Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

ABOUT AUTHOR DAPHENE JONES - Daphene tells the story about her life as the twin sister of Deborah Hall of “Same Kind of Different as Me.” At the Anaheim Vineyard Conference in 1990, God promised to send a southern breezeover Deborah and Daphene. Neither of them could have imagined what that would look like or how many other people would eventually be touched by it. This is their story of overcoming even the darkest times of life through redemption, forgiveness, and second chances.

ABOUT BOOK: In Our Southern Breeze, Daphene Jones tells the story about her life as the twin sister of Deborah Hall of "Same Kind of Different as Me". She knew Deborah like no one else could. And the story she tells is like no other story. At the Anaheim Vineyard conference in 1990, God promised to send a southern breeze over Deborah and Daphene. Neither of them could have imagined what that would look like or how many other people would eventually be touched by the promised breeze. This is their story of overcoming even the darkest times of life through redemption, forgiveness, and second chances.
As she shares her heart through this story, her prayer is that God will heal the deep hurts that many are carrying. What she kept hearing as she worked on this book is that God is a God of Second Chances.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1)In “Our Southern Breeze” Daphene tells the story of her adjustment from a country girl to a city girl.   Many hilarious things happen in Manhattan as she learns to be a real New Yorker.  Can you share a funny story about being in a new place or situation?

2)When Daphene was 58 she found romance and marriage through an internet dating site.  Have you ever tried using an online dating service? Tell us your feelings either pro or con on meeting someone like this.

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30th*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 3rd

Views: 862

Replies to This Discussion

Jane - not sure meeting my sweet husband was from wisdom or a God thing!  When John and I joined e-Harmony we never expected "meeting" on the internet would end up in marriage.  We will be celebrating 9 years of marriage October 11th.  Our journey from meeting on the internet though marriage will be my next book.

Attachments:

Question 2: No, I have never used an internet dating site. I know of many that have. some have had good experiences and others have had bad experiences. Therefore, I'm not really sure. I don't know if I would use it or not.

Lisa - I certainly would NEVER have met my wonderful husband if it hadn't been for e-Harmony.  I had chosen not to date while I lived in Manhattan and John, who was from NJ had been divorced for 33 years. After making mistakes we are close to celebrating our 9th anniversary.  Because we are older and won't be able to celebrate as many years together as some people, we celebrate monthly.   At first I tried sending him e-cards but he said NO.  These need to be monthly celebrations of the time God gives us as husband and wife. I attached a picture of the beautiful roses John sent me for our '106' month anniversary!

Attachments:

I am a little leary about trying to find romance on a website.  Personally, I'm a very picky person.  I wouldn't be able to settle for something that didn't believe exactly as I do.

Melinda - what helped me decide was knowing that Focus-on-the-Family recommended it for Christians.  That was nearly 11 years ago so I have no idea what is being said now.  John Angelo Pisiona was God's man for me when I was healed from a very difficult life and ready for marriage.  I attached the email we sent to friends when we got engaged.  I am honored that John chose me to be his wife after he had been divorced for 33 years!!!

Attachments:

I tried an internet dating site a couple of years ago.  Talked to a man in Illinois and thought he was very nice.  After talking a few weeks, he wanted me to come visit.  Before I could decide, he told me he was a widower.  the next and final talk was when he told me I didn't have to bring anything.  he had all his late wife's clothing and I could just move right in and use her things, (if her dog approved of me,anyway).  Needless to say, I have been a wee bit more careful since then

Susan - I think the man you mentioned was more than WEIRD!  Not sure what website you were on but I felt safe with e-Harmony since the site encourages couples to learn to communicate way before you meet.  John and I knew each other well before we even talked on the phone.  One thing he did before our first date was pray with me before we hung up after chatting in the evening.  He would always say, "I'm ready to tuck you in bed", which meant its time to pray.  What a blessing this man has been to me.  I would suggest websites that say they help Christian couples meet.  God has many ways to open doors!   

2)When Daphene was 58 she found romance and marriage through an internet dating site.  Have you ever tried using an online dating service? Tell us your feelings either pro or con on meeting someone like this.

I have a few friends who have tried dating with online services.  But personally I have never tried and I think that I would be to afraid of someone lieing to me about who or what they are really like.  I have a  co worker who connect over the internet with a friend who lives in New York and she is in Alabama.  She has become great friends with this person and they are in a relationship.  He has come here to visit her and now she is planning to go there and visit him.  I think that too much happens in the world to be to trusting like that.

John and I were fortunate that we only had a river separating us...he was in NJ and I was in Manhattan.  After we finally had our first date we let Wednesday's be our special date day. Sometimes we enjoyed the city and other times he knew how much I missed large grocery stores and malls so he would take me.  I only put less than 50 miles as my radius which made me feel a little safer.  At first I was apprehensive but decided to take a chance!  If I hadn't responded to my second match I would never have met this wonderful Godly man!

"Have you ever tried using an online dating service? Tell us your feelings either pro or con on meeting someone like this."

No, I haven't, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it.  I have found some of best friends online because we talk about things that matter.  In real life, I find that conversations are mostly just gossip or bragging.  When I talk with people online, it's usually because we are on the same site due to common interests, and the ice is automatically broken and we have something interesting to talk about..........

Dana - you certainly have the right take on communicating online!  I never really had blind dates but I think both people would be putting their best foot forward and getting to know each other would be difficult.  John and I sent many emails back and forth through e-Harmony before we ever talked.  In fact I kept each email until we married and my next book will be more about our journey as we fell in love. Some of our love story is in chapter 7 which is the epilogue.  I purposely didn't tell all of the story and saved much of it for a later book!

No, I have not used the online dating service.  You can never know for sure who you are talking to. They can use whichever photo they want to. And you don't know   if they are truthful or not.  I know some who soon found this the case.  But, I know some who seem to be very happy.

One funny thing abut moving was to Jackson Hole, Wyo. from the Houston area back in the 60's. We left 100 plus degrees weather, and there it was in high 60's and low 70's. One day down on the square, I heard some of the oldtimers talking about the heat wave. So I stayed where I was because I wanted to know what they were talking about, for I thought the weather very nice.  Well, it turned out they had had four 75 degree days in a row and to them that was a heat wave.  I walked away laughing.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service