuff. Real Country.

I listen to Country and Christian. I haven't been to the Grand Ole Opry but want to because I want to see the stars and the countryside.

When I'm by myself, I mostly listen to Christian praise and worship music.  When I'm with my husband, we listen to the music of the 50s and 60s -- which I also enjoy!

This book sounds intriguing!

3. I have been to the Grand Ole Opry, back when it was at the Ryman Auditorium in the 1960's and at a special performance at the Ryman more recently.

I woulod love to have this book, it sounds like a wonderful read.

Oh, wow.  The Statler Brothers are my favorite country music group.  I listen to country music the most and have a lot of music by the Statler Brothers on Spotify.  Would be excited to win this book!

Question 3:  I was at the Grand Old Opry for the first time as a young girl with my parents while on vacation.  And we saw Conway Twitty and Joey Heatherington(I think that was her name)  she did mattress commercials back in the early 70's.  My husband and I went about 8 years ago, too.  Love that place. Love Nashville, too.  Heart and soul of country music. 

Would love to win this giveaway, too...thank you for the opportunity!

Q1) I listen to a lot of different music, but I guess I listen to Contemporary Christian music the most.

Q2) i do listen to some country music, I think it is such an 'American' type of music.

Patty

Q1 - I listen to a mix of music including: contemporary Christian and pop. The thing that I like the most in my music is that the lyrics are upbeat and positive with a good rhythm.

usualy listen to rock and roll, classic, some jazz, little country.

I love a variety of music - love Gospel, Contemporary Christian, Classic R&R (70's/80's era), some 50's and 60's, some Pop music, Country Western - some now and some of the older, Celtic, Native American, etc. I just like variety so I never tire of listening and the thing with music is that it can touch people in a way that only words cannot. There are some songs that when you hear the melody it can pull the heart strings without even hearing the words to the song! I do have a love for Country Western music because my mother raised us around that. She used to play for dances with a group of other musicians who loved country western music when she was a young woman and she could make that piano sing and so my siblings and I grew up hearing that kind of music played in our home along with gospel music. She also played for church and people liked her style of playing the piano. Country music will always hold a special place in my heart.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service