ABOUT AUTHOR DAPHENE JONES - Daphene tells the story about her life as the twin sister of Deborah Hall of “Same Kind of Different as Me.” At the Anaheim Vineyard Conference in 1990, God promised to send a southern breezeover Deborah and Daphene. Neither of them could have imagined what that would look like or how many other people would eventually be touched by it. This is their story of overcoming even the darkest times of life through redemption, forgiveness, and second chances.

ABOUT BOOK: In Our Southern Breeze, Daphene Jones tells the story about her life as the twin sister of Deborah Hall of "Same Kind of Different as Me". She knew Deborah like no one else could. And the story she tells is like no other story. At the Anaheim Vineyard conference in 1990, God promised to send a southern breeze over Deborah and Daphene. Neither of them could have imagined what that would look like or how many other people would eventually be touched by the promised breeze. This is their story of overcoming even the darkest times of life through redemption, forgiveness, and second chances.
As she shares her heart through this story, her prayer is that God will heal the deep hurts that many are carrying. What she kept hearing as she worked on this book is that God is a God of Second Chances.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1)In “Our Southern Breeze” Daphene tells the story of her adjustment from a country girl to a city girl.   Many hilarious things happen in Manhattan as she learns to be a real New Yorker.  Can you share a funny story about being in a new place or situation?

2)When Daphene was 58 she found romance and marriage through an internet dating site.  Have you ever tried using an online dating service? Tell us your feelings either pro or con on meeting someone like this.

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30th*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 3rd

Views: 842

Replies to This Discussion

Maxie - John and I were of the fortunate ones who tried online dating.  I never thought I would give it a try but God certainly had a plan for us to meet!

I lived in Houston with the terrible humidity and visited Jackson Hole once on business.  Even living in Atlanta I would love to see a heat wave of 75!  Great story and thanks for sharing.

No, I have not used the online dating service.  You can never know for sure who you are talking to. They can use whichever photo they want to. And you don't know   if they are truthful or not.  I know some who soon found this the case.  But, I know some who seem to be very happy.

One funny thing abut moving was to Jackson Hole, Wyo. from the Houston area back in the 60's. We left 100 plus degrees weather, and there it was in high 60's and low 70's. One day down on the square, I heard some of the oldtimers talking about the heat wave. So I stayed where I was because I wanted to know what they were talking about, for I thought the weather very nice.  Well, it turned out they had had four 75 degree days in a row and to them that was a heat wave.  I walked away laughing.

Hi Maxie - just replied!!!!  Have a great day.

I have never used an online dating service because I met my husband in church. I do know several people who have met online and their marriages are going strong. There are pro's and con's to any dating situation whether it is online or not.

Janet - I know several couples who met at church and married which is certainly a great place.  John and I were blessed to meet through e-Harmony.  We communicated for a while and finally had our first date.  We were both excited but very nervous.  A year later we were married and he took me to Paris for our honeymoon.  I have been blessed!  

Martha - I was 58 and John was 64 when we met on e-Harmony.  Neither one of us really expected we would fall in love and get married.  John had be divorced for 33 years and I was happy living single in Manhattan.  If it hadn't been for my dear friend and employee, I would never have even considered it.  We married in NJ and of course she was there to celebrate with us.  God certainly knew what HE was doing and now we get to grow "old" together!!!!!! :)

i've had several friend find the 'soul mate' on the internet   :)

I'm not sure if John and I are 'sole mates' but he is certainly my best friend.  These last 9 years of marriage is something I never expected.  While he was divorced and single for 33 years he became a Christian and studied what God expected in relationships and marriage.  Just think...I got 33 years of training.  WOW!  It certainly worked for us!

2) I think I would give it a go. I have only ever been on blind dates no one has ever outright asked me on a date so for me it's a viable option. I prefer getting to know someone online a bit first if I can because I get so nervous in person. I find it easier to say how I feel and share who I am online. :)

Sabrina - what you said about online dating is what made it work for John and me.  If you haven't checked out e-Harmony or other Christian dating services you should.  I was against it at first and only had one match before John's name popped up.  What I liked about e-Harmony is how they make you communicate a carefully planned out way before you ever meet.  It helps to get to know each other first.  I'm not how many people have been successful but it certainly is becoming more common.  Take a chance and try it!  I have been blessed after making very bad choices in men when I was younger.  I was 58 and John 64 when we married after a year of dating.

Since I have been married for 28 years to my high school sweetheart, I have no reason to check out online dating services. If I were ever alone, I may do so but would probably use a Christian site. I would be really leery of doing so though because so many people hide their true selves and I would be afraid of getting involved with a bad person.

Sherri - I married my high school sweetheart but unfortunately I got pregnant and we had our first child when I was 19 and turned 20 several months later.  It put terrible pressure on us and I know that is why our marriage after being married 18 years.  We ended up having two wonderful kids that we both adored. He remarried and was very happy.  In 1999 he and wife were in a terrible motorcycle accident and after a week he was taken off life support.  So much healing had taken place over the years that I asked his wife if wee could tell him goodbye together.  Her injuries were severe and healing took several years.  She ended up marrying a man that had lost his wife of cancer.  Three years later I met John on e-Harmony and we married 9 years ago.  God has been good to all of us and I will always be thankful for the two children we were blessed with! I attached a picture of my daughter and son at my book launch in Dallas, TX.

Attachments:

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service