AUGUST 2012 FEATURED AUTHORS MINDY STARNS CLARK & LESLIE GOULD -THE AMISH BRIDE - 10 BOOK GIVEAWAY

ABOUT AUTHOR: MINDY STARNS CLARK is the author of many books, which include the popular Smart Chick Mysteries and Whispers of the Bayou. In addition, Mindy's plays and musicals have been featured in schools and churches across the United States.

ABOUT AUTHOR LESLIE GOULD began writing Amish fiction by co-authoring with the amazing Mindy Starns Clark. Their first novel in the best-selling The Women of Lancaster County series, The Amish Midwife, was #1 on both the CBA and ECPA lists and is also a Christy Award winner for 2012. The Amish Bride follows The Amish Nanny and is the third novel in the series.
Besides co-authoring three novels with Mindy, Leslie has written eleven other books, including Beyond the Blue, winner of the Romantic Times Book Club Magazine Reviewer’s Choice Award for Best Inspirational Novel in 2006. Her first solo Amish novel, Courting Cate, releases in the fall. It’s a retelling of “The Taming of the Shrew.”
Leslie received her master of fine arts in creative writing from Portland State University in 2009 and has taught fiction as an adjunct professor at Multnomah University. She lives with her husband, Peter, and their four children in Portland, Oregon. Besides researching the Amish, Leslie and her husband enjoy traveling, watching soccer, and serving as committee members for Portland Young Life Central.
Leslie is also an Army Reserve spouse. Her husband recently served for a year in Afghanistan commanding a field hospital. She’s very grateful to have him home.
Please visit www.lesliegould.comfor more information.

ABOUT BOOK:

The Amish Bride

A long-lost painting… a journal with a secret code…

a father’s mysterious return
Mennonite-raised Ella Bayer will encounter all of these in pursuit of her biggest dreams: marry her Amish boyfriend, Ezra, and operate her own bakery. Headstrong and independent, Ella is determined to reach her goals no matter what it takes.

Ezra adores Ella as well, despite his family’s objections. Hoping distance will cool the romance, they make plans for him to leave home. But when Ella’s estranged father returns to Lancaster, she escapes with Ezra to Indiana—and ends up at a farm linked to her great-grandmother’s coded journal. There, her attempts to break that code are aided by Luke Kline, a thoughtful Amish farmhand.

Ella’s difficult journey of self-discovery leaves her grappling with the past and questioning the future. Will she become Ezra’s Amish bride? Or does God have something else in mind for the proud and feisty young woman who is used to doing things her way?

MANDATORY. MUST ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS TO ENTER THE DRAWING!

Q1. The Amish Bride is the third novel in The Women of Lancaster series that I’ve co-authored with Mindy Starns Clark. Is there a project in your life that you’ve collaborated on that exceeded your expectations? What did you like the most about collaborating? (I’ll share my experiences working with Mindy after you share yours. ☺)

Q2. In The Amish Bride, when the main character, eighteen-year-old Ella, moves to a different community God begins to teach her new things about herself and others. What was a time in your life when God “moved” you to a new place (geographical or emotional)? What spiritual things did He teach you? (I have an example to share from my own life, when I was also 18. ☺)

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30th*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept. 3rd

Views: 1110

Replies to This Discussion

Yay!!! Love this!

#2 - When the plant that my husband worked in closed we had to transfer to a different area of the country. By moving there I met who was to become my best friend and still is today. Through her we met her husband who pastored a small church, we soon accepted Christ as our savior and became members of that church.

This is really precious. It was through one of our moves and joining a new church that I met my best friend. I already knew the Lord but desperately needed a friend who was a mom with young children in my life. That was 24 years ago, this month. We have been through so much together, both tragedies and triumphs. God is good.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service